Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Pentastar Alignment 1.1 Overview Video  (Read 3774 times)

April 28, 2017, 03:00:11 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Pentastar Alignment 1.1 Overview Video
« on: April 28, 2017, 03:00:11 PM »
We've usually done some general faction overviews for each faction, talking roughly about rosters and whatnot. For this release, I've decided to go a bit more in depth with additional videos showing off some of the stuff that's less conducive to a text update without it being 50 paragraphs long. In these videos, I'll go over all the major tech, roster and ability updates for each faction in 1.1, starting with the Pentastar Alignment and ending with a separate videos on the heroes.

This isn't replacing the other text faction profiles when we add factions (the Hapans will be getting their full treatment after 1.1's release), it's supplemental. I'll also be recording full playthroughs for Corey Loses.

In this video, we talk about some shuffling in the PA frigate lineup, the new capital ship abilities, potential Lucrehulk replacement, Naval Station Validusia, and some quick Veterancy & Upkeep system demonstrations.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 28, 2017, 03:49:21 PMReply #1

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Re: Pentastar Alignment 1.1 Overview Video
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 03:49:21 PM »
looks nice. still need to upscale the bellator though. it's really too small
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

April 28, 2017, 03:54:09 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 03:54:09 PM »
No, that's the correct size. They're 7200 meters, Praetors are 4800, ISDs are 1600. They're not that big.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 28, 2017, 04:01:40 PMReply #3

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »
preators i thought were something like 2,900 meters... ?

looks really small compared to Valdusia, will this mean the bellator will be a little down scaled with ICW 2.2? with the preator, because if it's THAT small, then it really should not be close to Executor/Vengeance/Viscount/Sovereign/Eclipse
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

April 28, 2017, 04:04:40 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »
Everything above a certain point (about 2500 meters) gets diminishing return in scale in EaW because of pathfinding. The bigger it is, the more it has to get compressed. Otherwise, they're entirely unuseable.

April 28, 2017, 05:07:44 PMReply #5

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »
So what will the ship over a certain size begins credit cost limit be? Nebulon B's big enough? Or is it more towards Victory 2s and up?

April 28, 2017, 05:22:48 PMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 05:22:48 PM »
I answered this on Discord, but for everyone else's benefit, anything that has degrading systems will have this.

May 12, 2017, 02:30:32 PMReply #7

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »
Looks Interesting to say the less.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!