Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: The RP Thread  (Read 28949 times)

May 10, 2017, 11:38:01 PMReply #20

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • "Rule through Fear of Aggression"
    • View Profile
Re: The RP Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 11:38:01 PM »
(Goodnight guys! And whatever it is Mr.Puerto I hope it works out)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:41:39 PM by RevanTheFireMage »
"History is on the move, and those who cannot keep up, will be left behind"
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 10, 2017, 11:48:02 PMReply #21

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • "Rule through Fear of Aggression"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 11:48:02 PM »
(I mean I'm not going to bed anytime soon so whoever still wants to rp I'm up for it.)
"History is on the move, and those who cannot keep up, will be left behind"
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 10, 2017, 11:55:40 PMReply #22

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 11:55:40 PM »
OOC: Commander Nerix is going to be in a lot of holoconferences and the like, so he's tied up with that atm. We'll see what Naval Command decides to do SoonTM. I figured having someone who wasn't immediately involved in the action would be a good thing for the story, otherwise it turns into an "and then . . . " plot.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 11, 2017, 07:11:42 AMReply #23

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 07:11:42 AM »
(Hope you're doing alright, Puerto.)

"I will notify the apporiate superiors of mine for your conditions, as well as your new status." Ordo said before turning to a stunned Falcon who was muttering.

"Must be a droid... Must be a droid... Nothing is outside the force..." Falcon whispered. Before Ordo could reply a shout came from across the bridge.

"Sir, the Pheonix is moving towards engagement range of the indictor, possibly to attack!" Said one of the officers. Ordo looked at Falcon and said tensely, "Keep it together man!" He then turned to the officer.

"Open up a comms channel to that ship right now!"
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:40:26 AM by GreyStar »

May 11, 2017, 09:13:15 AMReply #24

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 09:13:15 AM »
(wow, you guys are doing great, and I can see Revanchist probably did this many times before, his writing is just sublime. Mr. Puerto, I hope everything works out, good luck to you, whatever it is, my friend. Well, considering the story hasn't progressed much since my departure and Pullpork is still pretty much at the same place, I think I'll continue my RP as him)

Pullpork was standing next to the Comms officer, looking grimly at the screen, which now was showing two capital ships, the MC90 and the Nebula. "I hope you had your lunch, Lieutenant", he muttered. "It looks like this is going to be a long day.". That Nebula is too close to the Immobilizer, he thought. "Contact the Worthy Adversary, order them to transfer all power to shields, and to turn their missile interdiction field on. They won't stand a chance against a Nebula with their quad laser cannons". "Yes, sir", enthusiastically responded the Lieutenant. To him everything was so fun, he was still young, and full of energy. Pullpork felt his personal comlink vibrating on his belt. "I'll be back in 5", he barked, and left the bridge. He wasn't expecting any calls, and he knew that he wasn't supposed to leave the bridge amidst such a serious situation, but he had a feeling this was something important. He took the comlink out and looked at the hologram. He recognized Leon Quayle, an intelligence officer, and an old acquaintance of his. They didn't talk often, and whatever this was, it had to be something serious. "Theodore, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you". Quayle looked concerned. "I'm all ears, commander, but I don't have much time. What is it?". "Our defenses on Corsin have fell. The planet was captured by the New Republic 40 minutes ago, I just received the news. The local population wasn't harmed, but the Imperial garrison was effectively destroyed, there are none of our men left there. The nearby Imperial fleet is 5 sectors away, and I doubt that the Ruling Council can afford retaliation at the moment". Pullpork closed his eyes, he looked sick, as though someone poisoned him. He didn't respond. Quayle waited for a few seconds. "Your family lived on Corsin, didn't they, Theo? Your wife, and your two kids?". Pullpork opened his mouth, as if wanting to say something, but he couldn't. His second daughter was born only a month ago, he didn't even see her in person yet. And now, Corsin was lost. He didn't know when he would see his family again. He didn't even know if they were fine. "The Rebels never harm the civilians.", he thought, trying to reassure himself. "But this changes everything. It really does.". "Thank you for the news, commander.", he finally said, ending the call before Quayle could respond. It wasn't polite, and Quayle was a friend, but Pullpork didn't have time to be polite. He didn't have time for anything. He slowly walked back to the bridge, pale as a dead man, with sweat pouring down his neck. (to be continued...)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:32:11 AM by Major Grodin Tierce »
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

May 11, 2017, 09:30:02 AMReply #25

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 09:30:02 AM »
Thanks for the support, it was just a pretty shitty situation and I had to think about the things that led to the situation, so I wasn't really in the mood to write anymore.

Anyway, this next section of dialogue is probably going to a long one so while I create that I'll make a quick character profile.

Accessing Imperial Records
Grand Admiral Madara
Year of Birth: Unknown
Place of Origin: Unknown, probably from the Unknown Regions
Short Briefing: Madara joined the Empire shortly after the loss of the first Death Star. He sought an audience with the Emperor, seeking to make a deal with the Empire. The Emperor himself allowed Madara to have an audience with him , seeing how The Emperor had never seen a being exist outside the Force. Taking the same path as Grand Admiral Thrawn he gave some mapping information of the Unknown Region, and Palpatine promoted him to the rank of Grand Admiral and sent him to a newly discovered part of the Unknown Regions to establish an Imperial presence, along with establishing several colonies in order to have trade and ship production capabilities in this part of the galaxy. Madara left the core with a Executor class super star destroyer along with hundreds if not thousands of more ships within his fleet.
End of any recorded history.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 11, 2017, 10:17:33 AMReply #26

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »
" You have my thanks Captain, now it appears that I have over stayed my welcome. So I'm afraid this joyful chat has to come to an end, I bid you farewell." Madara paused for one moment thinking if he should tell the Captain any information about the coming Moff fleet. The Grand Admiral sighed, he couldn't betray anyone has soon as he meet them that was just rude. "Before I go, I suggest you do the same thing, this place won't be safe for long. I'm sending you coordinates to the Planet Death's Pass it is the only Planet with a hyperspace route to my territory, so I'd advise taking only the necessary amount of ships before going there. There's no need to cause a commotion yet."

Madara ordered the comms officer to stop the hologram, he was happy with the results gathered here. He looked to his battle situation commander and asked " Is there any update to that aggressive ship?" The battle commander informed him in a calm matter, "Sir, the ship has deployed E-wing squadrons and is making its way toward the interdicator fleet. what plan should we put in place?" Madara got up from his chair and walked over to the battlenet, which gave him a hologram view of the battlefield. Madara smiled, seeing how this had all fallen under his calculations. " Tell the fleet to begin jumping to Death's Pass on my command, using the untraceable route we have planned out. Use the Rebellion's tactic against them shall we. Also tell the interception fleet to use the move Yata Shield in order to counter the ship its too close to our ships and it doesn't appear it wants to stop." Madara's interest piqued "Ah yes this will be far more interesting than those petty warlords." He thought to himself

" Boost all power to the lower shields!" The Captain of the modified Secutor yelled to his crew, if they were going to pull off this plan the timing needed to be spot on. There was no room for error,  since this was such a special strategy. The Secutor he was in command of was a specially modified ship designed especially for these situations. The ship had much more armor and shields at the cost of its weapons. However, the hanger bay was still in use. The three Star Destroyers were also modified to have a much bigger reactor, at the cost of having no hangers. But this allowed for all the main weapons of the ship to be replaced with Ion cannons. The Captain looked to his crew and yelled "Turn the Secutor into the shield position when ready and prepare to launch the Tie Defenders!"

Suddenly the Secutor class took a sharp movement upward. Facing upwards, the Secutor had its armored belly and hanger bay facing toward the oncoming ship and Ewing squadron, this while the Star Destroyers began to surrounded the New Republic Capital ship. The Ewings also took a sharp turn upward to avoid crashing into the Secutor in its unnatural position. The Flight Captain barked to his crew "Deploy the TIE Defenders!" Tie Defenders began flowing out of the hanger bay, following the Ewings. They targeted the Ewings and used their on board ion cannons to disable the Ewings so they wouldn't pose a threat to the retreating fleet. Then the Star Destroyers began opening fire, first bringing down the shields, then disabling the sub-light engines, weapons, and hyperdrive effectively leaving it stranded in space.

Once this was done the Grand Admiral, pleased with himself, ordered the interdictors to turn off the gravity wells. After that Madara ordered his fleet to take the hyperspace route predetermined earlier, making their routes untraceable. The fleet jumped to hyperspace without an conflict hoping to avoid any in the first place.   
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 11, 2017, 12:14:03 PMReply #27

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 12:14:03 PM »
Admiral Karlof Raddus, an old time adversary of Madara from back at the academy, was woken rudely from his sleep. "Sir, new Transmission from high command!"
"oh great, what does Grunger want of us now?"
"Madara has gone rogue"
"WHAT!"
"That's what he said, and that our Jedi Class Dreadnought should move into his former territory and take it"
"Fine, Tell the grand Admiral i am on my way"

'I still don't understand why the emperor named the mini executors Jedi Class. they were supposed to be the enemy of the empire!' Raddus thought as he walked onto the bridge of the Mace Windu. "Tell the fleet to head for the south core region. investigate Madara's absence!" he said. "and maybe i'll finally get a promotion'
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 11, 2017, 12:47:56 PMReply #28

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 12:47:56 PM »
Admiral Karlof Raddus, an old time adversary of Madara from back at the academy, was woken rudely from his sleep. "Sir, new Transmission from high command!"
"oh great, what does Grunger want of us now?"
"Madara has gone rogue"
"WHAT!"
"That's what he said, and that our Jedi Class Dreadnought should move into his former territory and take it"
"Fine, Tell the grand Admiral i am on my way"

'I still don't understand why the emperor named the mini executors Jedi Class. they were supposed to be the enemy of the empire!' Raddus thought as he walked onto the bridge of the Mace Windu. "Tell the fleet to head for the south core region. investigate Madara's absence!" he said. "and maybe i'll finally get a promotion'

You know I think a custom ship class is a little bit of a stretch,

May 11, 2017, 03:19:41 PMReply #29

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 03:19:41 PM »
You know I think a custom ship class is a little bit of a stretch,

It is. Plus, with MC 90s and Nebulas in play Grunger is long since dead.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 11, 2017, 04:30:23 PMReply #30

• Rear Admiral
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 04:30:23 PM »
A ship in Imperial service, named Jedi Class Dreadnought Mace Windu, a mini-Executor? This has to be the weirdest thing I've seen all day  ;D And isn't Raddus the Mon Calamari dude from Rogue One?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 04:32:31 PM by Major Grodin Tierce »
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

May 11, 2017, 06:35:35 PMReply #31

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 06:35:35 PM »
(Despite the fact that I stated in the OP that this was a semi-serious slash joke RP, things have taken a turn to the serious, with a few brief hints of comical seriousness. And as such, "Jedi-Class Super Star Destroyers" is just too implausible and downright stupid, no matter how crazy Dark Empire Palpatine was.)

May 11, 2017, 06:40:46 PMReply #32

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2017, 06:40:46 PM »
I think we should establish some rules before going forward,

Here's a rough draft :
Keep fleet sizes reasonable, for example I may have a super large fleet size. But since I was sent away on a mission at the height of the empire it makes sense. Plus I use fractal sponges Fleet review picture as a reference.

No making up ship classes, since we're putting this at the after endor period I think that's reasonable for imperial RPers, for the new republic you obviously have more freedoms but again keep it reasonable and realistic. If you modify a ship make sure to take something away.

Read the responses extra carefully. Players might have calculated a response or set something up very specifically. So you have to follow what they write.

Other than that be pretty liberal. I know I am. Oh also make sure everyone agrees to the rules, I wouldn't want to be a dick and force rules upon everyone. I made it so it's easier for everyone. 

May 11, 2017, 06:41:21 PMReply #33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 06:41:21 PM »
( i couldn't think of another dreadnought class name, but i wanted a class of 6km executors,  so i came up with Palpatine ordered them, and named them after the Jedi to mock them. i came up with this weeks ago. Fanon, but deal with it. i wanted something the warlords could more conceivably build and man

as for the second, i borrowed the name, get over it)
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 11, 2017, 06:43:35 PMReply #34

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 06:43:35 PM »
( i couldn't think of another dreadnought class name, but i wanted a class of 6km executors,  so i came up with Palpatine ordered them, and named them after the Jedi to mock them. i came up with this weeks ago. Fanon, but deal with it. i wanted something the warlords could more conceivably build and man

as for the second, i borrowed the name, get over it)

You could have assertors or bellators named after Jedi. Im pretty sure if Zsinj can the names of his star ships so can your character.

Plus I don't want people coming up with outrages designs, what's stopping me from developing a 1Km eclipse SSD? I rather nip that in the bud before it gets too out of hand 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 06:46:11 PM by Mr.Puerto »

May 11, 2017, 07:02:30 PMReply #35

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 07:02:30 PM »
1. that would be a star destroyer, and the superlaser would be crap
2. this ship has heavily reduced armament. 200 Turbolasers, 200 Heavy Turbolasers, 40 Ion Cannons, 20 quad concussion missile launchers. it is significantly less powerful, so even a bellator would beat it. but, as the NR isn't a threat, but their fellow warlord's SDs are, they restarted production. originally, Palpatine made 20: 10 went with Thrawn, 2 to the PA, 2 to Byss, 1 to Maldrood, 1 to Grunger, and the rest went to the deep core. Treutan, through extra contacts, pirates, smugglers, and other scum and imperials tried to build one out of the wreakage of his previous one, but coated like his fleet in red armor. it was incomplete when Daala took his life.

May 11, 2017, 07:13:48 PMReply #36

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 07:13:48 PM »
I'm just using an example of how creating ship classes can get out of hand. And I mean there's the sun crusher so any things possible. I would talk to greystar, to figure things out.

May 11, 2017, 07:22:47 PMReply #37

• Rear Admiral
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 07:22:47 PM »
Well I'm fine with all of it, it just made me laugh, especially the Mace Windu part :) And as someone who named a character "Admiral Pullpork", I don't have much say in this  ;D

May 11, 2017, 07:25:43 PMReply #38

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 07:25:43 PM »
Well I'm fine with all of it, it just made me laugh, especially the Mace Windu part :) And as someone who named a character "Admiral Pullpork", I don't have much say in this  ;D
When I picture your character I imagine a humanoid with a pullport sandwitch as his head.

May 11, 2017, 07:33:06 PMReply #39

• Rear Admiral
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2017, 07:33:06 PM »
When I picture your character I imagine a humanoid with a pullport sandwitch as his head.

rofl  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I actually contemplated making him non-human, but I guess not to such extent.  ;D

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!