Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Fall of the Republic era progression  (Read 6557 times)

April 23, 2017, 07:02:17 PM

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
Fall of the Republic era progression
« on: April 23, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »
I'm curious how this would be handled. Would it be like ICW, and you have to kill a CIS leader to progress for the next era? I'm not that knowledgable about the clone wars, but I imagine that things continued around the CIS more than the Republic during that time period. Not to mention that the Republic technically got imperators and victorys so they would be benefiting more from tech changes.

April 23, 2017, 07:11:12 PMReply #1

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of the Republic era progression
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 07:11:12 PM »
They could do something like this. You could go from Sev'ance Tann to Asajj Ventress to Count Dooku and finally end with General Grievous. The post-Grievous era could see the CIS turn into the Separatist Holdouts, made apparent by a change in military philosophy and unit changes. This may not be the ideal era/tech progression system, but it's a start.

April 23, 2017, 08:54:18 PMReply #2

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I Made The Death Star!!! Also Tarkin Sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 08:54:18 PM »
Harder for the CIS in my opinion the same with the republic. Perhaps a focus change? or they just make it so you create your own story instead of following the Empire to its similar end.
The power that we are dealing with here; is immeasurable

April 23, 2017, 09:25:32 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 09:25:32 PM »
What's Fall of the Republic?
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 23, 2017, 09:43:58 PMReply #4

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 09:43:58 PM »
(smack self)

it's Corey&co's third TR mod, to support ICW, and to stop people from asking for clone wars stuff( i think) it will focus on the Clone Wars, and maybe lead into the imperial/rebellion era (unlikely)
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

April 23, 2017, 10:15:54 PMReply #5

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 10:15:54 PM »
Third TR mod?
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 23, 2017, 10:43:58 PMReply #6

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 10:43:58 PM »
have you looked in the admirals lounge recently Mr.Puerto?

April 23, 2017, 11:49:58 PMReply #7

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 11:49:58 PM »
Whatever the era progression it'll be better then the tech tree RaW uses. Bloody lack of Acclamator subclasses that would've been useful, such as the carrier subclass, or the bombardment one. In addition the great thing about Thrawn's Revenge is the immediate access to capital ships.

Lastly here's a stupid idea but Poggle the Lesser was arrested and then broken out towards the end of the Clone Wars, if it won't strain the engine too much perhaps the ability to reverse era progression (or speed it up) by the CIS? For example promoting Grevious to head of the fleet? But he can only be killed by Obi-Wan for good? And if Coruscant is taken the CIS can elect to give Palpatine full control, who can then activate Order 66 to deprive the Republic of 90% of it's heroes?

Or this.
They could do something like this. You could go from Sev'ance Tann to Asajj Ventress to Count Dooku and finally end with General Grievous. The post-Grievous era could see the CIS turn into the Separatist Holdouts, made apparent by a change in military philosophy and unit changes. This may not be the ideal era/tech progression system, but it's a start.

April 24, 2017, 11:36:43 AMReply #8

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »
The leader-based era-system in ICW works because of the nature of the time period. There are some fairly distinct regimes within the Empire, with events that dictated how the galaxy was operating during those regimes. The FotR (what's that?) period doesn't really have cleavages in the same way. It has other options. And while there will likely be some aspect of research in it, like what we're doing with the NR in 2.2, it won't be the traditional kind of "Tech level 1 you only get corvettes" thing. The feeling should be a lot closer to Imperial Civil War. Given sufficient resources, there are other ways I'd like it to resemble Imperial Civil War as well.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 24, 2017, 11:48:58 AMReply #9

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 11:48:58 AM »
Can't wait for Tech level 6 when the Assertor gets unlocked. Going to be super cool. I mean, any mod named Fractalsponge's original thrawn's Revenge is going to be epic and gamebreakingly gamebreaking.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

April 24, 2017, 12:00:50 PMReply #10

Offline HobbesHurlbut

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 12:00:50 PM »
Can't wait for Tech level 6 when the Assertor gets unlocked. Going to be super cool. I mean, any mod named Fractalsponge's original thrawn's Revenge is going to be epic and gamebreakingly gamebreaking.
Wut? ???

May 02, 2017, 09:14:37 PMReply #11

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 09:14:37 PM »
An honestly bad idea but would be interesting. In order of unlocking, Republic Reserve Forces (or whatever), Phase 1 Clones, Phase 2 Clones, Phase 1 Repainted Veteran Clones, Phase 2 Battalion Squads, Phase 1 Battlation Squads, Sparati Clones (cheaper and quicker but way less damage), Phase 2 Defualt Clone Stormtroopers.

As a side note a good reason to stick to pre-CW canon is because Rex remarked Phase 2 was of worse quality then Phase 1.

As a second side note a stupid idea is the Battalions being killable hero units.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!