Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Ummm... I need Advice  (Read 10834 times)

June 01, 2017, 10:21:51 PMReply #20

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Ummm... I need Advice
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 10:21:51 PM »
well... What movie?
Wonder Women? What kind?

Ask her friend what movies she prefers to get some insight. Dates are like battles, you need intelligence gathering first to make things smoother in the decisive moment.

However Wonder Woman might well be a great choice, empowerment aspect aside, it's so far been called a good popcorn flick and will give you two some talking points over the food.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

June 02, 2017, 08:14:17 AMReply #21

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 08:14:17 AM »
Or, if you don't want to risk it that her friend tells her in advance, you can always offer her to chose a movie(don't give her all the work though, be there with her) and you can always get a good impression from her choice. if it is a typical friend movie, then you might have been friendzoned, but there is a way out though. If a romantic one then it is either a test if you sleep in it or not, or you're basically blatantly told that you're a winner.
oh, and an advice. If they say maybe later then it is basicly a no and in 90% of the time they just trying to stall until you give up. Give them some time before trying again, but try to prove her that you are good for her in the meantime. But if they say no then press on hard because they might just playing hard to get.
Also whatever happens, don't give up!
You have to show her that you are serious about this and not just playing around her.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

June 02, 2017, 07:26:31 PMReply #22

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 07:26:31 PM »
If a girl says no in any context, then do NOT press harder - that is harassment, possibly stalking.  Respect the no and back off.

June 03, 2017, 01:15:06 PMReply #23

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 01:15:06 PM »
If a girl says no in any context, then do NOT press harder - that is harassment, possibly stalking.  Respect the no and back off.

Jeez, what makes you think that he would have harassed her? He was just asking for advice. And I'm pretty sure he knows his boundaries himself as any reasonable person should.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

June 03, 2017, 05:10:08 PMReply #24

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2017, 05:10:08 PM »
Jeez, what makes you think that he would have harassed her? He was just asking for advice. And I'm pretty sure he knows his boundaries himself as any reasonable person should.

I was less speaking directly to AdmiralThrawn in that post, and more countering what kucsidave said in the post above mine:

But if they say no then press on hard because they might just playing hard to get.

This is terrible advice that should not be followed.

June 03, 2017, 06:59:00 PMReply #25

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2017, 06:59:00 PM »
This is terrible advice that should not be followed.
Really Dave has always given great Advice
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

June 03, 2017, 09:01:35 PMReply #26

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2017, 09:01:35 PM »
Seriously?  If a girl says no - if ANYONE says no regarding damn near anything - take them at their word and respect it.  If they're playing hard to get, you're passing up a chance to get with someone willing to play stupid games with you - is that the kind of partner you want?  If they're sincere, you're risking restraining orders or jail.  You really have no way to tell which, so err on the side of caution and take them at their word.

There's also the basic decency of respecting consent, which doesn't just apply to sex but also to general interactions.  Do you want someone hanging around after you've told them to leave you alone?  Why be the person doing that to someone else?  Don't force yourself on others, even in terms of just being around them.

June 03, 2017, 10:26:24 PMReply #27

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2017, 10:26:24 PM »
Edit: Turns out what I thought was correct, just some confusion in what was said.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:40:17 PM by Mr.Puerto »
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

June 03, 2017, 11:46:56 PMReply #28

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2017, 11:46:56 PM »
Seriously?  If a girl says no - if ANYONE says no regarding damn near anything - take them at their word and respect it.  If they're playing hard to get, you're passing up a chance to get with someone willing to play stupid games with you - is that the kind of partner you want?  If they're sincere, you're risking restraining orders or jail.  You really have no way to tell which, so err on the side of caution and take them at their word.

There's also the basic decency of respecting consent, which doesn't just apply to sex but also to general interactions.  Do you want someone hanging around after you've told them to leave you alone?  Why be the person doing that to someone else?  Don't force yourself on others, even in terms of just being around them.
sorry man...
I did not mean to be a jerk
does Corey have any advice?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:46:18 AM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

June 04, 2017, 02:42:09 AMReply #29

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2017, 02:42:09 AM »
sorry man...
I did not mean to be a jerk
does Corey have any advice?

I didn't mean to make you feel like one - you weren't being one at all.

June 04, 2017, 06:28:03 PMReply #30

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2017, 06:28:03 PM »
duuuude! I didn't told him to go be a creep. I told him that he might need to up his game.
It might be just a Hungarian thing, but my best friend was rejected 3 times by a girl, but he didn't gave up on her and eventually the girl said yes and now they are married for 2 years.
DETERMINATION MAN!
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

June 04, 2017, 07:30:01 PMReply #31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2017, 07:30:01 PM »
duuuude! I didn't told him to go be a creep. I told him that he might need to up his game.
It might be just a Hungarian thing, but my best friend was rejected 3 times by a girl, but he didn't gave up on her and eventually the girl said yes and now they are married for 2 years.
DETERMINATION MAN!
See Pali
Dave was not giving terrible Advice.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

June 04, 2017, 09:30:43 PMReply #32

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2017, 09:30:43 PM »

Then you'll have to forgive my misunderstanding of your saying "If she says no then press on hard".  I hope you can see how that was open to misinterpretation.

June 05, 2017, 06:24:05 AMReply #33

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 06:24:05 AM »
well, it's okay. I just never even imagined that anyone would come up with something like this.

June 05, 2017, 05:03:18 PMReply #34

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 05:03:18 PM »
well, it's okay. I just never even imagined that anyone would come up with something like this.

The problem may well be that I've seen far too many bits of advice from "Pick-Up Artists" who would mean what you said exactly the way I took it: don't back off no matter what, when she says no she really means yes, etc.  And that is indeed truly terrible advice.  There is a safe level of showing persistent interest, and you have my apologies for not being charitable enough to assume that was what you were encouraging, but you can absolutely find guys who will teach other guys to disregard consent.

June 06, 2017, 10:40:35 PMReply #35

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 10:40:35 PM »
hahhahaa
she added me on snap chat.
her friends keep telling me she thinks I am a charming and great guy
yessss *does the thing the collector does in guardians*
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

June 07, 2017, 01:12:29 PMReply #36

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2017, 01:12:29 PM »
continue talking to her and try to stay relevant to her life, and things will go very smoothly.

June 07, 2017, 03:55:15 PMReply #37

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2017, 03:55:15 PM »
As the kids say these days "slide in those DMs."
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

February 19, 2018, 04:51:12 PMReply #38

Offline True Light Guy

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • Discord: True Light Guy #9733
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2018, 04:51:12 PM »
As a man that made it out of the friend zone, just listening to their problems and offering solutions, even if it does not benefit you (like telling her to make it work with her current bf [if applicable], even if he is a douche). a neutral opinion and honest advice is a great foundation of a relationship. (or so my fiance behind me with a weapon tells me).

March 01, 2018, 11:29:15 AMReply #39

Offline dajosh42069

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • Republic of Independent Systems
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2018, 11:29:15 AM »
Obviously I'm a little late to the party on this one... But.. how'd it go?
OP ever post results? Lol
Republic of Independent Systems will rise.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!