Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Reviewing Battlefront 2 EA honestly  (Read 2821 times)

November 21, 2017, 07:11:52 PM

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
Reviewing Battlefront 2 EA honestly
« on: November 21, 2017, 07:11:52 PM »
i know no one gives a shit about this game(well except for the campaign), but I do want to give a fair review.
So I am going to review based on each of the following sections of the game I have deemed fair
which are:
Graphics
Multiplayer ground battles
Space battles
the Campaign/lore
Arcade mode

Graphics: They are great, and I am honestly impressed with hwo they are done. I play on Xbox one and I still took the time to admire the beatuful maps. I partially loved the way Vardos looked. I feel that Vardos should be a muiltplayer map in the future. Some textures are wired but overall good. Final Score: 9/10

Muiltplayer ground battles: Definitely improved over the first game. I love the new point system which allows for us to have Deathtroopers, and wookies on the field. Star cards however break balance incredibly and make people really Op over me and Heroes tended to be the worst offenders in this scenario. I also don't like how I haven't been able to play on maps I haven played yet or choose the Era I wanted to play in. Note: the map rotation made it almost impossible for me to place maps like Starkiller base, and Tatioone which annoyed me. Oh cross era pisses me off a pit especially when I see Iden Veriso fighting clones while two super battle droids and Kylo Ren are behind her. Also PLEASE UP THE PLAYER COUNT TO 64! Final Score: 7/10

Space battles/Star fighter assualt: they are Amazing. I love star fighter assault. I have particular love for Fondor, and while technically not a space battle Kamino(I love how the Venator has the Blue LAZER OF DEATH!). I never felt so satisfied with the battles. The only real complaint is Star cards ruin balance, but aside from that. Space battles are just great. 9/10

Campaign/Lore: *sigh* Okay lets start from the beginning. The first 3 missions of the Campaign are the best in the entire game. Particularly the Battle of Fondor is fantastic and opens up opptounties for ship boarding game modes in multiplayer. Now I like mission 4 a bit, but not to much, but its cool to see Luke. I like his message to Del about how the choice isn't about who you fight for(The Empire or Rebellion), the choice is about being a better person. That message make me think that Del wouldn't defect since Luke's message was a rather neutral stance. Now lets talk about where the story falls off and killed the campaign for me. First off before I go further I liked to say Vardos looked amazing and I wish we used it more. Now the mission where Iden and Del defected was the mission that pissed me off. The entire mission makes the Empire not evil, but just plain stupid. I hated defecting and felt like they falsely advertised the game. Now after Iden and Del's defection two missions stood out for me after, which were the Han Solo, and Lando mission which I loved because I loved those characters. What also bother me is that this is a 5-8 campaign and instead of giving the story from Iden's perspective all the time they change it constantly to other characters. I don't give a shit about Kylo Ren. He is a Emo Bitch. Oh and the lore is really fucked with in this game.
Finial Score: 4/10

Arcade mode: its okay nothing makes me hate or like it. it is fine. 6/10
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 21, 2017, 09:24:38 PMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: Reviewing Battlefront 2 EA honestly
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:24:38 PM »
Dude, put a spoiler tag when doing this thing, or just delete the spoilers part. Not everyone can finish the game at the same time, or even have the game.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

December 02, 2017, 01:06:52 AMReply #2

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 01:06:52 AM »
Oh and also
How is it that the First Order Stormtroopers magically changed weapons during the finial mission?
 They went from E-11s to that new first order blaster
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 25, 2018, 05:12:36 PMReply #3

Offline XxNovaStarxX

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-1
  • The Pentastar Allignment has Cookies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 05:12:36 PM »
Oh and also
How is it that the First Order Stormtroopers magically changed weapons during the finial mission?
 They went from E-11s to that new first order blaster

Umm, not magic, this is a stupid comment, after 30 years, duh, they changed some of their technology.

"The New Republic is still
merely the Rebellion, thinly
 disguised as an official
entity. They are outlaws
, and they will continue to
 think and do as such.
In the Pentastar Alignment,
there will be no tolerance
 for any Rebel insurrection."
    ―Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 25, 2018, 06:38:48 PMReply #4

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 06:38:48 PM »
Umm, not magic, this is a stupid comment, after 30 years, duh, they changed some of their technology.
Thanks always glad that people here trade insults.

What i am referring to is the cutsecene where Kylo Ren lands on Pillo. In that cutsecene the FO troopers carry E11s from the Empire days, but later when they are own the ship the weapons change. In addition Hask is carrying a Imperial Officer's pistol and not a FO pistol like he should be carrying.

"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!