Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Alternate outcome of Tsoss Beacon  (Read 2417 times)

June 01, 2017, 09:43:43 PM

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Alternate outcome of Tsoss Beacon
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:43:43 PM »
I'd like to explore an infinities option. Instead of being gassed at Tsoss Beacon, Delvardus is allowed to leave(or makes a lunge for the door and makes it outside before it slams shut)
In this situation we get him enacting his original intent of going there in the first place. Cronus jumps in with the Night Hammer and annihilates Tsoss in seconds before any of the Warlord fleets can get near the station. With his own fleet already holding position at system's edge with the other fleets and the presence of the Night Hammer Delvardus holds the most firepower in the immediate area and all the other Warlords are now dead along with Daala and Pellaeon, in such an event the fleets likely submit to the Superior General as the last leader standing, much as they did for Daala after the gas attack success in the real timeline.

This is where things become interesting as Delvardus is very unlikely to have waited the weeks to months Daala did at Pellaeon's urging, fully consolidating her position and forces. While this has some severe downsides in terms of unit cohesion and unity of the now suddenly unified Warlord Fleets, it does give Delvardus the extremely valuable advantage of complete tactical and operational surprise. Since Kyp and Dorsk 81 don't warn the New Republic the Empire is reunified and about to attack them(since that decision doesn't happen until about a month or so after Tsoss) and Delvardus would very likely not do a wide series of hit and fades or target the Jedi Academy, he would hit Coruscant with everything in his fleet and army- and very likely take the world-though at heavy cost.

Coruscant at this point is still extremely battered from Shadow Hand and the Imperial Mutiny of the previous two years. Likely no battle stations and very decimated infrastructure. In addition the NR has largely ignored the Deep Core Warlords since the final defeat of Palpatine, focusing more on the Mid Rim and Crimson Empire. The thing is how does this play out?
Delvardus commands the Deep Core and now Coruscant with a large fleet and an SSD, possibly the Megador and Dominion once they are found. We also know that most of the galaxy stayed neutral after Shadow Hand rather than rejoin the NR or Warlords until they were sure who would win in the end, so the NR is not as strong or consolidated as they were before the nightmares of Shadow Hand and the Core is traditionally friendly to Imperial forces with few exceptions. Thus we have Delvardus with a mass force in possession of Imperial Center and possible support from Anaxes, Kuat, and Corulag. This puts him in a key position as a possible contender for Imperial Ruler if he plays his cards right...

This is Delvardus peak I think though, as unlike Pellaeon who offered protection and cooperation to the Imperial factions in the mid rim and New territories, Delvardus would demand fealty and threaten them with death should they refuse. The Moffs and Warlords would likely refuse to give up their personal power and war against the Superior General with the NR striking where it could and fomenting more bloodshed among the Imperials. In this scenario many of the rich core worlds, weary of war and seeing no end under Delvardus likely withdraw their support from him, his manpower cannot simply overwhelm his enemies due to the vast territorial demands on him. While he has three star dreadnaughts, his rivals have two(possibly three if the NR still captures Guardian) and due to the scattered nature of their governments, he cannot achieve a master stroke. Finally, improved though he is now as a tactician and strategist he is no match for the likes of Bel Iblis, Ackbar and Wedge Antilles. I see him eventually being forced back from the Core to the Deep Core and left there or assassinated eventually as he slips further into insanity over Seledra Zin.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:46:16 PM by Lord Xizer »
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

June 02, 2017, 06:35:12 AMReply #1

Offline rednax

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • For the Pentastar Alignment!
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate outcome of Tsoss Beacon
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 06:35:12 AM »
Interesting idea, and while I don't see the mod team doing it, how hard would it be to modify the reunification GC to have the Eriadu Authority instead of the Remnent? :D

June 02, 2017, 09:21:45 AMReply #2

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 09:21:45 AM »
Interesting idea, and while I don't see the mod team doing it, how hard would it be to modify the reunification GC to have the Eriadu Authority instead of the Remnent? :D

Actually this IS one of the submods new GCs we are working on.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

June 02, 2017, 10:34:28 AMReply #3

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »
and i heard something that reunification will include the ZC, GM, and EA as playable factions, to change history
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

June 02, 2017, 03:32:26 PMReply #4

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 03:32:26 PM »
so, i couldn't think of a better thread to put this in but here is another alternate scenario of that time

so first, Daala learns that the empire is dead, and she vows revenge. but, she keeps a cool head, packs up the sun crusher, releases her prisoners to report back that the empire is alive to make them nervous, and goes around the galaxy recruit mercenaries and stray imperial warships into an irregular fleet that then moves into the core. for the scenario, let's say she adds a ISD, 5 VSDs, a Venator, 3 Gladiators, 2 Ton-Falk carriers, and 25 smaller support ships. then she moves into the deep core and takes here entire fleet around trying to reunite the warlords, with little success. when she reaches Kalist VI though, a similar scenario happens. Harrsk demands she join, Teradoc Attacks, but Daala orders Kratas and the fleet to only fire Ion cannons, disabling Teradocs fleet before Pellaeon flees with 62 CCVSDs. afterward, she leads all the forces, her's, Harrsk's, and the captured Victories against Teradoc's fortress, with a similar outcome, the alliance with Pellaeon, the forced truce, btu no losses from when she started out from the Maw, but with 1 more destroyer, 7 cruisers, and 30 support ships.

what do you think would happen after? at Tsoss beacon and the campaign
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:39:03 PM by DarthRevansRevenge »
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!