Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Stellaris and Thrawn's Revenge  (Read 10590 times)

May 19, 2017, 01:58:14 PMReply #20

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris and Thrawn's Revenge
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 01:58:14 PM »
actually, when i said this, i was think strictly GCW/ICW time period. so factions being the Imperial remnant, New republic, various warlords(maybe), Hapes, Yevetha, Ssi-Ruuk, Chiss, EoTH, Kuat, Rendili, Bothawui, and the like. the galaxy would all be star wars planets/stars, and it would be star wars technology, units, lasers, sounds, missions, crisis, so on and so forth. my point was there was content we could do, and remake the game with pretty much just stuff from star wars ABY 4-25.

as for the other part, i was more think how there are two different "teams" in TR: the group who works on Ascendancy, the group who works on EaW, and a few(including you, corey), who work on both. i was think expanding that concept to adding in a number of people who could start working on stellaris to give even more respect to that period.

that said, i see your points on not knowing the game well enough to do a total conversion mod like i/we suggested, and your point that you try to do full releases everytime. all this was was an IDEA for a project some of the rest of us could help expand the under represented Imperial civil war period, and the Stellaris community
What you don't really know is that the "two teams" are basicly one. Yes, I don't work on ascendancy for example, but I was a tester before I joined the "ICW team" and have at least a basic understanding of modding sins, so I can get ideas going there too. And everyone else is basicly the same. We have at least some idea on what the other game has, and although it is not as detailed as the one we are doing, but we can contribute to the other team as well, and we are actually have one room for ourselves in discord and the two teams are not separated one bit. We are one big happy family if you wish
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 19, 2017, 03:54:39 PMReply #21

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 03:54:39 PM »
as for the other part, i was more think how there are two different "teams" in TR: the group who works on Ascendancy, the group who works on EaW, and a few(including you, corey), who work on both. i was think expanding that concept to adding in a number of people who could start working on stellaris to give even more respect to that period.

As Dave says, that's not really how the team is structured. It sorta looks like this

Bane
OzWolf

Endcar
Slevered
Robin
Corey
Dr Knickers
Davis

Slornie
Pox
Kucsidave

Blue works on just Ascendancy, green's work is applicable to both, yellow on just ICW/FotR. The overlap is pretty big. Before Bane joined when STAIII:TFF released, I was doing all of the coding for Ascendancy, plus ~50% of the coding for ICW. To start a Stellaris mod, for people to want to join you have to be able to show that you've made progress, otherwise they feel like they're joining on to do everything themselves. There would be a long period where I'd be doing all of the coding and rigging on my own before anyone at all joined, and we can't be sure anyone would. Making plans based on future expectations of team members doesn't always go over well.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 19, 2017, 10:03:09 PMReply #22

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 10:03:09 PM »
i stand corrected then, and i understand. however, someday(eventually) i want to see Thrawn's revenge Era mods for Stellaris and Homeworld, since warlords is most likely just to remain rebellion era
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 19, 2017, 10:24:25 PMReply #23

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 10:24:25 PM »
Corey, thank you for your long and detailed reply, now I think that I have a more or less complete understanding on how things are, and the only thing I want to do now is to wish you all the luck in the world, with every project you are doing at the moment, or are planning for the future, and also I cincerely hope that everything else in your life, and the lives of people dear to you works out for the best, you are a wonderful person and I am proud to be knowing you even to such extent, by talking to you occasionally here. I really wish that there are many and many years of happiness ahead in your life. You deserve it, and not because of modding, or anything else that you do, but because you have a heart of gold, and are truly someone to aspire to. And I mean it.

P.S.: I don't know you that well, but I'm certain that what I said about you is true, my intuition about people is usually correct, so I trust my gut feeling.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

June 14, 2017, 09:59:38 PMReply #24

Offline renx215

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 09:59:38 PM »
eh, Stellaris. I have downloaded Star wars mods off workshop. but they never seem to be able to keep up with patches.

I love Paradox Games in general, CK2, EU4, Ive played HOI4 and just bought stellaris and it is numbers heavy.

July 30, 2017, 06:04:19 PMReply #25

Offline Darth Red

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 06:04:19 PM »
eh, Stellaris. I have downloaded Star wars mods off workshop. but they never seem to be able to keep up with patches.

I love Paradox Games in general, CK2, EU4, Ive played HOI4 and just bought stellaris and it is numbers heavy.

You should maybe try A Galaxy Divided, it works with the current 1.7 beta, so do the SW ship packs and ship weapons. Cheers.

One can but hope for a TR modding of Stellaris, however I believe that Corey and team have already a full plate with the existing work :)

July 30, 2017, 09:45:12 PMReply #26

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 09:45:12 PM »
that is certainly true. people like them to continue with their current projects more than start new ones
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

September 26, 2017, 02:42:26 AMReply #27

Offline Darth Red

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2017, 02:42:26 AM »
Having said that, with both Stellaris SW mods stopped possibly for good (one since Dec-16 and AGD since last May) some may turn their expectant eyes to the team in search of saviours  ;D

February 16, 2018, 11:01:12 PMReply #28

Offline Hairybum74

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 11:01:12 PM »
I would love to see another star wars mod for stellaris. and if the mod had enough work put into it as TR did, it would be the best mod out there.

March 23, 2018, 02:02:41 PMReply #29

Offline btemple1230

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »
There is a team developing a new star wars mod for stellaris.  I think it's the same team that did the stellaris star trek mod. 

March 28, 2018, 02:29:38 PMReply #30

Offline Shermos

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2018, 02:29:38 PM »
The team who made Star Trek Armada 3 tried to make an ST Stellaris mod but found the developers kept pushing patches which radically change the game too often for a smaller team like theirs to handle, even with Paradox's modder friendly policy. They decided to give up and went back to Sins to start work on another mod separate from STAIII. I remember one of them said on ModDB they might consider trying again when Stellaris stops getting major updates. This seems like it will be years away, but perhaps then it would be more practical to consider making a TR mod for it.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!