Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: How to fix this faction color to a better color more eye friendly  (Read 3483 times)

May 21, 2017, 04:20:21 AM

Offline Max Pen

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
also why doesn't it show on the pop up for units who they are weak  and strong against?

can the mod only support 3 playable factions and 1 pirate faction at one time?

which file and line do I need to edit? Also what happens if your faction leader gets killed, its gone forever? any major hero does not return?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 04:26:18 AM by Max Pen »

May 21, 2017, 05:29:13 AMReply #1

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
First off, try making the game brighter instead. It is impossible to see anything in this.
Go to the options and try pulling up the brightness.

If you want to change it either way, you can go into the factions.xml or the expansionfactions.xml(the later I'm not sure of, I am at work ATM) and there is a line there refering to coloring.
also why doesn't it show on the pop up for units who they are weak  and strong against?

From one side, there are so many units in the mod at the moment that it wouldn't really be accurate anymore. From the other side it does not really work out like that anymore. You can find many help and guides here in the forums if you need them.

can the mod only support 3 playable factions and 1 pirate faction at one time?
In the 2.1, it already has 4 fully playable faction(Imperial Remnant, New Republic, Empire of the Hand and Pentastar Alignment) and 1 that is only playable in 1 GC(Duskhan League) and 2 more minor factions(Hapes Consortium and the Warlords).
With 2.2 this is going to increase to 8 fully playable factions(Imperial Remnant, New Republic, Empire of the Hand, Pentastar Alignment, Warlord Zsinj, Greater Maldrood, Eriadu Authority and an expanded Duskhan League) and several smaller unplayaqble ones.
Keep in mind that some factions are unplayable in certain GCs. From the list of playable factions in a GC look at the GC's description.
Also what happens if your faction leader gets killed, its gone forever? any major hero does not return?
Yes. Every hero you loose is lost for good. There are a very few exceptions who can return in a later era.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:32:49 AM by kucsidave »
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 21, 2017, 09:03:17 AMReply #2

Offline PhoenixC279

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
To change a factions color, go into Factions.xml or Expansion_Factions.xml and change the following lines;

<Color> 239, 139, 9, 255 </Color>
      <Display_Font_Color> 239, 139, 9, 255 </Display_Font_Color>
      <No_Colorization_Color> 239, 139, 9, 255 </No_Colorization_Color>
      <Big_Fleet_Color> 239, 139, 9, 255 </Big_Fleet_Color>

GrimDark Indeed

May 21, 2017, 09:21:29 AMReply #3

Offline Max Pen

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
First off, try making the game brighter instead. It is impossible to see anything in this.
Go to the options and try pulling up the brightness.

If you want to change it either way, you can go into the factions.xml or the expansionfactions.xml(the later I'm not sure of, I am at work ATM) and there is a line there refering to coloring.
From one side, there are so many units in the mod at the moment that it wouldn't really be accurate anymore. From the other side it does not really work out like that anymore. You can find many help and guides here in the forums if you need them.
In the 2.1, it already has 4 fully playable faction(Imperial Remnant, New Republic, Empire of the Hand and Pentastar Alignment) and 1 that is only playable in 1 GC(Duskhan League) and 2 more minor factions(Hapes Consortium and the Warlords).
With 2.2 this is going to increase to 8 fully playable factions(Imperial Remnant, New Republic, Empire of the Hand, Pentastar Alignment, Warlord Zsinj, Greater Maldrood, Eriadu Authority and an expanded Duskhan League) and several smaller unplayaqble ones.
Keep in mind that some factions are unplayable in certain GCs. From the list of playable factions in a GC look at the GC's description.Yes. Every hero you loose is lost for good. There are a very few exceptions who can return in a later era.

Well I mean that in the map there is a max of 3 factions at one time playing with sometiems pirates?

To change a factions color, go into Factions.xml or Expansion_Factions.xml and change the following lines;

<Color> 239, 139, 9, 255 </Color>
      <Display_Font_Color> 239, 139, 9, 255 </Display_Font_Color>
      <No_Colorization_Color> 239, 139, 9, 255 </No_Colorization_Color>
      <Big_Fleet_Color> 239, 139, 9, 255 </Big_Fleet_Color>

Say I want to change that faction, which one is it and what color would be better?

May 21, 2017, 10:56:28 AMReply #4

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
Say I want to change that faction, which one is it and what color would be better?

Based on your provided screenshot, you'll be looking for the Pentastar Alignment, coded as Pentastar. As for the color you want to change them to, that's up to you.

May 21, 2017, 11:52:16 AMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Well I mean that in the map there is a max of 3 factions at one time playing with sometiems pirates?

There are plenty of maps in 2.1 already (the version you're playing) with more factions than that, so no. If you look at the descriptions of the GCs, it tells you exactly how many factions are in that GC, and which are playable

As Bucman said, that's coded as Pentastar. Judging by your screenshot though, I don't think your problem is the faction colour, considering it's supposed to look like this in 2.1:

I'm pretty sure your problem is your gamma settings, which makes everything incredibly dark. If you go into video options, you'll see these sliders. It's the bottom one.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/764895782540547076/C4BE2E3C7AF747DFAC1B90F4596C5274C258921D/
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 21, 2017, 03:32:50 PMReply #6

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
what GC did you take that pic in corey? or is that the old Fractured empire with new units/heroes added?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 21, 2017, 03:39:05 PMReply #7

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Pretty sure that was the old 2.1 Stars Align, but early 2.2 changes (Sariss, Entralla added). we'd posted it a while ago when Entralla was added for some reason.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 22, 2017, 01:27:21 PMReply #8

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
If you're talking about space battles, there will only ever be two factions present, although in our mod there is a chance for a "raid fleet" in some battles (but these units aren't drawn from any faction on the galactic map so I wouldn't classify them as a faction).
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

May 23, 2017, 09:47:34 AMReply #9

Offline PhoenixC279

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
I'm Pretty sure i posted the NR coolor coding, but yeah

GrimDark Indeed

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!