Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Any mod/submod can be uploaded to the Steam Workshop.  (Read 3748 times)

September 27, 2017, 12:48:39 PM

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
Any mod/submod can be uploaded to the Steam Workshop.
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:48:39 PM »
Hello Again Everyone it been awhile. So this Page is on my observe on the Steam Workshop base on how people can upload them to the Workshop itself. So if anyone on is making a Submod go and try uploading your mod to Steam and see if you can (you must have an account on Steam to upload anything) (plus anything else you may need) Hope you all enjoy your day bye.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

September 27, 2017, 02:30:04 PMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: Any mod/submod can be uploaded to the Steam Workshop.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 02:30:04 PM »
well it has to be tested to see if a sub mod that is submitted can modify the TR folder. Because Submods are not allowed to upload the whole mod, only the parts that modify ICW.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

September 27, 2017, 03:54:23 PMReply #2

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 03:54:23 PM »
well it has to be tested to see if a sub mod that is submitted can modify the TR folder. Because Submods are not allowed to upload the whole mod, only the parts that modify ICW.
So then people can upload the mod but as a full mod not a Moded mod?
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

September 27, 2017, 04:55:44 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »
We don't give permission for people to redistribute the full mod, so submods wouldn't work on the workshop.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 27, 2017, 08:23:57 PMReply #4

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 08:23:57 PM »
We don't give permission for people to redistribute the full mod, so submods wouldn't work on the workshop.
OH well then damn. Then how can one upload there Submod to Steam, Or not then how can anyone Download them to there Steam Version?

September 28, 2017, 01:02:28 PMReply #5

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 01:02:28 PM »
If people want to add submods onto the Steam workshop version of a mod they can easily download and install them via the existing non-Steam method (e.g. from ModDB, or whichever other file sharing site the submost is held, and paste the content into the relevant mod folder).
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

September 28, 2017, 07:41:37 PMReply #6

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 07:41:37 PM »
If people want to add submods onto the Steam workshop version of a mod they can easily download and install them via the existing non-Steam method (e.g. from ModDB, or whichever other file sharing site the submost is held, and paste the content into the relevant mod folder).
Oh ok thanks.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!