Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Did I break my Venators? Please help.  (Read 1310 times)

July 10, 2017, 09:38:23 AM

Offline StagnantSoul

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Did I break my Venators? Please help.
« on: July 10, 2017, 09:38:23 AM »
Alright, so I learned it was actually pretty simple to make small changes to ships, such as adding torrent fighters to the munificent and making it a 2 unit cap unit, making the venator have capital grade shields etc. I have always been peeved by the fact that the Venator should have a pair of proton torpedo launchers but doesn't, so I thought I'd go one step further and add those on and... Well, not my venators are invincible! In a bad way. They've lost the front pair of dual turbolasers, which now don't fire turbolasers, or the proton torpedoes I tried to switch them to. There's no hardpoint there, but when all the rest have been destroyed, it doesn't die, just keeps about an eighth of it's health and floats on, not able to be shot down, not even by HVG's. So I have two questions, only the first being actually major:

1: How do I put my Venators back to normal? I copy and pasted a untouched version of the Remnant hardpoints and ships, to revert everything back to as before, the munificents went back to normal and so did the shield durability and fighter payload of the Venator, but it still has those two ghost hardpoints at the front. How do I fix this? Do I have to completely reinstall the mod fresh?

2: How do I add that pair of proton torpedo launchers to it without taking away a current turbolaser battery, so it won't bug me anymore that they're missing a canonical armament.

Thank you for any help in advance!

July 10, 2017, 03:56:59 PMReply #1

Offline Snafu3

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Did I break my Venators? Please help.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:56:59 PM »
Are you sure you didn't edit any of the other XML's, the hardpoint files in particular? check the modified date on all the files just to make sure

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!