Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: New member here, question regarding Mandalorian Ships.  (Read 2349 times)

June 05, 2017, 05:55:20 PM

Offline Shadow_Ordo

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
New member here, question regarding Mandalorian Ships.
« on: June 05, 2017, 05:55:20 PM »
Just recently been surfing your forums and the question came to mind, what's the Dev Teams opinion on incorporating Mandalorian styled ships in the mod? I was extremely impressed scrolling through your gallery to see so many impressive ship designs pulled from relatively obscure bits of canon such as the Battle Dragon, a ship i have never once seen implemented into any video game or mod respectively. This gave me the impression the mod team here works on their own models from scratch, which prompted me to register and pose my question.

While the Keldabe Battleship and Crusader are well known and popular since Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, and i know some mods for Sins also have incorporated them in some form (have not seen any such ships here, but could easily have missed that) i have been wondering what chance / interest do the Ascendancy Devs have toward incorporating Mandalorian themed ships or even add a playable mandalorian faction to the roster? Recently I have been playing another Star Wars Sins mod that has a few such mandalorian ships and converted the pirate faction as Mandalorian Raider (which is neat) but there is little option to use such ships due to it not being a playable faction.

The one ship i have always wanted to see in a Space Sim game is the Kandosii-Class Dreadnaught. Just such a cool looking ship in my opinion and for sure my most favorite ship design wise in the Star Wars Universe (Battle Dragon is on my top 5 list btw).

(link to a very neat and high quality artist rendition of the Kandosii Dreadnaught.)

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OPdVk

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and just wanted to say I am looking forward to the release of this mod. I am a avid fan of Sins since ever Trinity came out years ago and it's great to see more quality Star Wars mods coming out for my favorite Space RTS game.

June 05, 2017, 08:56:58 PMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: New member here, question regarding Mandalorian Ships.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 08:56:58 PM »
Just recently been surfing your forums and the question came to mind, what's the Dev Teams opinion on incorporating Mandalorian styled ships in the mod? I was extremely impressed scrolling through your gallery to see so many impressive ship designs pulled from relatively obscure bits of canon such as the Battle Dragon, a ship i have never once seen implemented into any video game or mod respectively. This gave me the impression the mod team here works on their own models from scratch, which prompted me to register and pose my question.

While the Keldabe Battleship and Crusader are well known and popular since Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, and i know some mods for Sins also have incorporated them in some form (have not seen any such ships here, but could easily have missed that) i have been wondering what chance / interest do the Ascendancy Devs have toward incorporating Mandalorian themed ships or even add a playable mandalorian faction to the roster? Recently I have been playing another Star Wars Sins mod that has a few such mandalorian ships and converted the pirate faction as Mandalorian Raider (which is neat) but there is little option to use such ships due to it not being a playable faction.

The one ship i have always wanted to see in a Space Sim game is the Kandosii-Class Dreadnaught. Just such a cool looking ship in my opinion and for sure my most favorite ship design wise in the Star Wars Universe (Battle Dragon is on my top 5 list btw).

(link to a very neat and high quality artist rendition of the Kandosii Dreadnaught.)

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OPdVk

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and just wanted to say I am looking forward to the release of this mod. I am a avid fan of Sins since ever Trinity came out years ago and it's great to see more quality Star Wars mods coming out for my favorite Space RTS game.

Well first welcome to the forums!

I think there isn't any real need for mando ships in the mod. I think those ships were really out of date by that point in Galactic history, plus I think the Mandos only become "active" role after the period this mod takes place. Though there are I think some Mando ships in the demo on Greater Maldrood's side I think... If that one anti fighter frigate is Mando.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 09:01:51 PM by Mr.Puerto »
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

June 06, 2017, 02:29:24 PMReply #2

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 02:29:24 PM »
Well first welcome to the forums!

I think there isn't any real need for mando ships in the mod. I think those ships were really out of date by that point in Galactic history, plus I think the Mandos only become "active" role after the period this mod takes place. Though there are I think some Mando ships in the demo on Greater Maldrood's side I think... If that one anti fighter frigate is Mando.
That is Imperial Civil War. The guy is talking about Ascendancy.

But Puerto is right in everything else
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

June 06, 2017, 08:52:25 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »
That is Imperial Civil War. The guy is talking about Ascendancy.

But Puerto is right in everything else
Yeah I had a gut feeling not to include that bit after editing the post. I must've not been paying any attention and should've been more detailed.

In any case I also love Mando ships, but there's a time and place for those ships.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!