Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: The New cannon is frustrating  (Read 26257 times)

May 03, 2017, 07:58:25 PMReply #80

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: The New cannon is frustrating
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »
Okay you make a fair point I never thought about, it does seem like we are slowly being separated from the major Star Wars community, but I think thats due to the fans that are like FUCK YOU DISNEY EA FOR RUINING STAR WARS and just being childish about it and not actually taking a normal, calm response about it.
I also think Legends material still makes plenty of money otherwise they would never bring legends characters back from it.
And you're right about the issue with 7 and so on, I'm just saying EU isn't perfect though its treated like it.

I agree with this. Fans on both sides of the issue take a very childish view of the other side, which makes things worse (huh, sounds like any divisive topic lol). And yeah the EU is in no way, shape, or form NEAR perfect. There are so many things in it that are severely flawed. However, when it comes to rebooting a franchise with a lot of problems without completely destroying everything I'd say Doctor Who is proof that it could have been done.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 03, 2017, 08:45:36 PMReply #81

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2017, 08:45:36 PM »
ASEND FROM DARKNESS
RAIN FIRE
SKIWER THE WINGED BEAST
WIELD THE FIST OF IRON
FREEDOM
(anyone gets this reference I be happy):)

Nice Black Ops reference.

May 03, 2017, 09:01:06 PMReply #82

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2017, 09:01:06 PM »
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:23:33 PM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

May 03, 2017, 09:33:18 PMReply #83

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »
I agree with this. Fans on both sides of the issue take a very childish view of the other side, which makes things worse (huh, sounds like any divisive topic lol). And yeah the EU is in no way, shape, or form NEAR perfect. There are so many things in it that are severely flawed. However, when it comes to rebooting a franchise with a lot of problems without completely destroying everything I'd say Doctor Who is proof that it could have been done.
Yeah if you want to talk about childish views about a community, just look at the Dragon Ball community a lot of people over there are... something else. Don't get me wrong there are amazing people around that fandom but the loud minority is awful. I feel like if we had better views and more rational people, we could've seen legends be brought back in a good way. I have committed a sin and I have not watched Doctor Who so I can't comment on that.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 04, 2017, 12:28:59 PMReply #84

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2017, 12:28:59 PM »
we have to give disney some credit though. the new version of the death star did not look like this:
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 04, 2017, 12:33:55 PMReply #85

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2017, 12:33:55 PM »
you and your pictures. we need a random pictures thread for this
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 04, 2017, 02:07:26 PMReply #86

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2017, 02:07:26 PM »
we have to give disney some credit though. the new version of the death star did not look like this:

The peak efficiency of the Death Star. You can fire three super lasers at all different angles
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 04, 2017, 04:53:20 PMReply #87

Offline Jesse220

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2017, 04:53:20 PM »
The guys at Disney are idiots, cause they screwed up the Star Wars Universe. I say we sue them!

May 04, 2017, 05:07:26 PMReply #88

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2017, 05:07:26 PM »
Star Wars WAS messed up even before they got their hand on it.
It is just they are messing it up again and even more than EU did.
Which is frustrating, since they have the recipe in front of them and should only leave out the ingredients with the red circle around them
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 04, 2017, 07:12:16 PMReply #89

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2017, 07:12:16 PM »
Star Wars WAS messed up even before they got their hand on it.
It is just they are messing it up again and even more than EU did.
Which is frustrating, since they have the recipe in front of them and should only leave out the ingredients with the red circle around them
I'm not an optimist by any means, however I still have hope that the story will work itself out.

May 04, 2017, 07:17:00 PMReply #90

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2017, 07:17:00 PM »
I'm not an optimist by any means, however I still have hope that the story will work itself out.
You sound like a optimistic Imperial Pilot going "I got him I got h-" and then is shot down by a A-Wing.

Dave sounds like Wedge when we said blowing up the death star is impossible.

Now here is how I sound. I sound like the smuggler who is super useful yet you want to blow his fucking faceoff.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

May 04, 2017, 07:58:43 PMReply #91

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2017, 07:58:43 PM »
You sound like a optimistic Imperial Pilot going "I got him I got h-" and then is shot down by a A-Wing.

Dave sounds like Wedge when we said blowing up the death star is impossible.

Now here is how I sound. I sound like the smuggler who is super useful yet you want to blow his fucking faceoff.

Invalid since you are already used that reference once haha, and I mean we still don't know where the full story goes yet so maybe it has a big pay off

May 04, 2017, 08:09:08 PMReply #92

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • "Rule through Fear of Aggression"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2017, 08:09:08 PM »
Anyone else want the Yuuzhan Vong? I mean I do, they were so unique with their biological ships and their hatred of technology, and their mass genocide tendencies as well as their backstory of the force pushing them out. And the vast scale of their world ships and their culture brought a breath of fresh air to the star wars lore
"History is on the move, and those who cannot keep up, will be left behind"
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 04, 2017, 08:36:43 PMReply #93

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2017, 08:36:43 PM »
Anyone else want the Yuuzhan Vong? I mean I do, they were so unique with their biological ships and their hatred of technology, and their mass genocide tendencies as well as their backstory of the force pushing them out. And the vast scale of their world ships and their culture brought a breath of fresh air to the star wars lore
Nope I extremely dislike the Vong, it was just a terrible plot device to keep the story of Star Wars going. 

May 04, 2017, 09:02:31 PMReply #94

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2017, 09:02:31 PM »
Nope I extremely dislike the Vong, it was just a terrible plot device to keep the story of Star Wars going.

BURN THE HERETIC :P

If Dif Scaur is to be believed, they will be entering the Ascendancy universe at some point in time, so that's excellent news.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 04, 2017, 09:13:26 PMReply #95

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2017, 09:13:26 PM »
BURN THE HERETIC :P

If Dif Scaur is to be believed, they will be entering the Ascendancy universe at some point in time, so that's excellent news.
lol to be fair I haven't read much about that era so sure you can chalk it up to misinformation

May 04, 2017, 09:18:45 PMReply #96

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2017, 09:18:45 PM »
lol to be fair I haven't read much about that era so sure you can chalk it up to misinformation

That was actually going to be my serious question to you: if you had actually read the NJO series.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 04, 2017, 09:23:28 PMReply #97

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2017, 09:23:28 PM »
That was actually going to be my serious question to you: if you had actually read the NJO series.

Not really, expect from some things on wookiepedia along time ago. Must of my Vong experience comes from either being bored as a child and looking it up or comics. I might have to look into when I have the time

May 04, 2017, 10:26:54 PMReply #98

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:33:09 PM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

May 04, 2017, 10:28:48 PMReply #99

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2017, 10:28:48 PM »

I've read the first 2 books, want to get the rest, most of my info on that is from Wookieepedia/YVaW
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!