Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: about Galaxy Forge/Map Making tool  (Read 1754 times)

November 04, 2017, 02:40:32 PM

Offline DLX

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
about Galaxy Forge/Map Making tool
« on: November 04, 2017, 02:40:32 PM »
Hey there!
I'm new around here, so I didn't find an answer after a search so sorry if it's duplicate.

I'd like to know if the map-making tools for this mod are released?

I'm asking because I've made a small map for myself to play around with, since I wanted the factions (which are essentially empires) to own several planets right ahead.
So I've used only types that are shared in the mod, or so I thought. I noticed that you treat some "vanilla" planet types differently, such as "RandomAsteriodOrMoon" being something specific (I think arboreal), and every single owned planet (not just the capital) started with all the default structures and units.
I guess I CAN edit my map file manually or with a script or something (I opened one of the mod's maps, didn't seem like too much hassle), since it's basically a textual file, but if the "real tools" are out for the public I would very much like a link or something, because searches also beyond this site wielded nothing T_T

Thanks alot!
Daniel

November 04, 2017, 05:53:14 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: about Galaxy Forge/Map Making tool
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 05:53:14 PM »
All you need to do is put the galaxyscenariodef file from the mod's GameInfo folder into the Galaxy Forge folder to replace the vanilla one.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!