Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: issues with lag  (Read 1541 times)

September 14, 2017, 05:28:01 PM

Brod1ll1an

issues with lag
« on: September 14, 2017, 05:28:01 PM »
I keep finding myself playing mods for the game but for some reason I cannot get it to stop lagging after a certain point. I am using the GOG version of eaw and I have a gtx 1060 so I know I can handle it, issue is that I just cant get it to stop. I've tried the 4gb patch, switching the game to only use 1 or 2 cpu cores instead of my 8, and I've even tried outside programs. if someone has any input on if I can fix this, tell me. I have also messed with the graphics, in which didn't change anything, I was also wondering if the engine used in eaw cant handle it or something like that and if I can fix it. input would be appreciated.

March 05, 2018, 07:23:54 PMReply #1

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • We're the Spark that'll burn down the First Order
    • View Profile
Re: issues with lag
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 07:23:54 PM »
The only thing I can recommend is uninstalling and re-installing EAW. I use the GOG version too, but it only lags for me when there are too many fighters or too many big ships. If you got the 4gb patch, then it should be working, if not then that's something you'll have to ask Corey or one of the devs about. Im sorry it's not much input to go on about, but I hope it was at least a little helpful!
DemonKingDan, King of the Demons

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!