Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Airspeeder/ V-Wing attack patterns highly inefficient  (Read 1024 times)

September 12, 2017, 09:02:36 PM

Offline nightraven1901

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Airspeeder/ V-Wing attack patterns highly inefficient
« on: September 12, 2017, 09:02:36 PM »
G'day, g'day.

So, I was trying to keep my cool playing New Republic (grr, no ability to counter ISDs until era 3, grrrrrrr) and figured something out. If you order a flight of V-Wings of airspeeders to engage any given large structure, they will perform a single fairly effective approach pass on the target, then fly such tight loops above that their DPS frops by, (and this is no joke, I timed this) about one eighth of their potential DPS is told to alternate between two nearby targets, so they continue to perform approaching passes that allow several seconds of sustained fire instead of a single shot, possibly two or three.

Suggested solution: Adjust AI pathfinding for attack runs to have a longer delay before initiating the next attack pass after competing the last (should make them fly a few more metres along their previous course before trying to commence the next when they're too close) alternately, just ramp their turn speed up and it'll sort the problem but they'll look weird in the turns. Also viable is increasing the firing arcs on the guns (which would return the vanilla issue of rounds leaving the barrels of the speeders tangentially but meh; worse things happen).

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!