Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: ASSISTANCE REQUEST: Map editor troubles "cannot find entry point"  (Read 1950 times)

September 15, 2017, 03:18:16 AM

Offline nightraven1901

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Hey folks!

So I sometimes map. And I want to try my hand at making maps for the mod, or at least giving some to Corey to see if they're up to snuff. Trouble is, this takes a working map editor. The damned thing just plain does not like my steam copy of the game, and I can't get seem to fix the issue I'm currently stuck on. The map editor seems to want to access an older version of the perceptionfunction.dll file that's automatically patched with Steam; I am not savvy enough to patch/unpatch this myself, and can't seem to find an original copy of the .dll file to replace my one with for launch purposes (i'm happy to juggle a file if that's what it takes, I just need that file) so I'm kinda staring at a wall here. If anyone can give me a hand on this I can retarget my efforts from filling the forums to filling the map lists.

Cheers and happy posting,

September 15, 2017, 01:40:04 PMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: ASSISTANCE REQUEST: Map editor troubles "cannot find entry point"
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 01:40:04 PM »
This is actually a really new issue, like in the last few weeks, since the new Steam patch for EAW.  It has been reported to the Devs who have *just* released a patch for the terrain editor (note that I've not yet had an opportunity to test this myself): EAW Mod Tools.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

September 16, 2017, 08:48:59 AMReply #2

Offline nightraven1901

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 08:48:59 AM »
That explains a lot; so many of the posts I found for correcting the issue were really old and just the rarest few were brand-new. Gee, I have great timing for this kinda stuff :P ah well, I'm far too happy with the working map editor to complain in the slightest. Now comes the research phase to ensure against too much more wasted time- I think the eight hours or so I spent butting my head up against this missing file issue are enough, lol. I have to wonder what they wanted to patch at this point, though. There haven't been any other patches for EaW/FoC for years...

My thanks, Slornie, for a quick solution to a time-consuming problem. Work begins now :D

September 16, 2017, 01:31:40 PMReply #3

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »
I have to wonder what they wanted to patch at this point, though. There haven't been any other patches for EaW/FoC for years...
Quite a lot, as it happens!

Original patch
Forthcoming second patch
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

September 16, 2017, 09:31:41 PMReply #4

Offline nightraven1901

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 09:31:41 PM »
Huh, no kidding. There was actually quite a lot to that puppy, wasn't there? Cheers for the info mate. On that note, I'm proud to report that with your invaluable assistance ten hours have been spent producing mod content (inefficiently. Better to say, I spent two hours making content and eight learning how to make content) Hope you don't like the map on Pantolomin- I'm trying to replace it :)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!