Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

New name for lounge

Corellia Market place
0 (0%)
Mos Eisley
0 (0%)
Council of Moffs
0 (0%)
The cantina
2 (15.4%)
no name change
11 (84.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: pettion for the lounge name change  (Read 3376 times)

May 22, 2017, 10:04:45 PM

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
pettion for the lounge name change
« on: May 22, 2017, 10:04:45 PM »
I think personally that the lounge should be change to the cantina to be more funny and star wars
your thoughts?
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

May 22, 2017, 10:34:35 PMReply #1

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Re: pettion for the lounge name change
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 10:34:35 PM »
the lounge

the council of Moffs would be like an area for the top posters(those with Moff Rank to be in), while Mos Eisley and cantina are the same, no hive of scum and villainy. as for others, maybe Corellia Market place(i don't know)
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 22, 2017, 11:13:20 PMReply #2

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:13:20 PM »
I like the cantina too.

May 23, 2017, 12:27:26 AMReply #3

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 12:27:26 AM »
Since I don't drink, cantina doesn't really work for me, so I had to vote for keeping the name. But I like the idea and respect your sentiment, and maybe one day I'll support it, but not today. And DarthRevansRevenge is spot on on the Council of Moffs, it wouldn't make sense to have everyone there. There's already the Admirals' Lounge for people of that rank, and not much stuff gets posted there anyway, so, yeah. I haven't been creative lately, so I can't think of any other suggestions ATM. The Lounge works for me so far, though.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

May 23, 2017, 07:28:02 AMReply #4

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 07:28:02 AM »
pole reset for another addition
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

May 23, 2017, 10:42:35 AMReply #5

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 10:42:35 AM »
i didn't think that would even be an option....
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 23, 2017, 01:51:30 PMReply #6

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
I've always been quite pleased that we've never sunk to the level of having the frankly overused "Cantina" title for our OT subforum. :D
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

May 23, 2017, 02:04:20 PMReply #7

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 02:04:20 PM »
It's partially because "The Cantina" gives the impression that it's for Star Wars discussion, when that's it's own thing. I have to click the "Move Topic" button enough as it is.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 23, 2017, 04:08:12 PMReply #8

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »
It's partially because "The Cantina" gives the impression that it's for Star Wars discussion, when that's it's own thing. I have to click the "Move Topic" button enough as it is.

Praised be our lord, his majesty the Emperor. It's true, cantina can be a little misguiding.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

May 24, 2017, 02:26:21 AMReply #9

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 02:26:21 AM »
Lounge sounds fancy so gotta go with that.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 25, 2017, 07:55:38 AMReply #10

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 07:55:38 AM »
wow
8 to no name change - 1 to cantina which was possibly you, Thrawn.
I think it is a bit pointless at this rate...
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 26, 2017, 05:46:19 PMReply #11

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 05:46:19 PM »
yup.. my thoughts exactly

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!