Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Open Circle Fleet as "Heroes"  (Read 2353 times)

July 23, 2017, 12:53:16 AM

Offline StagnantSoul

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Open Circle Fleet as "Heroes"
« on: July 23, 2017, 12:53:16 AM »
I think we should be able to make the Open Circle Fleet, in a limited amount like we have for Executors and Viscounts etc, but more like those Crimson Victories. To distinguish them from regular Venators, they should have something only the OCF ever used: A mini superlaser in the ventral hangar, able to one-shot frigates and corvettes. Not as long of a CD as the Eclipse obviously, as it's not as strong, and shouldn't have the same range, just be able to take out Munificents and Resucants etc at very close range, kind of a deterrent to them. Providence and Lucrehulks and equally large targets would be untargetable, or maybe they could be but the damage wouldn't be enough to take them out, just damage them moderately, with the Malevolance able to tank multiple hits of it without much problem.

What do you guys think?

July 23, 2017, 04:46:29 AMReply #1

Offline t78

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Open Circle Fleet as "Heroes"
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 04:46:29 AM »
Sadly the Ai simply ignores build limits (the makers of the original base game really slipped up there). A Separatist player
 might find themselves swarmed by such units. The idea itself is an interesting one though.

July 25, 2017, 07:26:01 AMReply #2

Offline rednax

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • For the Pentastar Alignment!
    • View Profile
Re: Open Circle Fleet as "Heroes"
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:26:01 AM »
The mini super laser was a SPHA  T ( somethingorrather heavy artillery turbo laser) the same things that took down a core ship in AOTC, technically any venator could pop one in the hanger and Boom, mini super laser.
I think the republic at war mod has already given this ability to all venators, though I could be wrong.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!