Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 23 battle on the same planet  (Read 2088 times)

September 11, 2017, 08:51:23 PM

Offline Roachbugg

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
23 battle on the same planet
« on: September 11, 2017, 08:51:23 PM »
Is the AI in 2.15 always so damn persistent I've been playing with the PA pushing into EoTH territory and the Remnant just keeps suiciding fleets into my defense forces. Although it makes for some rather lovely screen shots. I have No Idea where Isard is either skulking about the NR I suppose since I'm still in Era one. I have no Idea it been an interesting GC that's for sure. Maybe if I take Kane Isard hunting they will stop throwing ISDs at me. Must admit is fun to watch my fleet punish them though.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:54:31 PM by Roachbugg »

September 12, 2017, 08:27:02 PMReply #1

Offline nightraven1901

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 23 battle on the same planet
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:27:02 PM »
I'll second this. Though they've stopped trying to form their assault fleets over the world they wish to assault, which used to be a thing in this mod (resulting in two-to-fifteen consecutive fights in one place as all the units they meant to send at you in one go arrived piecemeal, hoping to launch their assault on Corulag from enemy-occupied Corulag) so I'm not going to complain. Heck, I gotta give the blighters points for persistence... It is easy to see the end of them though. Defend your borderworlds harder than your neighbours, and the AI will fight amongst itself for a while letting you recuperate from a heavy beating. Of course, this requires enough surviving ships to out-defend your neighbours...

September 12, 2017, 10:12:12 PMReply #2

Offline Roachbugg

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:12:12 PM »
So far the AI hasn't been very good at breaking my Formations a tight ISD squadron can pile on a lot of fire really fast.

At least I finally found Isard

September 13, 2017, 09:25:25 AMReply #3

Offline nightraven1901

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:25:25 AM »
You're too right Roachbug- the ISDs are potent ships with the ability to dominate a piece of space if interlocked and interspersed with Lancers or IPV-1s. Unfortunately, the New Republic can't match that manoeuvre until era 3-4. Out of curiosity, what's your preferred NR planetary space garrison for the same role? Do you use Mon Calamari plus CR90 spam or something else?

September 13, 2017, 10:00:54 AMReply #4

Offline Roachbugg

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »
You are correct until later Era's when you get Nebulas and MC-90's it's pretty pointless to try a defense formation like this. For defending planets at the NR I usually build a large swarm of Quasars, parked behind a 4-6 MC-80's the MC 80's are nigh useless IMHO but you will have quite a fighter swarm the Mc's can tank fire for a bit and dish out their mediocre damage when your fighters strip the shields from the enemy ships. I'm not really a fan of the NR until I can have useful line ships such as the MC90 and Nebula-Class. With them, the strategy is pretty much the same as with the Imperial Factions except you'll actually have star fighter superiority the whole battle.   

September 14, 2017, 02:22:31 PMReply #5

Offline nightraven1901

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 02:22:31 PM »
Fair enough; thanks for the idea mate. I'll give that a more serious attempt and see how it goes in comparison to usual strategy,

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!