Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Will the Night Hammer have the ability to cloak as well as being a stealth unit?  (Read 3791 times)

May 10, 2017, 07:45:13 PM

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I Made The Death Star!!! Also Tarkin Sucks
    • View Profile
After playing a sub mod for Thrawn's Revenge, it showed me the Night Night hammer as a stealth unit and being able to stealth in battle. I loved seeing it and hope it gets added to Thrawns Revenge. Do you it should? Please comment your thoughts.
The power that we are dealing with here; is immeasurable

May 10, 2017, 08:09:52 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Night Hammer did not have a cloaking device, so we won't be doing that.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 10, 2017, 08:11:15 PMReply #2

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
will it be a stealth unit?

May 10, 2017, 09:30:58 PMReply #3

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
What exactly does the term "stealth unit" mean?

May 10, 2017, 10:27:31 PMReply #4

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
In the game, all the stealth units I can remember were able to cloak.  So by that definitition, no it won't be stealth.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 10, 2017, 10:30:16 PMReply #5

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
by stealth unit I mean you can head to a planet without triggering a battle.

May 10, 2017, 10:33:11 PMReply #6

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
In the game, all the stealth units I can remember were able to cloak.  So by that definitition, no it won't be stealth.
Han Solo, Boba Fett, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Siliri, IG88, Bossk.

May 10, 2017, 11:12:29 PMReply #7

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
in short, i'm pretty sure Night Hammer will do neither
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 11, 2017, 12:38:11 AMReply #8

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
by stealth unit I mean you can head to a planet without triggering a battle.

The sub mod has something planned that will reflect it's stealth armor, it won't cloak but you won't see it on radar or in incoming stack since the armor makes it harder to detect, but doesn't fully 'cloak' it.

There are a few other buffs she will get in the sub mod to reflect her one of a kind design. Three hangars, simultaneous launch capabilities and improved defense for starters along with some minor tweaks to weaponry. Considering putting the missile jamming on her to further reflect the effect on sensors, but that likely won't make it into final draft.

Her build time and cost are going to skyrocket though for this, she nearly bankrupted Delvardus and took years to complete.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 11, 2017, 05:47:58 PMReply #9

Offline Avarice1987

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Delvardus has build 3 Superstardestroyers. One with the Special Cloak Armour ( Nighthammer) and 2 Normal Superstardestroyers. Dominion and Megador?

May 11, 2017, 06:32:25 PMReply #10

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
That seems unlikely, given that Megador and Dominion were with Harrsk in Zero Command, not the Eriadu Authority. Delardus can make generic executors, but the only specific SSD for him is the (K)Night Hammer.

May 11, 2017, 06:53:39 PMReply #11

• Admiral
    • View Profile
looking forward to this Night Hammer.

question: Xizer, could you make just Night Hammer's weapons do like ten percent+ more damage to represent advanced tech?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 11, 2017, 07:13:07 PMReply #12

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
I'm unsure that advance tech would be represented by damage alone. I would try to represent it with more fighters, stronger shields, and stonger turbolasers, but keep it fairly moderate. less than 5% dmg for turbolasers.

May 11, 2017, 08:20:31 PMReply #13

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
looking forward to this Night Hammer.

question: Xizer, could you make just Night Hammer's weapons do like ten percent+ more damage to represent advanced tech?

This is not the route we were going with. Instead of added damage(since Night Hammer to our knowledge carried the weaponry of the era already, the only real advancements in damage dealing tech from Yavin to the end of the GCW were the Diamond Boron torp(3.5 ABY- Galactic Empire), the cluster bomb(11 ABY- NR), Ion torpedo(8.5 ABY- NR), long range turbolasers(40 ABY- NR) and the metal crystal phase shifter(Designed and sort of implemented 10.5 ABY and not used again en masse until 41 ABY- Maw Irregular fleet)

As such we will merely diversify it's weaponry from standard Executor with say more dual and a few quad turbolasers.

I'm unsure that advance tech would be represented by damage alone. I would try to represent it with more fighters, stronger shields, and stonger turbolasers, but keep it fairly moderate. less than 5% dmg for turbolasers.

Night Hammer will be able to very quickly mass launch fighters from her three hangars but they will be standard TIE Fighters and Bombers as that is all she was listed as carrying in Darksaber, however these weaker fighters will be somewhat made up for in volume and speed of deployment. Her hull will be slightly tougher but shields will be standard, with possibly a slightly faster recharge rate.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:26:25 PM by Lord Xizer »
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 12, 2017, 09:41:50 PMReply #14

• Admiral
    • View Profile
ok, that makes sense

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!