Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

Cannon or Legends?

Cannon
0 (0%)
Legends
15 (68.2%)
both
5 (22.7%)
neither
0 (0%)
(for me to click)
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Disney Star Wars cannon? Or EU (Legends)  (Read 19973 times)

August 30, 2017, 06:19:39 PMReply #40

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Re: Disney Star Wars cannon? Or EU (Legends)
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2017, 06:19:39 PM »
3. what they are trying to do is basically say that the jedi and sith are both bad. they are truly saying that a balance force user can walk on a path that uses both the light and the dark side.

i don't feel like a Gray Jedi user can accomplish overcoming the flaws of the Jedi and the Sith however, as we've seen Gray Jedi in Legends and, they're invarialbly not as convicted as normal ones to protecting the galaxy (I think.) If anything, they really should go with the New Jedi Order philosphy over Vivitate's army of Gray Jedi users from SWTOR: KotFE.

September 03, 2017, 07:31:54 AMReply #41

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2017, 07:31:54 AM »

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mega-class_Star_Destroyer

Fuck this: I'm out of canon regarding everything after Endor...

September 03, 2017, 08:29:20 AMReply #42

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2017, 08:29:20 AM »

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mega-class_Star_Destroyer

Fuck this: I'm out of canon regarding everything after Endor...

You and me both
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 03, 2017, 10:07:24 AMReply #43

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 10:07:24 AM »
yeah there's that, and then the stupid Mandator 4 as well... "sigh" well, there went any hope the Eclipse would be it instead.
interesting though, aside from the class name, as a Headquarters/Mobile shipyard rather than straight warship for the Order is an interesting concept. something is likely to trace it back to Palpatine though, as How the *%#$ could the First order build THAT!! and the Starkiller Base Death Star 3.0!!!

at least a Viscount analogue is in in the form of the Raddus
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:12:29 AM by DarthRevansRevenge »
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

September 03, 2017, 11:58:41 AMReply #44

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 11:58:41 AM »
Still wondering whether Disney based their new SSD on something Thrawn's Revenge did 10 years ago (and quickly replaced).

"Let's turn it sideways and supersize it!" :'(  :'(
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

September 03, 2017, 02:27:51 PMReply #45

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »
ugly, but if the Team can make a beautiful model for it as a small dreadnought unique to the EoTH then i would totally love to see it again. because a Dreadnought with EoTH principles is a better match for them then the Bellator in the PA, which DOESN'T truly match their doctrine. Talking about both platforms here. would rather see this as the unique Small Titan/ Hero only Dreadnought for the EoTH, and Give the PA the Assertor to match their slow, tough, defensive Fighter spam doctrine

but yeah, i see your point
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

September 03, 2017, 06:15:10 PMReply #46

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2017, 06:15:10 PM »
Still wondering whether Disney based their new SSD on something Thrawn's Revenge did 10 years ago (and quickly replaced).

I just love how Disney is following the path of the old trilogy so closely! That creative freedom really paid off, I mean now we have Hoth 2.0, Dagobah 2.0. Yoda 2.0, and Executor 2.0 along with a striking reveal and 'darker plot' Who's ready for Return of the Jedi 2.0?!!!

(Sarcasm overload)
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 03, 2017, 09:58:20 PMReply #47

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2017, 09:58:20 PM »
IKR

so much for a "FRESH" start

September 04, 2017, 03:16:12 AMReply #48

Offline taupin121

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-4
  • Solo Command
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2017, 03:16:12 AM »
at least a Viscount analogue is in in the form of the Raddus

But that Viscount is no bigger than the Home One :/

September 04, 2017, 03:29:58 AMReply #49

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2017, 03:29:58 AM »

Actually the first thing that came to my mind, when i saw that "Wing" was the Horten Ho 229
https://t4cs.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/shot-2014.07.01-18.50.41.jpg

And then the other Flying Wings (like the B2 Bomber)

How the *%#$ could the First order build THAT!! and the Starkiller Base Death Star 3.0!!!

They built it with the vast ressources that the entire galaxy... oh wait no that was the Empire.
They built it with the vast ressources of the Unknown Regions... oh wait the Unknown regions haven't been properly introduced.....

So i guess they built it with Plot-Ressources

« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:34:41 AM by Guderian »

September 04, 2017, 06:11:36 AMReply #50

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2017, 06:11:36 AM »
OOOKAAAY, Disney can fuck itself.
They did somethign right with R1, but 7 was a mayor fuck up and looks like 8 is going to be another one.
So let's say fuck Disneyverse and keep the real canon.
If disney wanted to remake everything there was before, why didn't they just pumped out movies from stuff like the Thrawn Trilogy, the X-wing books and so on.
I would have watched those. Maybe say refreshen the stories a little bit as to have an element of surprise to those who red the books as well, but still. I would have rather seen the meeting at Tsoss Beacon than the bullshit they are doing ATM.
And they could have made a movie out of the KOTOR and TOR games ass well.
They took them over, make a movie as a MASSIVE promotion for the games and bang. Instant hit.
And yeah, I won't buy battlefront either, unless I know it came out better than the first. That was another mayor f#$k up.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

September 04, 2017, 09:20:21 AMReply #51

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2017, 09:20:21 AM »
FYI the Raddus is 3km, not Home one sized, but yeah, this completely sucks

September 04, 2017, 11:49:52 AMReply #52

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »
They couldn't have just used the Assertor for the new design? Had to make it worse?

I'm glad I'm in a place again where I won't get insulted for hating Ep 7 and now Ep 8. The only good thing in the next movie are the puffin things for being comedy with Chewbecca. Even if they are from Planet Sneeze, I mean Anch-To, no I mean Ah Cho.

September 05, 2017, 03:38:01 AMReply #53

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2017, 03:38:01 AM »
They couldn't have just used the Assertor for the new design? Had to make it worse?

I'm glad I'm in a place again where I won't get insulted for hating Ep 7 and now Ep 8. The only good thing in the next movie are the puffin things for being comedy with Chewbecca. Even if they are from Planet Sneeze, I mean Anch-To, no I mean Ah Cho.

The Porgs seem really cute. (i think that's what they are called?)
As long as they don't take out the First Order like those damn Teddy Bears did in Jedi i'm ok with them.
But those damn Teddy Bears.. They were in the Trees! They were Everywhere man!

September 05, 2017, 09:16:20 AMReply #54

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2017, 09:16:20 AM »

But those damn Teddy Bears.. They were in the Trees! They were Everywhere man!

You need to read Apocalypse Endor. It's a comic that has a Stormtrooper telling a bar about his time on Endor in a very Vietnam like way but it's done in the spirit of parody, like when the Empire first lands the Ewoks come out with flowers to put in their blasters and the Stormtroopers yell out, "They're trying to jam our Blasters!" and start shooting then all hell breaks loose with the Eowks drumming and hunting them at night and guys going crazy. It's a pretty hilarious comic.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Apocalypse_Endor
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 05, 2017, 09:53:26 AMReply #55

Offline taupin121

• Rear Admiral
  • Solo Command
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »
FYI the Raddus is 3km, not Home one sized, but yeah, this completely sucks

Home One is 3.2 km. If you don't believe just play Empire at War (or watch the movie). I can even advice you a good mod with it : Imperial Civil War ;D

You need to read Apocalypse Endor. It's a comic that has a Stormtrooper telling a bar about his time on Endor in a very Vietnam like way but it's done in the spirit of parody, like when the Empire first lands the Ewoks come out with flowers to put in their blasters and the Stormtroopers yell out, "They're trying to jam our Blasters!" and start shooting then all hell breaks loose with the Eowks drumming and hunting them at night and guys going crazy. It's a pretty hilarious comic.

Love it. Tales serie had really good stories.

September 05, 2017, 05:30:05 PMReply #56

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2017, 05:30:05 PM »
Nope. While disputed, a cross-sections book for movies 1-6 put Home One's length at 1445 meters, with 36 Turbolasers, 36 ion Cannons, 10 fighter squadrons, and mon cal tech. The Liberty is 1200 meters, and we all know the ISD's length. So, sorry, but Petroglyph got it wrong

September 06, 2017, 02:46:29 AMReply #57

Offline taupin121

• Rear Admiral
  • Solo Command
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2017, 02:46:29 AM »

So ILM got it wrong too when they made the movie ? You know dozen, if not hundreds, of expanded universe sources quote the Executor as 8 km long but as it's not what is depicted in the movie, after years they finally decided to retcon it. They failed to do so for the Home One but it's easy watching the movie to understand that it is bigger than 2 km.

September 06, 2017, 03:32:12 AMReply #58

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2017, 03:32:12 AM »

That does sound awesome. I will definitly check it out thanks!

September 06, 2017, 10:22:36 AMReply #59

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2017, 10:22:36 AM »
even looking at the Movie, it is a Large ship, but not a %#$@ing Battlecruiser, as the first Mon Cal Battlecruiser ship was the Mediator. even if i wasn't going for the 1445 meters limit i saw in the book, or the 1300 meters length on Wookieepdia(i looked again after i posted previously) i would only scale it up to 1800-1900 meters. Large? yes. Super Capital sized? NO

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!