Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Fighter Resupply  (Read 2213 times)

May 15, 2017, 10:48:11 AM

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Fighter Resupply
« on: May 15, 2017, 10:48:11 AM »
so, after seeing that the YVaW team managed this, i had to ask... could you guys implement this? it would add realism, and a reason to keep Carrier ors supply vessels alive, as they are the ones to rearm and repair fighters

random suggestion.
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 15, 2017, 01:20:11 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Fighter Resupply
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »
I'm not sure what you specifically mean by re-arm and repair fighters here. Do you just mean repairing fighters already in the battle, or providing more fighters to ships that have run out, ala Ascendancy?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 15, 2017, 02:55:58 PMReply #2

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 02:55:58 PM »
i don't fully understand how it works, but i'm pretty sure Kad Venku, Burntstrobe, and the others found a way that instead of the Ordance carried being what it fires, it is all the ammo it carries(aside from lasers), and that they have to go back to near-by carriers to rearm, and also if damaged can be repaired. likely you would have to ask Burntstrobe about it to fully understand how it works
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 15, 2017, 03:46:33 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »
I don't mean how it works, I'm just asking what exactly it does that you're suggesting. So limited load of projectiles and then they have to go back and re-arm?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 15, 2017, 03:51:30 PMReply #4

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »
YES! Exactly like that. fighters can only carry a certain amount of ordance, as it doesn't make sense for fighters to have a unlimited number of proton torpedoes or missiles or whatever. having it be large enough to do several attack runs but not enough for infinite amounts would be more balanced, and give you another reason to keep carriers protected

May 15, 2017, 06:37:42 PMReply #5

Offline Kad_Venku

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 06:37:42 PM »
Not quite.
We have a resupply mechanic for a special ability (Bombing Run), not normal ordinance. But we're not even sure we want to keep that because whilst being a nice concept it's mostly just tedious.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:54:36 PM by Kad_Venku »

May 15, 2017, 11:02:19 PMReply #6

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 11:02:19 PM »
darn. and i thought i had a nice idea

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!