Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: What do you guys want in this?  (Read 8195 times)

May 08, 2017, 06:05:21 AM

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
What do you guys want in this?
« on: May 08, 2017, 06:05:21 AM »
Okay, first off, this is not a mod team stuff, I am just curious about what you guys want.
You know, curiousity killed the cat. Oh... bad example ;)
So I want ideas, no matter how absurd or unrealistic they are. Forget the game engine, forget everything. Just a fun little discussion :D
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 08, 2017, 08:36:22 AMReply #1

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Oh Dear Me
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 08:36:22 AM »
Well an hour after posting this and I finally realize this is the FotR subforum and not ICW. Oh well this was written as my ICW wishlist and I've bolded the ones I wouldn't mind in FotR. I totally want all of these in ICW anyway.

• An upgrade tree.
  • The diplomacy addition that was in the works.
  • The ability to modify what carriers carry (modifying unit production to increase / decrease the price of any starfighter carrying ships.)
  • Ability to switch between regular TIE Interceptors and slower but shielded TIE Interceptors when Era 2 hits.
  • New Republic fighters being upgraded every era.
  • Clone Jedi / Dark Jedi on Wayland and Byss and Coruscant.
  • During Era 2 ability to create clone Sith-Jedi AKA "Crosscurrents" in cloning centers.
  • Cloning Tanks on Coruscant and Byss.
  • The ability to blow up cloning centers.
  • The ability to make it so Palpatine continually resurrects until Byss is taken.
  • The ability to build Death Stars.
  • Hero cloning.
  • Ability to use galactic conquests which do not have ground combat.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:47:08 AM by GreyStar »

May 08, 2017, 09:59:17 AMReply #2

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys want in this?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 09:59:17 AM »
WOW

that's a lot

my list isn't so crazy

Republic: Major clone production on Kamino, with minor in places like Coruscant, Byss, and other such places, everywhere else recruit regular republic troops
  Venator SD not be the republic's only SD, bring in stuff like Victory, Imperator, Tector, and there are some fanon advancement destroyers for after venator
  Fighters have a steady progression. where at first you are stuck with Delta-7b, NTB-630, V-19, and the N-1 on Naboo, you can gain better fighters like V-Wing, Z-95, ARC-170, Eta-2, Y-Wing, and eventually Tie fighters
  An optional Imperial era where Palpatine overthrows the Jedi and establishes the empire, replace all Jedi heroes with people like Tarkin, X-1, and other imperial officers, with Anakin undergoing his transformation
  The Mandator/Preator series take off, with Kuat have unique Mandator 1 and Preator 1 defending it, which are replaced with hyperspace capable Mandator II and Preator II, but with like a 3 max build/ no lifetime for the mandator, with a unlimited for Preator like in ICW

CIS: Malevolence was the most famous of a class of 5, so it might make sense for a total of 2 at a time to be buildable, with Subjugator being an optional superweapon
  more expanded roster than RaW has
  a potential to form the Rebel alliance after the Empire is formed

multiple minor nuisance groups/ Align and you get stuff factions, like Florrum(pirates), Black Sun, Mandalore, Mon Calamari, and others
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 08, 2017, 03:14:36 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 03:14:36 PM »
I would like to see FoTR (whats that) to come out in like stages if that makes sense, similar to what the AOTR team is doing with post 2.7 expansions.

For example having one giant GC focusing on the events from Battle of Geonosis all the way to eliminating CIS remnants with Moff Tarkin in the early period between 3 and 4. Even though its one GC it would probably be packed full of content so it would hold people off until more GCs are done. Similar to the demo expect it would be a final product.

Then with other releases there can be more focused GCs, I'm not too familiar with Clone Wars campaigns yet so who knows.

I also think the Republic should only be allowed to build clone troopers on Kamino until "tech" 4 or 5 seeing how that was the only real cloning planet until the Spaarti clones cylinders start coming to play.

Maybe also have a long build time for clones to simulate how long it took clone them, then start the Republic with a huge Clone ground force to make up for that.

Maybe the Diplomacy system can come back for this version but only for the CIS, since they're trying to bring systems to their side.

That's all I have so far.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:15:01 PM by Mr.Puerto »
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 08, 2017, 04:16:53 PMReply #4

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »
Things I'd like to see in FotR (Fractalsponge's original thrawn's Revenge)

• A research system with some choices, for example either granting KDY or Sienar the starfighter contract, or a choice between refitting some of the older pre-war frigates or design a new one.
  • Emergent Factions based on the choices you make. If you stress military development you'll lose more pacifist systems, if you attack a neutral system and you control X system, X system breaks away.
  • Especially with the CIS, I'd like certain ships to only be able to be produced by certain planets, to simulate the more Confederacy feel.
  • Have Vic I's appear, with a late game ability to unlock a couple ISDs
  • As little stuff from The Clone Wars CGI as possible.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 08, 2017, 06:11:50 PMReply #5

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • "Rule through Fear of Aggression"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 06:11:50 PM »
1. I would like to see an era system like in thrawn's revenge but it's based around factions in the galaxy, like let's say you are playing as the Republic and you defeat the CIS, The CIS faction disappears and two new factions emerge such as the CIS Remnant, and the pirates. And you can get access to early imperial tech like a couple ISD's. And then you do certain actions against the CIS Remnant and Pirates and eventually a new faction is born which is the tiny Rebellion.
So instead of Era's being based on heroes it would be based on factions in the Galaxy.

2. Heavy infantry and armor production on Kamino

3. More Crime syndicates and have them have more influence than just corruption abilities. Have trade routes and trade ships which bring in more income through having trade ports on planets.

4. Customizable names for capital ships, instead of a small preset rooster.

5 Diplomacy and expanded interaction between factions instead of just kill them all, kill them all.

6. Make ships such as the Venator be able to be specified on what kind of fighters it holds and make the price adjustable for what fighters you use.

7.  Expand the rooster of ships for the factions and make it more variable than RaW

8. Have more force powers and Jedi being involved with Diplomacy
"History is on the move, and those who cannot keep up, will be left behind"
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 08, 2017, 06:13:03 PMReply #6

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 06:13:03 PM »
And also more story events and prototype technology. Like having one single ISD be buildable in the early part of the war but have it be weaker and just a prototype/testbed for later models to come.
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 08, 2017, 07:44:23 PMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 07:44:23 PM »
Dooku having a massive diplomatic bonus on converting worlds to the CIS in person as well as the ability to recruit and buff his Dark Side Acolytes.

Grievous in all his mechanized mass murdering terror.

Durge as a tanky regenerating hulk.

CIS carrier swarms and assassin droids
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 09, 2017, 12:46:06 PMReply #8

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 12:46:06 PM »
I'd like more than two playable factions, regardless of whether they are literally two droid factions and two republic factions that have all the same units. I think it gets monotonous fighting the same people over and over again.

May 09, 2017, 12:52:50 PMReply #9

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 12:52:50 PM »
That's whyi brought up the splinter factions/minor factions, so there is more variety
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 09, 2017, 02:02:32 PMReply #10

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 02:02:32 PM »
I'd like more than two playable factions, regardless of whether they are literally two droid factions and two republic factions that have all the same units. I think it gets monotonous fighting the same people over and over again.
Well there's nobody else to fight. The Clone Wars was fought between the Republic and Confederacy. Sure there were other groups around but they did practically nothing.

May 09, 2017, 04:11:49 PMReply #11

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 04:11:49 PM »
I want to see these factions
Republic/Empire
era 5 You get the rebellion.
Darth Maul's Shadow Collective
CIS/CIS remnant
Pirates/Hondo's pirates.
Cooperate Sector

Various jedi heroes
Buildable Talon company/501st/Vader's fist
Tarkin as a republic and imperial hero.
units from Galactic battlegrounds.
the ability for Maul's faction to do acts of piracy and other shady activities like the Zahn Consortium.
Republic/Imperial Commandos.
Rebels able to do acts of terror killing innocents and spreading fear and terror.
Thrawn as a era 5 imperial hero and Voss park.
Servance Tan.
Factory/clone worlds
Umbara units (also given to the empire since the empire use a lot of their tech early on.)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:14:23 PM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

May 09, 2017, 06:06:24 PMReply #12

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 06:06:24 PM »
Oh god my ears. And I would also like to see more factions like maybe the Pike Syndicate, or the Zygerrian slave empire in the outer rim, or hell even through in a Deathwatch faction. Just make it interesting and more immersive, don't let it just be a 2d campaign where all you have to do to win is fight the same faction over and over and over again
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 10, 2017, 03:17:07 PMReply #13

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »
Death Stars and super ships of various types being buildable by both sides at the same time.

Examples, Mandator Class, Malovelence and the forward firing Malovelnce that ran on force crystals, Preators (they count as supers to me), that Bulwark ship or something from Rebellion.

The 501st Legion being a continually rebuildable unit or such, but with a minor hero (the unnamed Battlefront 2 Clone). If this is added and the Republic builds the Death Star stationing the 501st Minor Hero + Anakin + Palpatine all gives the Death Star buffs.

Kenobi can board the Death Star of the CIS with an army of clones and can take it over. Palpatine can steal his own Death Star for the CIS. BALANCE!

501st units have 100% damage bonus against any Force-Sensative.

The Dark Reaper from the Clone Wars video game.

May 10, 2017, 04:37:20 PMReply #14

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
GARM BEL IBLIS.
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 04:37:20 PM »
Since other people double post and no one says anything. Three words.

GARM BEL IBLIS.

Preferably recruited from Corellia, OR, recruited from a mission to steal the GARGANTUAN.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:39:23 PM by GreyStar »

May 10, 2017, 04:54:52 PMReply #15

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 04:54:52 PM »
Can I have an army of clone Gungans plz?  :angel:
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

May 10, 2017, 05:54:30 PMReply #16

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 05:54:30 PM »
that would be hysterical, but the Jar Jar quotes would get old REAL quick

May 10, 2017, 10:31:42 PMReply #17

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I Made The Death Star!!! Also Tarkin Sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 10:31:42 PM »
THE CLONE LEGIONS please be able to create certain troops like 501 at-te and other stuff.
The power that we are dealing with here; is immeasurable

May 11, 2017, 06:47:30 AMReply #18

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 06:47:30 AM »
THE CLONE LEGIONS please be able to create certain troops like 501 at-te and other stuff.
I told you, this is nothing official. Just a fun little discussion.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 11, 2017, 01:09:27 PMReply #19

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 01:09:27 PM »
that would be hysterical, but the Jar Jar quotes would get old REAL quick
But it might drive Corey even more crazy than the "G series" VO did in his Republic at War LP! ;D
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!