Off Topic > Star Wars Discussion

The simple explanation of why Rey is so strong. [TLJ Spoilers]

(1/10) > >>

Illidan Stormrage:
WARNING SPOILERS

Look... you wanna know why Rey is so strong in the force.... and Kylo is not? For the exact same reason why North is North, why the handsome guy(me) always gets the girl, and why every spaceship in the universe is shaped like a cock. It's destiny, guys."
—Illidan Stormrage 3:46 EST 1/6/2018

No but seriously the force works in mysterious ways as said by many people so maybe its the force? I mean it would be a simple explanation to something. I mean why did Luke blow up the Death Star? The Force. Why did Obi Wan beat Anakin? He had the force and the high ground. How did the Rogue One group succeed? The Force. How did Rey beat Kylo? The Force. How did Kylo kill Snoke? The Force. How is Mace MotherFucking Windu so good? The Force, Bitch. How Did Papaltine hide himself from the Jedi? The Force. How did Darth Vader slaughter a rebel base of 10000? The Force Bitch.

I mean we can go on and on, but what we have to accept is that the force works in strange ways. Its what you considered is driving the plot. If you cant accept that then i don't know what else to say.

Lord Xizer:

--- Quote from: Illidan Stormrage on January 06, 2018, 03:54:07 PM ---Look... you wanna know why Rey is so strong in the force.... and Kylo is not? For the exact same reason why North is North, why the handsome guy(me) always gets the girl, and why every spaceship in the universe is shaped like a cock. It's destiny, guys."
—Illidan Stormrage 3:46 EST 1/6/2018

No but seriously the force works in mysterious ways as said by many people so maybe its the force? I mean it would be a simple explanation to something. I mean why did Luke blow up the Death Star? The Force. Why did Obi Wan beat Anakin? He had the force and the high ground. How did the Rogue One group succeed? The Force. How did Rey beat Kylo? The Force. How did Kylo kill Snoke? The Force. How is Mace MotherFucking Windu so good? The Force, Bitch. How Did Papaltine hide himself from the Jedi? The Force. How did Darth Vader slaughter a rebel base of 10000? The Force Bitch.

I mean we can go on and on, but what we have to accept is that the force works in strange ways. Its what you considered is driving the plot. If you cant accept that then i don't know what else to say.

--- End quote ---

The term you're looking for is Super Mary Sue. She's done the way she is because of focus groups wanting"strong independent woman ' she's not a character so much as a series of check boxes on a poll chart.

Guderian:
Just to poke a gigantic hole into your argument:
It takes training, a loooooot of training to Master the Force...

Example Luke: Yes he had the Force, but firing Proton Torpedos is something entirely different than fighting a Lightsaber Duel.

Example Obi Wan - Anakin: Anakin was overcome by rage and out of control, he overestimated himself and jumped into Obi-Wan's Saber,
Plus: Obi Wan WAS Anakins Master, he had training, lots of Training, Anakin was just a Jedi Knight strong with the force but undisciplined.

Rogue One: Plot Reasons, none other than Plot Reasons was the reason they succeded.

Rey beating Kylo: She is a Mary Sue!

Kylo killing Snoke: REASONS.

Mace Windu: He had a fuck ton of training.

Palpatine: He was trained by motherf*** Darth Plagueis! He was TRAINED! He didn't just do that because of the Force he had TRAINING.

Darth Vader Slaughtering Rebels: HE HAD TRAINING! He has a Lightsaber with which he can deflect Blasters, IT's not just the Force.

The Force might work in strange ways but MOST of the time you can explain things with TRAINING!

Luke didn't go up to Darth Vader in Episode IV and beat up his ass, because he wasn't trained.
Anakin lost to Count Dooku in Episode II because Dooku was better disciplined and trained!
Obi-Wan killed Darth Maul on Tatooine in one strike because he meditated and analysed about his opponent and Darth Maul tried the same trick twice - TRAINING/DISCIPLINE!

Rey has neither Training nor Discipline she is a Mary Sue.
That's it.

Illidan Stormrage:

--- Quote from: Lord Xizer on January 07, 2018, 03:53:33 AM ---The term you're looking for is Super Mary Sue. She's done the way she is because of focus groups wanting"strong independent woman ' she's not a character so much as a series of check boxes on a poll chart.

--- End quote ---
This mentality needs to stop. It really is not appropriate and isn't fair. George Lucas also wanted a female lead so no this was suppose to happen anyway. If its a female character who gives a shit? I mean idc about the characters gender at all as long as they write the character well. Just because she is a woman does not mean anything okay?

--- Quote from: Guderian on January 07, 2018, 04:01:08 AM ---Just to poke a gigantic hole into your argument:
It takes training, a loooooot of training to Master the Force...
Example Luke: Yes he had the Force, but firing Proton Torpedos is something entirely different than fighting a Lightsaber Duel.

--- End quote ---
So by you logic that a force user requires training to do the things they do, then Luke should not have been able to blow up the death star. Yes it is different then a lightsaber duel, but that means its a lot harder than that. Its easiler to kill another in a lightsbaer duel then it is to blow up a fucking superweapon.

--- Quote from: Guderian on January 07, 2018, 04:01:08 AM ---Rogue One: Plot Reasons, none other than Plot Reasons was the reason they succeded.

--- End quote ---
umm The Empire with hit by a surpirise attack by a bunch of rebel terrorists one of whom had the force. The rebels also sent a massive fleet and win the battle becuase of the Empire not using any support ships or getting renforicements untill late in the game. What does this have to do with the force? Jyn was trained in terrorism and is a rebel extremist who was taught by a terrorist named Saw Gerra.

--- Quote from: Guderian on January 07, 2018, 04:01:08 AM ---Example Obi Wan - Anakin: Anakin was overcome by rage and out of control, he overestimated himself and jumped into Obi-Wan's Saber,
Plus: Obi Wan WAS Anakins Master, he had training, lots of Training, Anakin was just a Jedi Knight strong with the force but undisciplined.

Rey beating Kylo: She is a Mary Sue!
Kylo killing Snoke: REASONS.

--- End quote ---
How is the fight between Rey and Kylo any different? Kylo was overcome with rage and fought out of control like Anakin while Rey fought with disapline. Also Kylo had been shot by a fucking explosive crossbow, stab by Finn duuring their quick Lightsaber duel, and was using the force in order to keep himself from passing out. He was weak plain and simple. Tell me, would it be realistc for Kylo Ren after being fucking shot with a explosive weapon that could have killed him, stab in his shoulder, and literally bleeding beat a woman who knows a thing or two about fighting with Mele weapons?

Aslo as for Kylo killing Snoke: You do realize why that happened? Kylo is sick of everyone's shit. So he is going to build a new world order based on his ideas. The reason he manage to kill Snoke is so simple that even my friends understand why. Kylo's thoughts were that he was going to kill his greatest enemy. Snoke thought it was Rey, but it was Snoke himself. The reason Snoke didnt realize this is because like the fucking Emperor he was over confident. THe Emperor was so powerful he should have sense Vader's betrayal from a mile away. Also Kylo turns his blade as he turns the blue lightsaber next to Snoke.
Done and Done.

--- Quote from: Guderian on January 07, 2018, 04:01:08 AM ---The Force might work in strange ways but MOST of the time you can explain things with TRAINING!
Luke didn't go up to Darth Vader in Episode IV and beat up his ass, because he wasn't trained.
Anakin lost to Count Dooku in Episode II because Dooku was better disciplined and trained!
Obi-Wan killed Darth Maul on Tatooine in one strike because he meditated and analysed about his opponent and Darth Maul tried the same trick twice - TRAINING/DISCIPLINE!
Rey has neither Training nor Discipline she is a Mary Sue.
That's it.

--- End quote ---
Yeah because Luke was barely trained. But you are assuming that Kylo and Vader are equal in power which is not true. Luke was trained slightly, but he did not finish his training. Same goes with Anakin and Dooku.

Maul losted because he wanted to die fighting Obi Wan training had nothing to do with it. this was confrimed by the show writers.
Rey was trained in using her staff and their are plenty of non forceusers who have used lightsabers
Pre-Vizla fought Maul pretty well and held his own.
i can name more but this is already long enough.

Lord Xizer:
You do realize my issue is with Rey not being a good character and that the reason they are afraid of making her have to rely on others or have faults is to appease female viewers. I don't have any issue with a female lead so long as the character gets both good development and implementation. I have significant issues with Rey being insanely amazing at everything without work or explanation. I can't get invested with someone who starts where most characters end, max level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version