Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Capturing capitals with the MC-80  (Read 3189 times)

August 29, 2017, 06:33:16 PM

Offline Samurai_Apocalypse

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Capturing capitals with the MC-80
« on: August 29, 2017, 06:33:16 PM »
Love everything about 1.1.1 except the removal of capturing capital ships with NR via the MC-80.

Out of all the SW mods for Sins I feel Ascendency does the best job of capturing the Star Wars feel by allowing for a wide range of play styles. Part of what continually draws me to the mod is the ability of the game to let me recreate many scenarios from the books/comics.  In almost every storyline from courtship of Princess Leia through the second galactic civil war, the NR fielded captured and built imperial tech (ISD I, II, and SSD) - it was a very cool aspect to be able to recreate that in the mod.

That being said, the previous mechanic was broken.  It was easier to capture capitals then cruisers and frigates (due to durability) - not ideal.

I propose a solution:

Change the MC-80 ability to be like the mole miners AND change the capture mechanic to only be available on the alliance transport (remove it from the ferret).  I would do the same for the remenant.  The micro mechanic is much more satisfying with the mole miners and mu scouts.  I think the change to the transport would add another layer - if you want to go heavy capture play style, you have to substitute shooting supply with transports.  It would give a reason to include transports in fleets and provide more fleet diversity.  I think it would also be an awesome mechanic, consistent with other game mechanics, and be fund and awesome.

August 29, 2017, 06:54:56 PMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: Capturing capitals with the MC-80
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 06:54:56 PM »
The reason why it was removed was because people were capturing SSD heroes since they counted as capital ships. That is way overpowered and not really fun.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

August 30, 2017, 12:58:17 PMReply #2

Offline Samurai_Apocalypse

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
If that is the only rationale, then drop the nerf hammer on the mole miner ability for the ISD I, because I nabbed the Knight Hammer with that too. 

September 05, 2017, 12:39:29 PMReply #3

Offline elcablos

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 12:39:29 PM »
But in Legends lore the NR captured a few SSD's, why should these be any different? Can't you make the heroes count as titans of sorts?

September 05, 2017, 01:32:41 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 01:32:41 PM »
It's more about balance than lore, and it's not just because of heroes- the functionality was meant to be removed before heroes were even in, but Bane missed some files. No ships will be keeping the ability to capture capital ships in Ascendancy.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:34:35 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 19, 2017, 12:19:22 AMReply #5

Offline allenwisky123

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 12:19:22 AM »
For me, it's a very fun game because I like watching movies constantly.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!