Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Duskhan League  (Read 5886 times)

May 14, 2017, 01:24:18 PM

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Duskhan League
« on: May 14, 2017, 01:24:18 PM »
Sold! ;D
And I am feeling so relieved that people are waiting for the DL.
It wasn't easy to find Yevethans that were able to become heroes. You wold be surprised how few stuff can come out of 3 books...
I also felt kinda down with the fact that they introduced a whole new ship type.
Armadia-class thrustship. It kinda indicates it to be something new.
Well, not in 2.2 but I hope that if there will ever be a future release I can manage to get some artists on my side (as well as Corey), and we could make some custom thrustships.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 14, 2017, 04:21:05 PMReply #1

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Duskhan League
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »
Sold! ;D
It wasn't easy to find Yevethans that were able to become heroes. You wold be surprised how few stuff can come out of 3 books...
I also felt kinda down with the fact that they introduced a whole new ship type.
Well, not in 2.2 but I hope that if there will ever be a future release I can manage to get some artists on my side (as well as Corey), and we could make some custom thrustships.

This is a good thing I think
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 14, 2017, 05:02:27 PMReply #2

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 05:02:27 PM »

This is a good thing I think

a very good thing :):):):):)

and go ahead with creativity. if you can for Hapes/EoTH, then let's do it for the DL so they have more than just the Black sword group, and can have their own non-imperial reliant military
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 14, 2017, 05:32:55 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 05:32:55 PM »
It's the circle...the circle of life...

I can't believe I missed such a good comment haha, I actually laughed out loud.

Anyway after playing Dave's DL minimod for a bit, (on Dave's recommendation) I thought the DL was a pretty cool faction. So it will be cool to see them expanded upon
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 14, 2017, 06:53:54 PMReply #4

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »
again, agreed
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 14, 2017, 08:53:43 PMReply #5

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 08:53:43 PM »
I would love to see them fleshed out a bit more

May 14, 2017, 09:06:45 PMReply #6

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 09:06:45 PM »
Sold! ;D
Dave you should petition 2.3 the rise of Duskan league I think that's the last thing we need to make ICW complete.

a very good thing :):):):):)

and go ahead with creativity. if you can for Hapes/EoTH, then let's do it for the DL so they have more than just the Black sword group, and can have their own non-imperial reliant military
He is right they are very tech savy so I wouldn't also be surprise if the combined Imperial, and their own tech like the Eoth.

Corey Dave is right listen to Dave.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

May 14, 2017, 09:52:45 PMReply #7

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 09:52:45 PM »
lol
Dave you should petition 2.3 the rise of Duskan league I think that's the last thing we need to make ICW complete.
He is right they are very tech savy so I wouldn't also be surprise if the combined Imperial, and their own tech like the Eoth.
Yes, i agree with this. though it would be along with the EoTH rework, so maybe Hand and League restored(gosh, that sounds terrible)
Corey Dave is right listen to Dave.

lolololololololol

May 15, 2017, 05:29:37 AMReply #8

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 05:29:37 AM »
Actually, if you played the submod you can get a clean picture of where the DL is heading.
You will see some very familiar names on the rooster, but the end result will be a little more explosive. LITERALLY!
A (very) few of their space units got the self destruct ability :D Because Yevetha tended to go kamikaze.
Xizer and I long had this dream of making a yevetha a feared opponent, despite the small size of the territory they posess.
Now it will be a terrifying sight when a thrustship comes at you with power to engines while it gets redder and redder, meaning it will self destruct soon :D
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 15, 2017, 08:25:27 AMReply #9

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 08:25:27 AM »
Actually, if you played the submod you can get a clean picture of where the DL is heading.
You will see some very familiar names on the rooster, but the end result will be a little more explosive. LITERALLY!
A (very) few of their space units got the self destruct ability :D Because Yevetha tended to go kamikaze.
Xizer and I long had this dream of making a yevetha a feared opponent, despite the small size of the territory they posess.
Now it will be a terrifying sight when a thrustship comes at you with power to engines while it gets redder and redder, meaning it will self destruct soon :D

Tenno Heiko Banzai indeed. It is good to see the DL getting the viciousness they deserve.(Also I am contracting my artist friend for 3 Yevetha portraits.

May 15, 2017, 10:27:02 AMReply #10

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 10:27:02 AM »
This will be fantastic. Can't wait to see what happens.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 15, 2017, 10:43:55 AMReply #11

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 10:43:55 AM »
yeah. that would be great

May 15, 2017, 02:56:42 PMReply #12

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
This will be fantastic. Can't wait to see what happens.

Well explosions...lots of explosions will happen.

May 15, 2017, 09:49:36 PMReply #13

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »
I want them to be treated like the Eoth when it comes to units
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

May 15, 2017, 10:03:01 PMReply #14

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 10:03:01 PM »
I've considered trying to make one or two extra types of Thrustship for them, but I don't think they would have had much more than that before the Black Fleet Crisis. Their larger ships at that point would all have been Imperial types, with the smaller Aramadias supplementing it, since they had really only recently started outfitting their own ships. Post-17ABY, leading up to their destruction, I find it far more likely that they would have expanded the Thrustship designation a lot more since they were up to 10,000+ Thrustships by their extinction. The problem there is that they likely hadn't developed much of that by the time the mod ends.

With the Empire of the Hand, we know they had a lot of resources and territory to work with. With the Hapans, we know they had a long history and plenty of ships as well. With the Yevethans, they were effectively in their infancy, and were working primarily with what they got out of the Imperial stuff left behind, and that they would only have started developing it after a certain point, so really us fleshing them out in that way is a lot more theoretical what-if stuff as opposed to trying to represent a situation that was already happening like with potential EotH, Hapan, Ssi-Ruuvi stuff, which I'm not necessarily opposed to, but it's a lot more effort for stuff that would be present in a lot fewer places (really just later eras in the progressive GCs).

Which again, not directly opposed to; similar to how in ICW we wanna do a lot of the emergent faction/splintering events representing how a lot of the galaxy was starting to form based on the collapse and re-emergence of pre-Imperial groups (CSA with Zsinj, Hapans entering the galactic stage, EotH coming into their own, the Warlords splitting off from the Empire, etc), one of the ways we'd like to work some factions into FotR is re-militarization in a period where there were a lot of groups starting to get galactic ambitions, and the DL certainly fit that category in this period, albeit not with the same level of content to work off of as some of the FotR ones, but it's still a question of resources. We can only do so much, and designing stuff is a lot harder. Hell, I'm still trying to find time to re-do the existing Aramadia texture so we can use it in Sins.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:14:55 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 15, 2017, 10:06:30 PMReply #15

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 10:06:30 PM »
i love this idea

May 16, 2017, 10:27:49 AMReply #16

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »
Ooh Yevetha in Sins too...

May 16, 2017, 11:06:59 AMReply #17

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 11:06:59 AM »
I've considered trying to make one or two extra types of Thrustship for them, but I don't think they would have had much more than that before the Black Fleet Crisis. Their larger ships at that point would all have been Imperial types, with the smaller Aramadias supplementing it, since they had really only recently started outfitting their own ships. Post-17ABY, leading up to their destruction, I find it far more likely that they would have expanded the Thrustship designation a lot more since they were up to 10,000+ Thrustships by their extinction. The problem there is that they likely hadn't developed much of that by the time the mod ends.

With the Empire of the Hand, we know they had a lot of resources and territory to work with. With the Hapans, we know they had a long history and plenty of ships as well. With the Yevethans, they were effectively in their infancy, and were working primarily with what they got out of the Imperial stuff left behind, and that they would only have started developing it after a certain point, so really us fleshing them out in that way is a lot more theoretical what-if stuff as opposed to trying to represent a situation that was already happening like with potential EotH, Hapan, Ssi-Ruuvi stuff, which I'm not necessarily opposed to, but it's a lot more effort for stuff that would be present in a lot fewer places (really just later eras in the progressive GCs).

Which again, not directly opposed to; similar to how in ICW we wanna do a lot of the emergent faction/splintering events representing how a lot of the galaxy was starting to form based on the collapse and re-emergence of pre-Imperial groups (CSA with Zsinj, Hapans entering the galactic stage, EotH coming into their own, the Warlords splitting off from the Empire, etc), one of the ways we'd like to work some factions into FotR is re-militarization in a period where there were a lot of groups starting to get galactic ambitions, and the DL certainly fit that category in this period, albeit not with the same level of content to work off of as some of the FotR ones, but it's still a question of resources. We can only do so much, and designing stuff is a lot harder. Hell, I'm still trying to find time to re-do the existing Aramadia texture so we can use it in Sins.

as for your point by timeline ends before diversity, if that were true, we wouldn't have the Viscount then either. having slightly later stuff for diversity(especially with DL) is better in my opinion then strict this is where it ends so everything else is can't be in. What if final imperial/republic push(by the end of 19 ABY) had lasted longer? this stuff would still be fun to include, so why don't do it?

May 16, 2017, 12:34:53 PMReply #18

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »
Ooh Yevetha in Sins too...

They'll be a non-player faction or an event (I'd imagine they'd replace the Ssi-Ruuvi if/when they get made into a full faction). But that would indeed be very cool.

as for your point by timeline ends before diversity, if that were true, we wouldn't have the Viscount then either. having slightly later stuff for diversity(especially with DL) is better in my opinion then strict this is where it ends so everything else is can't be in. What if final imperial/republic push(by the end of 19 ABY) had lasted longer? this stuff would still be fun to include, so why don't do it?

Time. There are currently more important things to focus on, like shoring up the EotH, creating new Hapan units (both of which benefit ICW and ASC), making FotR, and spreading the joy and love that is Ssi-Ruuvi. That's not saying they'll never get around to it, just that it'll be a while if they do.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 16, 2017, 02:13:11 PMReply #19

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 02:13:11 PM »
i wasn't counting that. i meant as an eventual project

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!