Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Is it possible to move a ship from one faction to another?  (Read 1667 times)

May 20, 2017, 07:38:33 AM

Offline Commander Jao

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Greetings all
First post on here, so not totally sure if this is the right place to ask this question...

I'm looking to try and add the Bellator class Dreadnaught (Titan) to the Imperial remnant capital ship roster. I've copied and edited what I think are the relevant .ENTITY files; Bellator ship, Bellator Research unlock, and PlayerRemnant which I have attached to this post. However after changing all this I get a run time error trying to launch the game (also attached) afterwards so obviously it hasn't worked.
Is it because I'm attempting to move the ship between classes or is it something else entirely? Is this something that simply shouldn't be done?
Does anyone have experience in this sort of modding of the mod?

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated
Thank for reading

May 20, 2017, 11:51:31 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to move a ship from one faction to another?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 11:51:31 AM »
The first thing is that you need to add the RemnantResearch_Bellator file to the entity.manifest file in the main mod folder. The second is that your increment count for Research entities in the Remnant is 95 when there's actually 96 in the list, which will always cause a runtime error. The last thing, which may not necessarily cause an error (it might, not sure) is that all of the abilities you gave it will have the Titan level source type, so they won't work.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!