Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Question about New Republic Intelligence gathering.  (Read 2239 times)

November 29, 2017, 01:10:37 AM

Offline fubbles

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Question about New Republic Intelligence gathering.
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:10:37 AM »
I just started playing Thrawns Revenge and Empire at War as a whole recently. I am really loving the mod but there are some things I don't understand. I am currently playing the 2.2 GC Demo Hunt For Zsinj, I am wondering if the New Republic gets any way to gather intelligence on enemy planets similar to imperial probe droids or Bothan spies. I am unsure if I am just supposed to blindly jump into battle not knowing what enemy forces I will face in space or on land.

November 29, 2017, 07:48:29 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about New Republic Intelligence gathering.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:48:29 AM »
They will be getting a Bothan Spy unit similar to probe droids, they just don't have it quite yet.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 13, 2018, 11:15:51 PMReply #2

Offline dajosh42069

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Republic of Independent Systems
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
While it seems like you've already made up your mind and decided how this will work.. I think it might be interesting to (instead of it being a Bothan) being the same Probe Droid, but simply named/titled "Captured Reprogrammed Probe Droid". Or some variation there-of.
Just a suggestion for an alternative is all, I completely get that you'd want to go with whatever you have already established as the future unit for NR Intel gathering.
Republic of Independent Systems will rise.

January 14, 2018, 12:34:23 AMReply #3

Offline Devon_v

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 12:34:23 AM »
While it seems like you've already made up your mind and decided how this will work.. I think it might be interesting to (instead of it being a Bothan) being the same Probe Droid, but simply named/titled "Captured Reprogrammed Probe Droid". Or some variation there-of.
Just a suggestion for an alternative is all, I completely get that you'd want to go with whatever you have already established as the future unit for NR Intel gathering.

Bothans are kinda a staple of New Republic espionage though. After Endor they made sure everyone knew who secured that victory (never mind Palpatine leaked the info himself) and parlayed it into positions within the new government. Fey'lya ended up chief of state over the whole thing basically and made sure to promote Bothan interests.

January 26, 2018, 12:14:00 AMReply #4

Offline fireball900

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:14:00 AM »
Do the EOTH have a probe equivalent?

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!