Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Animated Clone Wars?  (Read 3443 times)

July 09, 2017, 08:23:05 PM

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Animated Clone Wars?
« on: July 09, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »
I'm here to ask which one is better in your opinion the 2003 2D one. Or the 3D one?
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

July 09, 2017, 08:39:43 PMReply #1

Offline lordoflinks

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Clone Wars?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 08:39:43 PM »
The 3D one in every single way. It had more plot, more interesting characters and less over the top jedi antics. It also had far more nods to the EU such as Darth Bane, Tarkin and Dathomir. I've watched the old one and it feels like one long action sequence that never ends...
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

July 09, 2017, 08:46:08 PMReply #2

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 08:46:08 PM »
2d, because no Gungans, a better Grevious, better ARCs, and for not retconning the Mandalorians and ARCs.

July 09, 2017, 09:40:41 PMReply #3

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 09:40:41 PM »
They both have their charm but I prefer the new one. The old one made the Clones out to be little better than Droids while the Jedi were so OP they should have won the war in two seconds. The new series gave humanity to the Clones, showing that they are people too. People who dislike the new series generally haven't seen the entire thing. Sure it had low points (Jar Jar Episodes, Senate episodes, D-Squad Episodes) but the high points in the series (Umbara Episodes, Ryloth Episodes, Maul Episodes) were very good and better than anything put out by the 2003 series. The 2003 series went for spectacle > story (at least until part 2) while the 2008 series gave mostly good stories with some spectacle as well.

July 10, 2017, 12:19:05 AMReply #4

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 12:19:05 AM »
Both have pros and cons.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 10, 2017, 12:30:51 AMReply #5

Offline rednax

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • For the Pentastar Alignment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 12:30:51 AM »
I love them both, but I can see why some people dislike one or the other, they both try to do different things, with the 2d clone wars trying to show the massive scale of the conflict (invasion of coroscant) AND a bunch of minor characters having there own adventure. While the newer one has much more space for character development and story arks, and was made to get people interested in Star Wars again. These two show pretty much singlehandedly got me hooked on star wars when I was younger, and I really wouldn't want to change much about them (except the plot holes and retcons(shudder))

July 10, 2017, 12:34:11 AMReply #6

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 12:34:11 AM »
I grew up on the clone wars animated series. It was one of the greatest moments of my childhood. And I will never forget the memory of sitting in front of the TV with my brother and watching the Adventures of the clone wars.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

July 10, 2017, 03:04:59 AMReply #7

Offline Snafu3

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 03:04:59 AM »
Definitely the 3D Clone Wars. I grew up on it, probably have watched it in its entirety over a dozen times by now. Except for the one or two episodes that center around Jar Jar and the Gungans. Can't stand the pitiful slapstick, feels so out of place..  Also I think I read somewhere that George Lucas put about a million dollars into each episode, so you know they put a lot of heart and effort into them, and it shows. Only thing 2D Clone Wars has on its 3D counterpart is the sheer scale you can bring to the table with lesser animation quality. The battles in that series felt like actual battles. Hundreds of ships, starfighters, thousands of droids/clones, etc.

July 11, 2017, 03:40:39 PMReply #8

Offline Loyal Khondor

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 03:40:39 PM »
2D. I couldn't stand the 3d animation, it just looks off to me. Also the rampant ret-conning prevalent in the 3d series was a huge deal breaker for me, like turning Korriban into Moraband for example.
"The Empire maintains order, and people like you disrupt that order."―Sarkli to Wedge Antilles over Geonosis

July 11, 2017, 04:34:47 PMReply #9

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 04:34:47 PM »
2D. I couldn't stand the 3d animation, it just looks off to me. Also the rampant ret-conning prevalent in the 3d series was a huge deal breaker for me, like turning Korriban into Moraband for example.
the lost missions aren't considered apart of legends do to it coming out after the purchase.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

July 11, 2017, 04:38:57 PMReply #10

Offline Snafu3

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 04:38:57 PM »

Really? I think the 3D animation in Clone Wars was really well done. It looked a bit weird at first but it grew on me. Now the Star Wars Rebels animation style, THAT'S terrible. I'd take the 2D over that anyday. And the matchstick sized lightsabers are something that I can't tolerate at all. There's a reason that design never left concept art. And to the people saying that's how it was in the original trilogy, it really isn't. The animation back then was just so inconsistent that the density would change constantly during those scenes. Sometimes they were thin, and sometimes they were as thick as the lightsabers we've come to know.

July 11, 2017, 04:58:53 PMReply #11

Offline taupin121

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-4
  • Solo Command
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 04:58:53 PM »
Clone Wars cartoon is fairly superior, in 2h (that's the equivalent of about 6 episodes of TCW) they bring us so much and a wonderful bridge between AotC and RotS whereas TCW only claim is probably to have mess up Legends continuity :-\\

TCW episodes are so empty and so childish, a few good ones can't make me change my opinion.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!