Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: The RP Thread  (Read 29279 times)

May 11, 2017, 07:37:17 PMReply #40

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
Re: The RP Thread
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2017, 07:37:17 PM »
His name was indeed inspired by a sandwich though, lol, so you're right  ;D I know, I'm incredibly creative.  :D
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

May 11, 2017, 08:05:30 PMReply #41

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2017, 08:05:30 PM »
I mean it's better than mine, using Naruto. However I did know a couple with the last name Madara
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 11, 2017, 08:12:00 PMReply #42

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »
usually base my names off Latin and then going one forward or back a letter or looking up ancient languages for certain meanings
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 11, 2017, 08:20:12 PMReply #43

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2017, 08:20:12 PM »
usually base my names off Latin and then going one forward or back a letter or looking up ancient languages for certain meanings
Yup same here expect I like using Japanese names. For my main capital ship I name them shinigami which means is a god of death in Japanese.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 11, 2017, 08:30:40 PMReply #44

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • "Rule through Fear of Aggression"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »
(I'm gonna continue with the roleplay if no one objects)

Adrian was fuming as he and the rest of the Phoenix crew sat floating in space disabled, the lights on the bridge glowed a dim red as power to the ships systems was on the emergency reactor, he slammed his hand against the viewport in frustration as he saw the Imperial fleet's engines glow bright and fade as they joined the tiny pin pricks of light from the numerous stars before disappearing into the black abyss.

"Status Report", he asked in a calm cold mood, he was beyond pissed and felt humiliated yet again for his arrogance and lack of vision. "We are on auxiliary power and most of our E-wings are disabled, we have five ready and on standby if need be but they couldn't do much against a mass fighter wing." Adrian nodded at the bridge officers response before shaking his head in disgust, "Well god damn it we have to do something", an idea came to him and a small smirk formed at the base of his mouth.

"Reroute a little bit of extra power from the lights to the our sensors and try and trace a small path of ionized particles.", his second in command Mitron nodded and got the crew working on his special order. After quite some time his old Chiss ally and friend showed him their quick findings. "There are very minuscule trails presumably from their modified Imperator Star Destroyers." Adrian chuckled and patted his friend on the back.

"Good work! Now send a signal to the New Republic command and let them know we are following them and that I will signal for reinforcements when the time is right." The lights flickered and went off as most of the power went to the comm signal to the New Republic, "Captain we've managed to get one of our engines back online but the time to get to that fleet's position would be equal to an hour travel time."

Adrian winced and shrugged "That's as bad as my first starfighter I got for my 16th birthday, piece of junk that thing was". "Alright tell the remaining E-Wings to support Captain Ordo and relay to him our plan". After the signal sent through the Phoenix moved into position to follow them and as the ship began to jump Adrian felt the ships hull beneath his feet shake vigorously from the strain on the single engine. The lights dimmed and the ship hummed as the massive power went into the engines as they jumped into hyperspace. "Well this is going to be a special reunion." he remarked as he looked forward towards his second confrontation with this new imperial commander

(I figured Ionized particles could be traced through space after they've been used on a mass scale, and a three star destroyers using only ion cannons would probably leave just enough of a trail to be followed for a small distance through space)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:36:04 PM by RevanTheFireMage »
"History is on the move, and those who cannot keep up, will be left behind"
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 11, 2017, 08:35:26 PMReply #45

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2017, 08:35:26 PM »
(Well I've updated the original post with Puerto rough ship rules to be more full defined later. I personally have no issues with reasonable fanon ships and I'm more approving of the Jedi class since there's reasoning behind it not "lol this is my Jedi Imperial ship". But not sure I'll let them in the RP, for the moment, let's just say they're a peverse subset of insert SSD here. As a side note, what do you all think of including Ascendancy abilities? Also, RIP in peace my MC90 thanks to Corey today. Lastly I was waiting for Revan The Fire Mage to post but it's been a day.)

"NOW!" Ordo yelled diving for cover when the ion shots shot out. The MC90 diverted power to shields, opening fire on the Executor, too slow to hit it before it hyperspaced away. The entire starfighter group and several escape pods launched from the ship. Ordo opened his eyes after several seconds and got up, looking around.

"We're, not dead?" He asked. Falcon stood still at one in the Force.

"They're gone." He said quietly. Ordo looked to the unanswered ship hailing of the Pheonix.

"Nearly got us all killed..." Ordo muttered.

May 11, 2017, 08:38:52 PMReply #46

• Rear Admiral
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2017, 08:38:52 PM »
Yeah, you guys are much more professional at this then I am, or maybe I'm just lazy.  :D However, in this case I kinda I changed my approach to the character and didn't originally plan on it. He started off as purely comedic, and as such the name seemed appropriate, but for some reason my next entry with him became a lot more serious and dramatic, so now such name looks a bit weird. I could of course come up with a better name, considering how many EU books I've read, lol. We'll see, maybe I'll retcon it as only being his nickname in the Navy, and not a real name. That would be one weird-ass nickname (I mean what do you have to do to earn it), but whatever. I might leave it as it is, just for the heck of it. Pullpork and Madara, sounds like a good team (even though my guy wanted to betray Madara, lol).
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

May 11, 2017, 08:41:31 PMReply #47

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2017, 08:41:31 PM »
(Sorry for the really late response! I don't have the means to type quickly enough to respond with a long and thought out continuation due to the fact I only have an Iphone 4 to work with at night and the font is too small for me to see at night when I'm tired.)
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 11, 2017, 08:43:51 PMReply #48

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2017, 08:43:51 PM »
I like Pullpork how he is now, he is a good comedic relief for the rest of us who are all dark and serious, but a good character is one who can both be funny and serious at the same time, and when push comes to shove he can have his moments of seriousness as a way to develop his character more so that he's not just the one-dimensional funny/clumsy officer who is the sidekick of the story)
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 11, 2017, 08:52:04 PMReply #49

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2017, 08:52:04 PM »
(Sorry for the really late response! I don't have the means to type quickly enough to respond with a long and thought out continuation due to the fact I only have an Iphone 4 to work with at night and the font is too small for me to see at night when I'm tired.)
(Same. Don't worry about posting soeed. I just thought it would be good to let you post. And I consider the Jedi-Class and Pullpork to be different kinds of comedy.)

May 11, 2017, 08:55:25 PMReply #50

• Rear Admiral
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2017, 08:55:25 PM »
Well, we'll see how it goes. I'll have to continue my RP tomorrow, I've gotta get some sleep now. Have a good time, everyone, and as I said before, use my character if needed any way you like.

P.S.: RevanTheFireMage, don't worry about it, dude. You're writing some great stuff, so take your time, you don't have to apologize for anything.  :)

May 11, 2017, 09:00:10 PMReply #51

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2017, 09:00:10 PM »
(Thanks for the compliment man! That's the stuff I like to hear, I want to major in literature and be an author someday. So it's good hearing feedback. goodnight man!)
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 11, 2017, 09:03:42 PMReply #52

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2017, 09:03:42 PM »
I will continue in a bit I just got to think out my next phase of action next, and got to finish eating dinner lol

May 11, 2017, 09:06:10 PMReply #53

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2017, 09:06:10 PM »
(Sounds good I'm going to go get me some frickin ramen then)
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 11, 2017, 09:47:59 PMReply #54

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »
Currently writing up my character's next action on another device. Therefore, time for a character bio:

Accessing Imperial Records
Captain* Commander Kast Nerix
Planet of Origin: Orinda

Nerix showed remarkable tactical ability during his time in the academy, and after graduating this non-Core Worlder's meteoric rise through the ranks was nothing short of astounding. Time and again his superiors would attempt to sabotage his career by sending him outcasts and washouts as his crew. However, Nerix transformed them into an unorthodox yet effective fighting force. He served admirably under several fleets, most notably under Grand Admiral Madara, reducing threats in the sectors to nearly nonexistent levels.

However, his tactical prowess is matched by his disdain for Imperial politics. While a firm believer in the principles of the New Order, he is frequently in disagreement with the Moffs, feeling they have little understanding of the real world. In particular, he is a firm supporter of integration, feeling all Imperial citizens, human and non-human deserve the same rights. Of particular ire to many peers and superiors alike is his non-Human wife, who he ensures always attends important functions with him. Imperial Intelligence admires his progressiveness, but fears it may be too sudden. Keep a close eye on this one.

* Data altered by Moff Garret Lentao
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 11, 2017, 09:59:07 PMReply #55

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2017, 09:59:07 PM »
While the massive fleet was in hyperspace, Madara was looking over the holovid secretly recorded by near by probe-droids. He was very interested on the fact that a certain ship opened fired before the fleet jumped. He continued monitoring the former battle space as the probe droid picked up a signal from the disabled ship. It seemed like they were attempting to track his especially modified star destroyers. Madara had also taken this into calculation with a smile he opened his comms channel and contacted Admiral Pullpork, "Admiral please send the three Ion vessels to Mon Cal shipyards, along with the message that these ships are a gift for a new found relationship."   

He also contacted Imperial High Command to inform them that the first contact with the rebellion had gone well. And also to inform them that he had not gone rogue as some reports were probably suggesting. After a rough holonet questioning cycle Madara closed the holonet communication. Even though nobody knew the hyperspace route to get into his controlled regions he knew there were those attempting to find it. He couldn't allow this to happen. It was going to take a few weeks to reach Death's Pass, and prepare his plan. However he knew that it would at least take the New Republic months to find the planets location, even longer for the Remnant. He stared back into the fast moving stars of Hyperspace and grinned. Everything was going accordingly.

May 11, 2017, 10:36:59 PMReply #56

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2017, 10:36:59 PM »
Adrian was monitoring his console as The Phoenix tracked the faster moving imperial fleet. The sensors on the Phoenix were state of the art thanks to the Fleet Modernization Program advancing New Republic technology at a vast scale. So when he heard Mitron state "Sir we've notice almost a full turn around in the Ionized particles path suggesting that their fleet has turned." Mitron turned to give the order to change hyperspace trajectory but Adrian denied that command.

"Keep on this course and I want a full status report on the repair of our engines and weapons and if they aren't operating within the hour I want to know why!" He barked his face getting red as he grew tired of moving so slow through hyperspace, their smaller capital ship should've been able to catch up to the larger ship as it had a hyperdrive ranking of 2.0 when the newer Nebula had double the speed at that. "And someone make me some damn coffee it's going to be a long day I can feel it."

He turned back to see Mitron raising an eyebrow at him in question of his orders and he sighed as he scratched his hair, "Sorry if that came off as rude but look at where we are currently, we are between Atzerri and the South Western unknown regions." He looked at his console, "The new trajectory of their turn is sending them towards Mon Calamari, which is off putting as that region is heavily defended by New Republic forces, and if this 'Commander' wanted to actually join with the New Republic then why did he jump in the first place?". He turned and put a hand on Mitron's shoulder.

"So I'm assuming it's a diversion as he has figured out our means of tracking him and we need to think of a new way." Mitron nodded and calmly remarked "We could possibly reconfigure our sensors slightly to be able to detect disturbances through electromagnetic waves given off by their ships energy consumption and communications devices." Adrian gave his trademark smile™ as he exited the bridge to go to his personal quarters, "This is why you're the best second in command in the entire New Republic Mitron."
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 12, 2017, 01:38:41 AMReply #57

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2017, 01:38:41 AM »
With a flicker of blue, the holofeed collapsed into nothingness, leaving the conference room eerily empty save for the presence of Captain Nerix. For a few seconds, the man stood in silent shock, replaying the events of the last 24 hours.

" . . . a strong accusation, I hope you have the proof . . . "

His hands slowly settled into fists. Proof they wanted, and proof he gave, presenting in painstaking detail every piece of evidence pointing to Madara's betrayal. They told him to await further instructions as they reviewed the material, but that his arguments were convincing enough that he should ready his taskforce to mobilize.

"Commander Nerix, we thank you for this alarming report . . . "

For the first time in eight months, the men under his command had an energy he hadn't seen since the Outer Reaches Campaign. Here lay a chance not only for glory but also to put an end to a threat to the Empire. The soldiers under my command may be considered backwards by most, but they all believe in what the New Order stands for.

"However, it is the decision of Command that your services will not be required; you may stand down."

Now he would have to inform the crew of Command's decision, and watch as their eyes lost that glow, as a little more of their spirit died the slow death far worse than any battle. How will I break the news to them? His thoughts were interrupted by a trill from his datapad. Briefly his eyes lit up—perhaps Command had changed their minds—before his face fell as he read the message.

To: Kast Nerix
Subject: About a Certain Grand Admiral

Nice Try. The only way you're leaving that assignment is posthumously.

Of course. Any military action must be approved through the Moff Council. His anger flared; the datapad in his hand suddenly in two pieces. NO!! I cannot allow myself to lose composure, not when my crew needs me most. Closing his eyes, he slowly felt the anger flow out, and an idea began creeping into his mind. Turning, he exited the conference room, gesturing for his second-in-command. Senior Lieutenant Fara Crispus made her way over.

"What was the decision, Sir?"

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it."

Crispus tried valiantly to hide her disappointment. "I see. Shall I order the men to stand down from battle stations?"

"Not yet," Nerix replied. "I have a plan, and I need your support. You're going to like it even less than Command's decision, though."

Fara scoffed. "Anything is better than being stuck here."

"Remember Halifax?"

"I stand corrected." She grimaced at the memories. "That man was an infantile creep."

"True," Kast chuckled, "but he was in charge of Sleeper Agents. It takes a special kind of special to deal with those. Anyways, I seem to remember him saying he had dirt on everyone in the Empire. I also remember him saying he owed you a favor after you cleaned up that mess on Ord Mantell. I need you to call in that favor."

"My dream assignment," Crispus said drily. "Next thing you know I'll be volunteering to test the airlocks from the outside. Fine, I'll do it. What do you need?"

"Two things. First, a fleet of Madara's size must have some sleepers on board. I want him to activate one. Not for long, just long enough to ping a location."

Fara nodded. "Good idea. Having a location will give us a distinct advantage. That is, if we ever get cleared for action. Kriffing Moffs--pardon my Huttese, sir."

"No apologies needed. Thankfully, our problem is with only one: Lentao. That's the second request. I want everything Halifax has on him, and I mean everything."

"If I didn't know better, sir, I'd say you were looking to blackmail Lentao into approving our deployment," she said, masking a smile.

Nerix let a wry grin slip over his face, "Now, that would be wrong. I'd like to think of it as reaching a mutual understanding. Think you can make that happen?"

"Yes, sir. I'll report back when I get the information." Crispus turned and made her way to the bridge's exit.

Commander Nerix waited until his second had left, then headed over to Lieutenant Relyr, who was hunched over one of his gadgets. "Can we route our comms through that sensor array to boost its range?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry sir, didn't know it was you, sir!" Relyr stiffened to attention. "Um, yes I think we can, but we don't need comms boosted for Imperial signals."

"I know. Make the needed preparations. I require it to contact an old friend on his personal comms. Ensign Beecher, hail the fleet."

"Frequency open, sir."

"This is your Commanding Officer speaking. I know the past few months have been trying. I take full responsibility for our current situation. In a few days this will all change. I am not at liberty to discuss the details; however, know that we will be facing a threat that if left un-dealt with would cause untold damage to the stability of our New Order. Do what you must to prepare your vessels, and your hearts, for battle."
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 12, 2017, 02:01:01 AMReply #58

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2017, 02:01:01 AM »
(wow, you guys are doing great, and I can see Revanchist probably did this many times before, his writing is just sublime. Mr. Puerto, I hope everything works out, good luck to you, whatever it is, my friend. Well, considering the story hasn't progressed much since my departure and Pullpork is still pretty much at the same place, I think I'll continue my RP as him)

OOC: Thanks, this is actually my first time doing this, but I do a bit of writing in my spare time and GM for some RPGs when I find the time and a group. These take me a tonne of time though. Each of my In Character posts so far has taken me the entire day to write. Not really a bad thing, but it means the story can get away from me if I'm not careful.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 12, 2017, 07:30:20 AMReply #59

Offline rednax

• Brevet Admiral
  • For the Pentastar Alignment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2017, 07:30:20 AM »
(Can I have some information on deaths pass?(o r whatever it's called) for instance, is there a small checkpoint or space station there?)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!