Imperial Civil War [Empire at War] > Imperial Civil War Tech Support

Bad Performance in ICW

(1/1)

kingeagle11:
hello, my 1st post here :)
thrawn's revenge is not running smoothly, at like around 15-25 fps in game. MY specs are I7-7700hq, RX 580 8gb, 16gb ram 2667mhz, all of this at 1080p. RaW seems to be working a bit better, at around 30-40 fps. My old laptop with a gtx960m 2gb was running ICW at 60 fps. I have the steam version, any idea what could cause those bad performance? any help would be appreciated :) thx

DemonKingDan:
I have an idea. If you have the older version of RaW, then your AI and FPS are messed up. RaW customizes the base FOC files to be able to run the mod itself. My Theory is that RaW may be interfering with the files in ICW because of those specific reasons. If possible, you should probably delete RaW (finish any GCs first) then launch ICW. If that works, delete the old RaW mod that you have and upgrade to the newest version of RaW, it doesn't mess with the base FOC and it should probably work. Good Luck.

Edit: You could also mess with the VIDEO options in the game itself, I have a lot of stuff turned off because I use an old Laptop like you and my game runs smoothly. Well except big battles (even then I barely have enough FPS to see what's going on). I hope this helped too, I wouldn't want you to go through the hassle of everything I mentioned up above. I hope this method works too!

ElPenorGrande:
What's your refresh rate set to in the Video settings?

Good to try if you're on Windows 10: Run the game in a window, once you encounter the FPS drop take a look at the task manager. It'll tell you current CPU/GPU usage and all that. Maybe that can help you pin it down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version