Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Request for extra Details and the palleon class sd for the thrawn faction  (Read 1835 times)

July 23, 2017, 09:11:33 AM

Offline xXCrysisCGXx

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ascendancy is a great mod so far in case of units , ui and gameplay. But i miss some things which other mods have and i think with these improvements ascendancy could be even better. for example units destroyed in the star trek armada3 mod stay in orbit arround the planet. this puts a special vibe to this mod. you can see there was a huge space battle when wrecks of entire fleets are in the orbit. but in ascendancy so far : the eclipse / sovereign or any ship gets destroyed... and boom its gone. i dont know how hard it is to programm this but details like that would be awesome for future versions ascendancy. PS can we got the palleon class sd for the palleon/ thrawn faction ? it would be nice to have them in the mod and the palleon faction in 1.1 seems a bit weak to me. Im no expert in terms of balance but ive tested all remnant factions and the palleon regime seems a bit to weak. I mean with dalaa you can have to titans and crimson command victorys, with palpatine u have all the amazing super weapons , 2 titans  and the fortress world upgrade and palleon just has a few upgrades to star destroyers and some other stuff. So it would be nice to have the palleon sd s and a reason to choose this faction. Besides good job from the dev team on patch 1.1 , keep on keeping on

July 23, 2017, 12:08:22 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
you can see there was a huge space battle when wrecks of entire fleets are in the orbit. but in ascendancy so far : the eclipse / sovereign or any ship gets destroyed... and boom its gone

Custom debris will be coming later

PS can we got the palleon class sd for the palleon/ thrawn faction ?

The Pellaeon-class Star Destroyer didn't exist until almost 100 years after when the mod is set, so we will not be including it.

the palleon faction in 1.1 seems a bit weak to me. Im no expert in terms of balance but ive tested all remnant factions and the palleon regime seems a bit to weak. I mean with dalaa you can have to titans and crimson command victorys, with palpatine u have all the amazing super weapons , 2 titans  and the fortress world upgrade and palleon just has a few upgrades to star destroyers and some other stuff. So it would be nice to have the palleon sd s and a reason to choose this faction.

There's plenty of reasons to go for Thrawn and Pellaeon, they just don't have the same superweapon use as Daala and Palpatine, which is intentional. Each regime has different strengths and weaknesses. So if you're judging their strength by how many huge weapons they can get, then yeah, they'll seem weaker. What Thrawn and Pellaeon provide are fantastic hero bonuses, some very useful abilities, and overall improvements to your fleet instead of the concentration of power into individual superweapons like Palpatine, or the focus on titans like Daala.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 24, 2017, 03:46:55 AMReply #2

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Also Thrawn despised superweapons. He thought that they are nothing but a waste of credits and resources.
So it would be weird to give them superweapons
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!