Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: The Han solo movie...  (Read 2764 times)

June 24, 2017, 11:13:18 PM

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
The Han solo movie...
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:13:18 PM »
So after listening to hours of News, people expressing concerns, rumors, and people's arguments I going to explain this as best I can to those who are confuse.

So as you know Lord and Miller are two directors who worked together on really well known and popular movies like 21 and 22 jumpstreet, cloudy with a chance of meat balls, and(my personal favorite movie) the Lego Movie. They were originally going to do the flash movie but drop to shoot the Han Solo movie. They announce the movie, the cast, and some information. Shooting started in January and we did not hear really any true bad coming form the movie. Until around now when we hear that Lord and Miller are no longer doing the Han Solo movie.

(I have piece it together to be the best it can be)
So according to various sources Lord and Miller were having clashes with the executive producer and Kennedy herself. The reasons include that the directors wanted some freedom with the movie, but the heads at Lucas films and Disney are very strict on how they want this movie, and Katelin Kennedy and the heads at Disney request at least over 60% of the film be reshot. Now Lord and Miller kept trying to push back at reshots because they were going to be forced change ALOT about the movie, but ultimately they wee fired. Yes, THEY WERE fired because of this. the Replacement is Ron Howard and well known movie director. It has been stated that it will receive major reshoots over the next several months, but will still keep the same release date.

Now my opinion on this is that Lord and Miller should have been more careful. People will want Han Solo a certain way and may not like their interpretation.
However this shows that Disney and Lucasfilm are taking these spinoffs so seriously they will fire the directors 80% done with the movie. We have seen this for Rouge One, and Now the Han Solo movie. This also isn't good for their future movies. why? this will turn off a couple directors who want creative freedom with their movies. I do think Ron Howard is a good replacement choice for the situation they are in, but I still am worried about the affect on the film. Also I don't think Lord and Miller pushing back against Lucasfilms in a sense is a bad thing. In Wonder Woman the No mans land sequence was almost cut because they higher ups did not like it, but the director push back and stood up against them and won. And on a side note: I hope Lord and Miller will go back to the flash movie now that movie is probably going to suck unless they get good directors like Lord and Miller.

So in my personal opinion this might be the first Star Wars movie I pass on seeing. I hope the next spinoff is either a:
1. Darth Maul
2. Darth Vader
3. Boba Fett
4. Battle of Jakku(rise of the First Order)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:17:07 PM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

June 25, 2017, 08:10:21 AMReply #1

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Re: The Han solo movie...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 08:10:21 AM »
jakku personally, i want to see the end of the empire
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

June 25, 2017, 06:20:07 PMReply #2

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 06:20:07 PM »
Why decide to pass on seeing it when we've yet to even get a teaser trailer, to say nothing of reviews of the finished product?

And FFS, it's ROGUE, NOT ROUGE. ;) Rouge is a makeup component.

I'd be very surprised if we end up with Maul, Vader, or Jakku movies.  Maul's story has already largely been told in Clone Wars and Rebels.  Vader's story has largely been told in the other movies as well as Clone Wars, and the Battle of Jakku I understand is already covered in one of the new books.  Boba Fett I could see a movie being made for, but that's because his story post-Clone Wars is still wide open and there's enough open room in his ill-defined character to make an anti-hero out of him.  Vader and Maul are both straight-up villains, and few movies are made with the villain as the main character.

June 25, 2017, 06:42:06 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 06:42:06 PM »
I mean episodes 1-6 is the story of Darth Vader so I doubt we will see a movie about him. I would personally like to see a Clone Commando movie with Temuera Morrison as lead actor, or rather actor for almost every single character.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

June 25, 2017, 11:30:19 PMReply #4

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 11:30:19 PM »
I mean with the jakku it doesn't have to follow the books. it could tell the stories of the last stand of the Empire before It splits into warlord states, the IR, and the first order. We could see heroes of the Empire make their final stand in a battle that lasted several months(yes it did). We don't need gallius rax or rae slaone in it, but rather a simple Imperial officer, tie fighter pilot, Star destroyer captain, or a stormtrooper.
it could very depressing seeing the last hope of the Empires survival die at jakku.

update: reading what I said kind of gives me chills of soldiers just slowly dying and accepting that the Empire is falling, but making sure it goes down fighting.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:32:22 PM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

July 20, 2017, 04:49:57 AMReply #5

Offline The Fist Of Justice

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • I will build an Empire to conquer all Empires.
    • View Profile
    • That EAW Imgur profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 04:49:57 AM »
Jakku, every single time, I want to see how the Empire met it's tragic end.
Commander of the Strike Cruiser Relentless. Soon the leader of a new Empire.

August 10, 2017, 12:36:51 PMReply #6

Offline Shermos

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 12:36:51 PM »
I'm not fussed on a Han Solo movie either. Will read some reviews before I decide to go see it or not.

I reckon a movie about Darth Bane and how the rule of two came about could work. An opening title crawl is all the audience would need to get up to speed with the time period. 

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!