Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: ICW: Empire of the Hand Preview Playthrough  (Read 3290 times)

June 08, 2017, 02:04:07 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
ICW: Empire of the Hand Preview Playthrough
« on: June 08, 2017, 02:04:07 PM »
I've begun my full Empire of the Hand playthrough on my channel, covering several of the new units, graphics and functions in 2.2. Episodes will be posted every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 08, 2017, 07:59:02 PMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: ICW: Empire of the Hand Preview Playthrough
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 07:59:02 PM »
I really like all the new mechanics shown. I also like the new icon rings around ships. I was also wondering about the fighters docking with the retreating ships. Does that mean there is a possibility that a mechanic can be created to allow ships to dock with tenders in order to be repaired?
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

June 08, 2017, 08:52:12 PMReply #2

Offline Pox

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:52:12 PM »
I really like all the new mechanics shown. I also like the new icon rings around ships. I was also wondering about the fighters docking with the retreating ships. Does that mean there is a possibility that a mechanic can be created to allow ships to dock with tenders in order to be repaired?

Theoretically, yes. However, it would be hard or even impossible to get this working properly with the system that we introduced for the single unit retreat. The docking requires a fighter to be despawned, which would lead the ship which originally spawned the fighter to believe the squadron has died. This would result in the ship spawning a reserve squadron. A tender would allow the player to spawn all their squadrons by docking the fighters that have already spawned.
The only way this could work properly is to let the fighters dock to the ships they were spawned from.

June 08, 2017, 09:50:41 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 09:50:41 PM »
Theoretically, yes. However, it would be hard or even impossible to get this working properly with the system that we introduced for the single unit retreat. The docking requires a fighter to be despawned, which would lead the ship which originally spawned the fighter to believe the squadron has died. This would result in the ship spawning a reserve squadron. A tender would allow the player to spawn all their squadrons by docking the fighters that have already spawned.
The only way this could work properly is to let the fighters dock to the ships they were spawned from.
Ah okay that's what I thought. The thought just came to me since I was wondering about through the YVAW and someone asked the same thing. Since it seemed like you had the process half completed (yes I don't know anything about coding I just meant that visually) I thought it could be implemented. 
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!