Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Unit Stats  (Read 2251 times)

July 18, 2017, 02:08:44 PM

Offline Phntm-

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Unit Stats
« on: July 18, 2017, 02:08:44 PM »
Where can I look for specific unit stats?

Like firing rates, firing arcs, no. of bursts per shot, dps, firing points, what each gun can target (fighter, frigate, or both?), turn rates, speed, acceleration and other stuff like that?

Also, can someone help explain the difference between lasers, turbolasers, ion, conc. missile and torpedo in-game wise? Like are lasers only meant to hit fighters? Hit both fighters and frigates?

July 19, 2017, 05:45:12 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Unit Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 05:45:12 AM »
Most stats can be seen here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X0bSeKTZo_6V9UukaKFBx6C155oqcDWzrEPRf2KEcfc/edit?usp=sharing

Not all of that information is available, however not all of that information is real information- the way weapons work in Sins, the actual bursts are just a graphical effect. Most units have one taregt per bank (larger capital ships can ahve more, and some research increases it as well) and they do the full listed damage to each target, aside from different armour/mitigation/multiplier interactions. If you want the rest of the available information, you'd be better off just looking directly in the files, since at that point you're just transposing every field in the files.

Lasers are anti-fighter weapons and do negligible damage to non-fighters. Turbolasers are anti-sahip. Ion cannons are anti-shield and don't damage hulls. Proton Torpedos and concussion missiles do amplified damage against ships.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 19, 2017, 11:25:01 AMReply #2

Offline Phntm-

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 11:25:01 AM »
Thank you very much! This spreadsheet is very helpful for me.

What about the planets? Do they have the same nature as the planets in sins? (e.g. Volcanic have more steel? Arctic have more Tibanna?)

July 19, 2017, 03:24:37 PMReply #3

Offline taupin121

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-4
  • Solo Command
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 03:24:37 PM »
Nice file. Is there's one with ICW's unit stats ? Some are on the wiki but it would be nice to have them in one table.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!