Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Possible Republic Unit Roster?  (Read 13647 times)

May 01, 2017, 11:20:37 AM

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Possible Republic Unit Roster?
« on: May 01, 2017, 11:20:37 AM »
Obvious choices:

Venator
Acclamator
Dreadnaught
Arquientens(sorry if misspelled)

Fighters:
V-19
V-Wing
ARC-170
Y-wing
Z-95
NTB-630(before Y-Wing)(?)

also, will we see the Mandator for that mod, and then get turned into Megador for ICW?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 01, 2017, 11:38:20 AMReply #1

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Republic Unit Roster?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
If we are talking about Republic unit rosters (why again?) then to add to the list

Consular Cruiser (battle retrofit)
Pelta-class (possibly)
Carrack
Victory-I

Also the Acclamator could get split into Acc-I and Acc-II
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 01, 2017, 12:11:22 PMReply #2

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 12:11:22 PM »
there was another one? where is it?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 01, 2017, 12:25:13 PMReply #3

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 12:25:13 PM »
Acclamator

Acclamator II

Basically the Acc-I was an armed troop carrier, whereas the Acc-II was modified to serve in a heavier combat role.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 01, 2017, 12:25:43 PMReply #4

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 12:25:43 PM »
Plus there is the Acclamator Carrier subclass (156 starifghters, what) and the Acclamator Clone Commando Carrier subclass.

As a side note an expanded refit system in Ascendancy would be weird.

May 01, 2017, 12:28:08 PMReply #5

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »
As a side note an expanded refit system in Ascendancy would be weird.

Armada 3 has that, and it is pretty cool. Especially since the art for the ship updates when the refit completes upgrading.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 01, 2017, 01:24:22 PMReply #6

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 01:24:22 PM »
Plus there is the Acclamator Carrier subclass (156 starifghters, what) and the Acclamator Clone Commando Carrier subclass.

True. I was just keeping it at 2 variations because I don't think anyone wants there to be a ton of sub-classes for the Republic. Any combo of 2 types would be good though. As for the Imperator I think it should be represented, but be limited in overall production, either in a build limit or something to the like.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 01, 2017, 01:29:43 PMReply #7

Offline HobbesHurlbut

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »
Arquitens-class light cruiser

May 01, 2017, 02:13:32 PMReply #8

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 02:13:32 PM »
True. I was just keeping it at 2 variations because I don't think anyone wants there to be a ton of sub-classes for the Republic. Any combo of 2 types would be good though. As for the Imperator I think it should be represented, but be limited in overall production, either in a build limit or something to the like.

i was not involving myself at all with imperial/late clone wars era, as that would be only additions

May 01, 2017, 04:43:46 PMReply #9

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 04:43:46 PM »
guys, I don't want to kill the joy but unit roosters are a bit early to talk about at the moment.
We have to figure out what we want with the mod at large first, but thanks for the suggestions.
About the 4 different acclamator classed, I am not sure we want more than the I and II. Even then we have to make them different enough to be recognizable, a problem we are already having with the ISD I, ISD II and the Tector class in ICW. Not now-days, but there were more than some compliments that people couldn't distinguish the three and "had to hover the mouse over a hardpoint just to know what it is I face"
or something along the lines of this.
And I have to admit, facing an ISD I and an ISD II at the same time, it is important to know which one do you want to focus first.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 04:52:51 PM by kucsidave »
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 01, 2017, 04:46:45 PMReply #10

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 04:46:45 PM »
I'd love to see a fleet of Republic paint job ISDs though, maybe toward the latter part of the war there can be limited ISD production and extremely expensive. Then if the GE comes into play then maybe have an expanded role for the ISD, while increasing production limits and lowering costs.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 01, 2017, 05:24:30 PMReply #11

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 05:24:30 PM »
True, in addition the two other Acclamator classes aren't exactly useful in EaW compare to Sins and it's expanded ability list. I guess the Clone Commando carrier could have Boss' face on it (lol no). Though I would argue the Acclamator Carrier subclass should be either combined with the Accalmator 2 (which it is more or less in ICW) or a visibly lighter ship with little to no guns on it.

May 01, 2017, 05:32:28 PMReply #12

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 05:32:28 PM »
guys, I don't want to kill the joy but unit roosters are a bit early to talk about at the moment.
We have to figure out what we want with the mod at large first, but thanks for the suggestions.
About the 4 different acclamator classed, I am not sure we want more than the I and II. Even then we have to make them different enough to be recognizable, a problem we are already having with the ISD I, ISD II and the Tector class in ICW. Not now-days, but there were more than some compliments that people couldn't distinguish the three and "had to hover the mouse over a hardpoint just to know what it is I face"
And I have to admit, facing an ISD I and an ISD II at the same time, it is important to know which one do you want to focus first.
I can't imagine having more than one or two acclamator, that already sounds like too much.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 01, 2017, 05:39:59 PMReply #13

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 05:39:59 PM »

But I still hadn't gotten around to my suggestion for the Assertor yet!!!

Yeah limiting it at two is the best solution.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 01, 2017, 07:09:53 PMReply #14

Offline HobbesHurlbut

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 07:09:53 PM »
Well one can strip shield better and the other has more heavy turbolaser firepower...so both are nasty either way.

May 12, 2017, 04:16:36 PMReply #15

Offline t78

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 04:16:36 PM »
I think the Neutron Star is introduced at the end of the clone wars as well, perhaps as a carrier. Will check wookiepedia when my internet is better.

Two things that I've often thought about with regards to late republic/ early empire:

T.I.E fighters- the originals, before TIE/LN. Introduced as a cutting edge fighter to replace the V-Wings after the end of the clone wars, yet plentiful in number. It would be interesting (and weird) to see ties as the fastest, most powerful fighters in game. Perhaps as a very late 'what if?' unit, like the Bothan Assault Cruiser in ICW.

Secondly,

It would be interesting to see non-clone organics on both sides. Probably primarily represented as infantry (precursers to the imperial army infantry? What would seperatist organic infantry look like?) and fighters (Pursuer gunships? Cloakshapes?). The Essential Guide makes it very clear that organics are found on both sides in significant numbers. TR3 would give a chance to flesh them out.

Just some thoughts.

May 12, 2017, 04:34:10 PMReply #16

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 04:34:10 PM »
I think the Neutron Star is introduced at the end of the clone wars as well, perhaps as a carrier. Will check wookiepedia when my internet is better.

The Neutron Star was introduced after the end of the Clone Wars.

Two things that I've often thought about with regards to late republic/ early empire:
T.I.E fighters- the originals, before TIE/LN. Introduced as a cutting edge fighter to replace the V-Wings after the end of the clone wars, yet plentiful in number. It would be interesting (and weird) to see ties as the fastest, most powerful fighters in game. Perhaps as a very late 'what if?' unit, like the Bothan Assault Cruiser in ICW.

I'd rather not have the T.I.E as it was never saw significant use before the TIE Fighter was introduced.

It would be interesting to see non-clone organics on both sides. Probably primarily represented as infantry (precursers to the imperial army infantry? What would seperatist organic infantry look like?) and fighters (Pursuer gunships? Cloakshapes?). The Essential Guide makes it very clear that organics are found on both sides in significant numbers. TR3 would give a chance to flesh them out.

I wouldn't mind the CIS having recruitable Geonosians on Geonosis or Trandoshans on Trandosha. The Republic should have little to no non-clone infantry units in the Clone Wars era (Pre-Clone Wars is fine). It's called the Clone Wars (the conflict, not the mod) for a reason.

May 12, 2017, 06:03:45 PMReply #17

Offline t78

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 06:03:45 PM »
All good points!

Though I would argue that the Judicial Forces have to be doing something during the clone wars. What are all the non-clone republic citizens doing? They can't just be twiddling their thumbs or in support roles.

Perhaps native forces on both sides for planets could be beefed up, whilst the majority of the rep/seb mobile forces are clone/droid.

May 14, 2017, 08:21:39 AMReply #18

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 08:21:39 AM »
If ISDs make it to the mod, they should be indeed limited. I would suggest maybe having them as hero units, assigned to certain admirals. Something along the lines of early EotH in ICW 2.1, where Thrawn and Dagon Niriz command ISDs in Era 1, but the regular ISDs are not buildable.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

May 14, 2017, 08:37:13 PMReply #19

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
If ISDs make it to the mod, they should be indeed limited. I would suggest maybe having them as hero units, assigned to certain admirals. Something along the lines of early EotH in ICW 2.1, where Thrawn and Dagon Niriz command ISDs in Era 1, but the regular ISDs are not buildable.
I agree with this, like a build limit on earlier eras but as you approach the period right before and after order 66 take the limit off.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!