Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: The Hutt Faction and what they can do.  (Read 2049 times)

June 03, 2017, 03:38:36 PM

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
The Hutt Faction and what they can do.
« on: June 03, 2017, 03:38:36 PM »
So I think in my honest opinion that a Hutt Faction should be the next thing introduce in ICW.
why:
1. They have a lot of cool and unique units tied to them.
2. they have at least two or more Gcs they could be in. (say later)
3. they could have a good amount of heroes(not a lot but at least more than the DL)
4. we have Hutt/pirate ships from the base game and we have additional ships base on warfare guides.

So in terms of fighters you have:
V-wings, Cloakshapes, Rihkxyrk Attack ship , Uglies, Skiprays
Now to actual ships(not including all just some I know)
Gozanti, IPV, Cr90s(this is a maybe), Dreadnaughts, Neutron star, interceptor IV.
In terms of capital ships Corey would need to find them I cant.

now ground forces is easily you have
Hutt Mercenary infantry, Hutt Plex Mercs, swap speeders, skyhopper, Pod Walkers, Twilek spys/sharpshooters, Sail Barrage, pirate speeders.

now GCs:
A war on two fronts(dumb name):
playable factions
Greater Maldrood: Centares, Meatalorn, Cloumex, Roche Asteriods,
Zsinj's Empire: Dathomir, Garos IV, Farer Junction, Sereno, Lanina,
Hutts: Nal Hutta, Toydaria,Cyrkon, etc

then the darksaber Gc
no explanation.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

June 04, 2017, 10:01:38 AMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: The Hutt Faction and what they can do.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 10:01:38 AM »
I think this would be a good idea. Expect I would make them into a passive nonplayable faction. Using a pseudo Diplomacy system different factions have to send diplomats and credits to Hutt space in order to allow military access through there system. If you can't get the proper amount of credits or other reasons you have to go through the regions through the good old fashion way.

I rather not see a super-weapon GC since ICW doesn't have them expect for the sovereign and eclipse class SSDs.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

June 04, 2017, 10:34:20 AMReply #2

Offline WarlordOfWildSpace

• Tester
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 10:34:20 AM »
I think they would provide a fairly varied and interesting unit list, on the ground we might see Nikto soldiers, Hutts (Though rarely), skiffs, sail barges, IG droids, mercenaries/bounty hunters, Gamorreans, etc...  There would be a lot of exotic and weak, but usually cheap, units for them.

In space, in addition to ships that you have already listed, they could use any Zann ships as the Consortium, neighboring Hutt space, has broken down in this time frame and their assets have likely been acquired by the Hutts, plus requisitioned ships, like the Crimson Jack style battlecruiser that Jabba refurbished for CJ and then later recovered after Solo defeated the pirate.  Old pirate ships such as Z-95s and Y-Wings, and some of the stuff coming out in Fantasy Flight's line of X-Wing ships could be useful.  Also, I know most of Rebels is off the board, but the merchant TIEs shown in one of their episodes could make for an interesting variant in the service of the Hutts.  And since they feature a lot of ugly, refurbished, vessels, Corey could always give them those Nar-Shadda SDs he thinks are so ugly. ;D

I wouldn't mind if they were playable or not, but, if playable, they should start out fairly weak after everything they have gone through in the past two decades, losing Tatooine and Jabba, battles with the Seperatists, Darth Maul's Shadow Collective and the Zann Consortium, plus fighting Maldrood in ICW's timeframe.  It is a testament to the Hutts power that they have held onto their core territories after everything.

"Nothing worthwhile is ever gained without risk."
-Grand Moff Disra

June 05, 2017, 02:35:48 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 02:35:48 AM »
The Darksaber would be a lot easier to implement than other superweapons considering it blew itself up when they tried to fire it because of how poorly it was constructed.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 05, 2017, 07:04:46 AMReply #4

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 07:04:46 AM »
The Darksaber would be a lot easier to implement than other superweapons considering it blew itself up when they tried to fire it because of how poorly it was constructed.
ability is self destruct :)
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!