Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Daala still around in Era 5  (Read 1736 times)

August 16, 2017, 10:53:02 PM

Robby Mac

Daala still around in Era 5
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:53:02 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug...
I'm playing the Art of War campaign, era 1-5, as the Remnant. Daala was defeated at Fondor, and the game moved on to Era 5....BUT...Daala is still a hero for Era 5. So after being destroyed, she is alive and well! Am I missing something?
Thanks!

August 16, 2017, 11:21:47 PMReply #1

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
Re: Daala still around in Era 5
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 11:21:47 PM »
In the EU Daala handed control of the Remnant to Pellaeon after her failed campaign. In the mod, after you defeat her in Era 4, she reappears in Era 5. Only this time in command of a Venator instead of what she had in Era 4.

August 16, 2017, 11:41:27 PMReply #2

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 11:41:27 PM »
Yeah she still alive because of her escaping the KnightHammer (NightHammer but meh). But I think she should get a Imperial 2 Star Destroyer instead of a Venator or a Imperial 1Star Destroyer. .....by the way were any Crimson Command Victory Star Destroyers left in The Galaxy after her failed Campaign?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:23:52 AM by Corey »
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

August 17, 2017, 12:26:59 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 12:26:59 AM »
Yeah, not every hero actually 'dies' when they die. There are one or two like Daala who still survived after they got defeated, and were still important characters.

But I think she should get a Imperial 2 Star Destroyer instead of a Venator or a Imperial 1Star Destroyer.

She's in a Venator because canonically, she was known to be in command of a frigate named Scylla. She was definitely not commanding an ISD.

The CCVSDs never really get mentioned a sfter that, but presumable there were at least a small handful left.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 17, 2017, 10:28:41 AMReply #4

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »
yeah, that is the impression i got. of the 100 strong fleet in 4ABY, maybe 50 were left at the end of the Daala campaign. so, maybe a couple could show up in GCs later(in very small numbers, i'll work on the with LordXizer and the others), but were never a major element again
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!