Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: New Republic Offshoot - Garm Bel Iblis' Correllion Rebellion  (Read 2876 times)

May 09, 2017, 11:39:20 PM

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Something better then the Hapes Consortium, I present the TRUE 5th Faction, give it up for, GAAARM BELL IBLISS.

Garm Bel Iblis - Horribly weak, outdated tech, has to tech up through harder means, CLONE WARS SHIPS, KATANA FLEET SPAM, BEING THE MOST BADASS CHARACTER IN STAR WARS

Faction Idenity: Starts out with extremely outdated tech, research stations are twice as expensive, focus on ships of the line and missle damage, able to abuse quick movement, colonization frigate moves twice as fast as gallofree, has half the stats as regular colonized planets, Rebellion Reborn is a staple

Unit List:
Capital - Venator
Capital - Victory 1
Capital - Victory 2
Capital - Veneator 2
Capital - Correllion Destroyer

Cruiser - Assualt Frigate Mark 1
Cruiser - Assualt Frigate Mark 2
Cruiser - Nebulon-B2
Cruiser - Nebulon-B
Cruiser - Heavy DP20
Cruiser - Dreadnaught
Cruiser - Dreadnaught Retrofit
Cruiser - Katana Dreadnaught

Frigate - CR70
Frigate - CR90
Frigate - DP20
Frigate - Heavy CR90
Frigate - Peregine
Frigate - Quaser
Frigate - Scout

Fighter - X-Wing
Fighter - Y-Wing
Fighter - ARC-170
Fighter - V-Wing
Fighter - V-19

Primary Focus Techs:
Improved Warheads - Concussion missles do 20%/40%/60% more damage.
Proton Advancement - Proton Torpedoes do 20%/40%/60% more damage.
Acclamator Improvement - Improves Acclamator stats by 50%/100%/ unlocks Acclamator 2 which has same upgrades.
Venator Improvement - Improves Acclamator stats by 50%/100%/ unlocks Veneator 2 wihch has the same stats.
Victory 1 Improvement - Improves Victory 1 stats by 50%/100%. Unlocks Stolen Engines.
Stolen Engines - Replaces the Victory 1 engine with a Victory 2.
Resurgance - Increases all unit stats to double the normal amount (not including upgrades) with a double price tag to match.
Rebellion Retrofit - Upgrades all fighters to be on par with New Republic standards.
GARGATUAN BOARDING - Accalmators and Accalmator 2 Boarding ability lasts twice as long and gives double the health restored after boarding due to mass production of Gargatuans.
Improved Secret Bases - Retains double growth rate, and health regeneration speed, restores population cap, logistic spots, defensive spots, and resource production are all restored to normal levels.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:52:20 PM by GreyStar »

May 10, 2017, 01:46:46 PMReply #1

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: New Republic Offshoot - Garm Bel Iblis' Correllion Rebellion
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »
The immediate problems I see:
Nor Venators nor Vicrories classify as capital ships. This would make this faction EXTREMELY WEAK!
Out of 7 frigates, 4 of them are anti-fighter, one of the least useful of the bunch, since they have only 1 role, 1 ship being a scout, and 1 of them a carrier, and the Peregrine-class being a yacht(most possibly planned as the diplomatic ship)
Between the cruisers there is another anti-fighter ship in the heavy DP20, whatever that would be. I assumed the heavy CR90 being the CR92a or the Assassin.
Other than that we have 2 dreadnaughts and 2 assault frigates which were basically a slightly different dreadnought...
Other than that the two nebulon Bs and...
Seriously how did you planned this to be diverse and playable?
I can't seem to understand the line of thought.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 10, 2017, 01:49:27 PMReply #2

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 01:49:27 PM »
I planned on it to be playable through summoning the badassery of Garm Bel Iblis. As a side note this is a sequel to the joke ICW Garm Bel Iblis minor faction which was equally crippled and "why would you even bother playing this" tier.

Secondly you know what would be better then this? Aliens. All I'm going to say.

Nah, the Ssi-Ruuvi will get a full faction status. I will see it done by myself if need be.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:51:57 PM by GreyStar »

May 10, 2017, 02:20:57 PMReply #3

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 02:20:57 PM »
Yeah this is intended to be a joke faction. Also, thanks for the Ssi-Ruuvi shoutout. Either the Ruuvi or the Vong would be fantastic, preferrably both and remove the Hapans haha.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 10, 2017, 02:22:34 PMReply #4

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »
If the Hapens get wiped out in the first ten minutes of the game they can return as the VONG.

Obviously balanced.

May 10, 2017, 04:06:08 PMReply #5

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 04:06:08 PM »
i was about to say when i saw this, great, he did it again.

now, if you hasd includexd stuff like the Corellian Battlecruiser, Strident Star Defender, Corellian Heavy frigate, Maybe the Mandator II, then you would have more powerful ships. but then, you might as well just add the galactic republic with your list
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 10, 2017, 04:29:50 PMReply #6

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 04:29:50 PM »
i was about to say when i saw this, great, he did it again.

now, if you hasd includexd stuff like the Corellian Battlecruiser, Strident Star Defender, Corellian Heavy frigate, Maybe the Mandator II, then you would have more powerful ships. but then, you might as well just add the galactic republic with your list
I will get Iblis into Fall of the Republic Force help me.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!