Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: AI free credits  (Read 1527 times)

September 09, 2017, 08:05:38 PM

Shadow

AI free credits
« on: September 09, 2017, 08:05:38 PM »
Hello all I am just curious as to whether the AI gets unlimited money with which to play.  They seem to always be making money and their charts never seem to drop.  Do they actually have to play by the same rules I do or do they just get unlimited money?
Thanks.

September 09, 2017, 08:16:32 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: AI free credits
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:16:32 PM »
The AI in pretty much any strategy game gets free resources, and Eaw works much the same way- it's one of the primary differences in difficulty levels. The level of this is significantly higher in 2.1 than it will be in 2.2, mostly because we assumed lack of resources was why they were sending such small fleets, but it was a different issue we've not solved. The AI will always receive proportionally more credits than the player (unless you're on easy), but it won't be quite as much.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 09, 2017, 08:30:55 PMReply #2

Shadow

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 08:30:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I upped the cost of the SSd's in my xml files.  The spam was getting real.  I wanted to know if the upped cost would have an effect.  So, do they simply generate more credits per week as if ever planets income was doubled?  or do they just get a flat bonus per week for difficulty level.  Or is it that they simply cannot drop below a certain level of credits in game?
Thnaks

September 09, 2017, 09:12:30 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 09:12:30 PM »
It's a direct multiplier on their income, dependent on AI level.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 09, 2017, 09:14:29 PMReply #4

Shadow

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »
So there is still a limit to how much they have and make, correct?

September 10, 2017, 05:41:59 AMReply #5

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 05:41:59 AM »
There's a limit in GameConstants.xml, which probably applies equally to players and AI, of 400,000 credits per planet controlled.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!