Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Minuscule UI  (Read 2587 times)

September 10, 2017, 03:50:26 AM

Offline Roachbugg

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Minuscule UI
« on: September 10, 2017, 03:50:26 AM »
I'm not sure if it's because of my monitor's resolution being 1680x1050 or the fact I admittedly have poor Eyesight but the UI for ascendancy is Tiny. The text is barely readable, and since the general layout is changed and the buttons are all different IT's been difficult for me to enjoy Ascendancy. Is there any way to rescale the UI to make things bigger? Help a half blind fan boy enjoy the Mod fully? 

September 10, 2017, 10:35:42 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Minuscule UI
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 10:35:42 AM »
Is there a particular type of text field which is unreadable? If so, I can tell you which font names to change- the actual font size is the same size, but some of the specific fonts may be hearder for you to see.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 10, 2017, 11:23:09 AMReply #2

Offline Roachbugg

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 11:23:09 AM »
The Text in the unit descriptions and where it shows your resource numbers Is particularly hard to read. Don't really need unit descriptions much most of the ships roles are the same from ICW but being able to read what my tech's do would be helpful. All being able to see what resources I have is somewhat helpful. Although having the advisor guy tell me the empire can't afford such expenditures at the moment is rather amusing.

September 10, 2017, 05:08:28 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 05:08:28 PM »
The first thing I'd suggest trying is removing the folder named Font in the TRAscendancy folder, which should revert everything back to the original game's fonts.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 10, 2017, 08:58:41 PMReply #4

Offline Roachbugg

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 08:58:41 PM »
That helped a lot the Base font is a bit bolder and a lot more readable thanks for that. If I wanted to play online with a friend would I need him to delete his font folder too or will that not affect anything.

September 10, 2017, 09:21:03 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 09:21:03 PM »
I don't know if it'll impact multiplayer version matching, but you may have to.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!