Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Sleep  (Read 3765 times)

May 17, 2017, 08:27:32 PM

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • "Rule through Fear of Aggression"
    • View Profile
Sleep
« on: May 17, 2017, 08:27:32 PM »
So I was wondering how much sleep people usually get during the night as I have a very irregular sleep pattern compared to the rest of society's, I usually tend to go to bed at 3-4 in the morning and get up at 7:00 A.M. I do this because a.) It's quiet in my house at night and it's the only time I can relax. b.) I hate sleeping as it's a waste of valuable time because I don't dream or anything while I sleep so I get only what is necessary to keep my body functioning normally. c.) Because I have too much school work to sleep very much. Don't worry I catch up on sleep during the weekends but getting around 7-10 hours Friday and Saturday nights
"History is on the move, and those who cannot keep up, will be left behind"
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 17, 2017, 09:16:34 PMReply #1

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 09:16:34 PM »
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-can-you-catch-up-on-sleep/

In short, it's best to get at least 6 hours of sleep a day, though the recommended amount is 8 - for some people, it's ten.  Catching up on lost sleep isn't something you can actually do simply in a couple of marathon sleep sessions per week, but instead you need to catch up over time by adding an hour or so a night for a while.  Chances are your described sleep cycle is leaving you still decently sleep deprived, which isn't good for you over the long term.  Don't just trust the feeling of being rested: "A 2003 study in the journal Sleep found that the more tired we get, the less tired we feel."

May 17, 2017, 09:23:10 PMReply #2

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:23:10 PM »
I know it's not good for me but if I don't stay up my grades will start to slide and I can't have that, I don't feel rested but it's not like I'm dragging myself all over feeling myself fall asleep. People usually tell me I need more sleep and I agree with them but school will not let me rest until it is done.
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 17, 2017, 09:32:33 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:32:33 PM »
I know it's not good for me but if I don't stay up my grades will start to slide and I can't have that, I don't feel rested but it's not like I'm dragging myself all over feeling myself fall asleep. People usually tell me I need more sleep and I agree with them but school will not let me rest until it is done.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/time-management there you go. You can probably find a way to manage your time so you can do your homework and then be able to get a proper night of sleep. Trust me, not getting sleep is the same as not doing your work, your grades will fall either way.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 17, 2017, 09:35:39 PMReply #4

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 09:35:39 PM »
Okay thanks, I'll try this out. I've been wanting to have some nights off for a long time now so this helps a lot!
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 17, 2017, 09:45:02 PMReply #5

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:45:02 PM »
I try to sleep but I keep having dreams about this that wake me up:
Freddy
Rick and Morty
Blackwater(the PMC)
fighting N. Korea
Jesus Riding a raptor with twin AK47s
my girlfriend(don't even ask)
Donald Trump
South Park
Nightmares on Final destination movies
Bashar Allisad
Modern Warfare
Black ops
Chaos
guns
explosives
superheroes
supervillains
Thrawn

I also have nightmares about abuse by students and teachers I have endure.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

May 17, 2017, 09:55:54 PMReply #6

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 09:55:54 PM »
I don't dream, my mind is weird and I have never really experienced dreams. But I sometimes wake up with the feeling that I'm falling
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 18, 2017, 08:20:50 AMReply #7

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 08:20:50 AM »
you do dream, you just don't remember them when you wake up. Everyone dreams. always.
That is a basic function of your brain to process the day's information burst. You actually have 5-7 dreams in one night. with short periods between them.
The fact that you don't remember it can either mean that you sleep really deep and your brain separates it from your consciousness completely, or you wake up in the periods between them.
Have a nice dream ;)
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 18, 2017, 09:25:21 AMReply #8

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 09:25:21 AM »
is it bad that everytime i see this topic, i get a Veggietales stuck in my head?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 18, 2017, 11:07:08 AMReply #9

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 11:07:08 AM »
Ummm, if I knew what a veggietales was, I might have a better answer.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 18, 2017, 11:39:25 AMReply #10

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 11:39:25 AM »
Kids show, been around in the USA for years, all the characters are talking vegetables? does that not ring any bells?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 18, 2017, 11:48:38 AMReply #11

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 11:48:38 AM »
No, but then I was never a fan of kids shows even when I was a kid, with a few exceptions.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 18, 2017, 07:29:42 PMReply #12

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 07:29:42 PM »
I mean I've had dreams but I only remember them every couple of years or so, but during the day I always get this feeling of Deja Vu, which I know is because the brain feels like it's something familiar so it processes it as something that has already happened instead of an event that has never happened before.
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!