Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Corporate Sector Authority Submod  (Read 7750 times)

August 01, 2017, 10:44:11 PM

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Corporate Sector Authority Submod
« on: August 01, 2017, 10:44:11 PM »
Corporate Sector Authority Submod
For Imperial Civil War 2.2 Demo

Enables the Corporate Sector as a playable faction in the Hunt for Zsinj

Download link

Leader: Karrek Flim
Capital: Etti IV

Space Unit Roster
Lucrehulk, ISDI
Providence, VSDI, Dauntless, Dreadnaught, Neutron Star
Gladiator, Nebulon B, Quasar Fire, Marauder, Interceptor IV, Etti Light Cruiser
V-19, ARC-170, Skipray

Ground Unit Roster
Heavy Tracker
Hailfire Droid, AAC-1, T1-B, AT-AP, AT-PT, Chariot, T-16, Bantha II, ISP
Droideka, Espos, Plex Troopers

Heroes

Prex Karrek Flim - Galactic
Karrek Flim was a Viceprex based on Corellia during the Galactic Civil War, where he carried out a number of suspect actions through Didina Lippinoss. After Chils Meplin was exiled for conspiring with the Empire, Flim replaced him as Prex of the CSA. Provides a 25% discount at his location.

Admiral Angela Krin - Space: Lucrehulk-class Battleship, Resolute
Angela Krin rose to prominence as a Lieutenant Commander in the Corporate Sector Authority fleet after enforcing the quarantine of Endregaad in 19 ABY. She was also responsible for halting the plans of Mika Anjiliac Chiera.

Commodore Jona Grumby – Space: Victory Star Destroyer, Notropis
A thirty-year veteran of the Republic and later Imperial Navy, Grumby was crippled in the Battle of Ogoth Tiir, confined to a hover chair, and forced to retire. Still an effective commander, he was quickly recuited by the Corporate Sector.

Baruche Sloane – Space: Victory Star Destroyer, Enforce
A diligent officer in the Picket Fleet, Sloane was promoted to Fleet Commander shortly after the battle of Endor. He was known to handle customs duties in the Kalinda system.

Riga Lanchenzoor - Galactic
Riga Lanchenzoor was the youngest person to become chief manager for the Bank of Aargau, and later came into the employ of the Corporate Sector Authority's Financial Division. Thanks to her shrewdness and ambition, Lanchenzoor was made the Executive Viceprex of that division, a position that she held for the next twenty years. She constantly pushed to bring CSA currency off the Imperial credit standard, but met resistance due to fears of Imperial Retaliation. Provides a credit boost at her location.

Odumin - Galactic
The Tynnan Odumin was a CSA agent who once saved the life of High Inquisitor Laddinare Torbin, and was subsequently promoted to Territorial Administrator. He continued his undercover work, concentrating on dissolving slaver organizations such as the Xiochi Gang, once teaming up with Han Solo. After publishing his memoirs, he became a hero on his homeworld. Provides a discount at his current location and can scout out enemy systems.

Fiolla - Galactic
Hart-and-Parn Gorra-Fiolla of Lorrd was a talented and idealistic auditor of the Corporate sector. She once broke up a slaver ring run by CSA officials with the help of Han Solo, which led to a brief relationship with the famous Corellian. She later discovered the espionage of Prex Chils Meplin and attained the rank of Auditor-General. In addition to her CSA career, Fiolla ran her family's landspeeder business on Lorrd, expanding it to service and sell starships. Provides a discount at her current location.

Dakka Fasser - Land: Hovervan
Dakka Fasser was a lieutenant in the Security Police stationed on Etti IV. She was in charge of the arrest of Jahan Cross for the murder of Dah'lis Stark, but refused to be held accountable when he escaped. Commands a hovervan in ground battles.

Aarica Vost - Galactic: Recruit from Etti IV
Aarica Vost was the daughter of Larin Vost, head of Corporate Expansion, and worked as a CSA intelligence agent on the planet Kirima following the Battle of Endor under the alias "Bren-Aarica Rordan". Can scout out enemy systems.

Russ Jarib - Galactic: Recruit from Etti IV
Russ Jarib was an intelligence agent for the Corporate Sector Authority. Following the Battle of Endor, he was assigned to the planet Kirima under Kora Primo, the head of CSA intelligence there. Can scout out enemy systems.

---
This mod is a custom modification and was neither created nor is it supported by the Thrawn's Revenge team. The Thrawn's Revenge team is not responsible for any negative effects from installing these files nor can they be held responsible for fixing any issues which arise from them.
---

August 02, 2017, 11:50:50 AMReply #1

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Corporate Sector Authority Submod
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 11:50:50 AM »
Pretty impressive. I think I'll try this out
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

August 02, 2017, 02:16:57 PMReply #2

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 02:16:57 PM »
very interesting. what all does this change?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

August 02, 2017, 06:33:31 PMReply #3

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 06:33:31 PM »
It shouldn't change anything if you don't play as the Corporate Sector. If you do, CSA independence happens immediately rather than once Zsinj dies, which removes a few planets and starting forces from Zsinj's Empire. Night Caller and Teubbo get moved to Serenno so they don't get wiped out in the first week. Killing Zsinj still causes the Remnant to break off the alliance with the New Republic, but nothing special happens to the CSA planets anymore.

August 04, 2017, 08:22:49 PMReply #4

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 08:22:49 PM »
So I tried to install it(with putting the data file in as the readme suggests) and it just causes a crash.
Any suggestions old boy?

August 05, 2017, 09:16:47 AMReply #5

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 09:16:47 AM »
Hm, not sure what's happening offhand. Do you have a clean copy of patch 2 of the demo? When does it crash, and does it give you any information about why?

August 05, 2017, 07:16:36 PMReply #6

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 07:16:36 PM »
Hm, not sure what's happening offhand. Do you have a clean copy of patch 2 of the demo? When does it crash, and does it give you any information about why?

Yes I have a clean install. It crashes when it brings up the title screen shot of the battle of Orinda(the Reaper and Lusankya one)
Then it won't go past that and I have to CTRL EXT back to desktop where I get a pop up message saying Fatal Exception has occurred, try again yes or no.
No matter which you click it says EaW is not responding and will now close.

August 06, 2017, 01:03:53 PMReply #7

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 01:03:53 PM »
You are merging the downloaded data folder with Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\ICW22Demo\Data, correct?

August 07, 2017, 03:03:36 AMReply #8

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 03:03:36 AM »
You are merging the downloaded data folder with Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\ICW22Demo\Data, correct?

Yes, that is exactly what i did. Still getting the exception error.

August 07, 2017, 01:20:28 PMReply #9

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 01:20:28 PM »
I haven't been able to replicate the crash on my system. Have you tried redownloading the submod?

August 07, 2017, 03:03:09 PMReply #10

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 03:03:09 PM »
I haven't been able to replicate the crash on my system. Have you tried redownloading the submod?

Yes, I tried the new file yesterday(after putting a fresh copy of the 2.2 demo in first) still same result.
It's not an issue, would be cool to play as the CSA but I can wait.

September 14, 2017, 11:19:02 PMReply #11

Offline Roachbugg

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »
I like this Sub Mod a lot! Just a few things I've noticed after about three hours of game play.

the CSA's ISD-I has basically an infinite power to weapons ability. What I mean is the is almost no shield cost a near instant cool down and a short duration essentially allowing the CSA-ISD-I to become a floating turbo laser machine gun, which to be fair is rather humorous but a bit unbalanced.

The CSA's fleet roster is nice with a a lot of carriers and some decent line ships all they lack is larger battle cruisers which is understandable they shouldn't really have any battlecruisers or an SSD. I'm not sure the Dauntless fits any needed role on their roster but it isn't unbelievable for them to have them since I do believe they are just converted luxury liners much like the MC-80's correct? Also, the Dauntless doesn't have any fighter's is that Intentional? 

Their fighter's match up well against all the other faction's even being able to muscle out the NR with enough numbers the V-19 having concussion missiles is really the linch pin it also allowed my fleet to wipe out Zsinj and Iron Fist the first time he attacked.

Their ground roster is underwhelming with the droidika being the only interesting unit, this isn't so much a complaint as an observation. I hate ground-battles anyway having the heavy tracker's sensor ping to target for bombardments and Bombing runs is great though. I'd switch the Infantry from the NR models to the PA enforcers they seem more like what I'd expect Espo officers to look like especially with their reliance on hand-me-down Imperial Surplus equipment.

(Just for fun some Screenshots)

Seige of Mon Calamari

Battle of Lianna

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:25:58 AM by Roachbugg »

September 15, 2017, 06:52:03 PMReply #12

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 06:52:03 PM »
Thanks! Glad to hear that you've enjoyed it!

The CSA ISD is a copy of the Greater Maldrood's which has the same ability. Considering the CSA's general lack of powerful ships, it's not as much of a concern, but still might be worth revisiting.

The Dauntless connection is fairly weak, but it was a converted luxury liner made by SoroSuub, and SoroSuub had a good relationship with the Corporate Sector. Besides, it adds another heavy frigate to a roster short on powerful vessels. The lack of fighters isn't intentional, but the Rebel version has the same issue and I wasn't able to track it down.

The ground unit selection is fairly underwhelming, but I don't think there's much more in the mod that fits. Navytroopers would be the second choice for ground infantry, but Espos are explicitly said to use brown riot armor, and I think the NR model matches the depictions of them better:

For that matter, the CSA doesn't seem particularly dependent on second hand tech for their ground forces. Besides KZZ Riot armor, they have their own walkers, assorted hover vehicles, and even artillery. I just don't have the modelling skills to make any of it.

Thanks for the screenshots!

September 16, 2017, 06:59:59 AMReply #13

Offline Roachbugg

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 06:59:59 AM »
Right, I forgot the Espos were called boys in brown by smugglers. I'm forgetting my smuggler slang! That makes the Use of the NR soldiers make more sense, I'm still going to chuckle at the big NR logo on their shoulders though :P. Anyway, I finished my campaign and here's another batch of screen shots.Just a thought but you know how all the factions have a capita building might be an IDea to give the CSA Star's End to serve a similar purpose. 

Clone Wars flash backs

My ships may be old as dirt but they'll still kill you just as efficiently as Zsinj's shiny Iron Fist. Oh, wait I blew that up. -Admiral Angela Krin, Taunting Han Solo at the battle of Hapes.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!