Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Civilian assistance in ICW.  (Read 4065 times)

April 20, 2017, 11:57:50 PM

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I Made The Death Star!!! Also Tarkin Sucks
    • View Profile
Civilian assistance in ICW.
« on: April 20, 2017, 11:57:50 PM »
So I have noted that when ever playing as like the weaker factions like Eoth, Eriadu, Zinji and Penstar that when ever you attack their home planet like for example the Penstar planet Morishim, the people (because this map is used in other areas) the civilians are IR civilians. Should they be Penstar civilians? I would love it if the civilians of the home planets of a faction assisted and not by default the IR or NR. Maybe if a certain planet in legends disliked the faction then otherwise but I would love to see more diversity between civilians helping and not just being IR or NR civilians.
The power that we are dealing with here; is immeasurable

April 21, 2017, 02:54:20 AMReply #1

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
Re: Civilian assistance in ICW.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:54:20 AM »
While I don't fundamentally disagree with this, it can't happen. Well I suppose it could, but they would have to have multiple variations of some maps just to have the civies allied with their local Warlords which would significantly add to load times for very little gain. And according to Corey, no matter how much they support their local Warlord, they'd more than likely support the Mainstream Empire more.

April 21, 2017, 01:39:52 PMReply #2

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 01:39:52 PM »
thank you, bucman. I couldn't have said that better myself.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

April 22, 2017, 04:45:23 PMReply #3

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 04:45:23 PM »
Civilian affiliations are a pain in EAW as it's controlled by the spawn structures in the actual maps.  If you ever reach Ryloth with Zsinj you'll probably find the Twi'leks there fight with you since (I believe) they're still Pirate affiliated and our Zsinj faction is based on the Pirate faction entity.

Maybe we should just make all of the civ spawns cantankerous bastards eager to shoot anyone who trespasses on their lawn!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:04:21 PM by Slornie »
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

April 22, 2017, 04:58:06 PMReply #4

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 04:58:06 PM »
i like that idea
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

April 22, 2017, 08:59:43 PMReply #5

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 08:59:43 PM »
That's actually not a bad idea. With the exception of a few stalwarts (Mon Cal, Sullust, Chandrilla, Bastion, and the like), they can just hate everyone. Let's face it, the majority of civvies would much rather just being left alone.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

April 22, 2017, 09:42:22 PMReply #6

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 09:42:22 PM »
agreed
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

April 24, 2017, 06:44:01 AMReply #7

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 06:44:01 AM »
Come on, guys, just leave it as it is, it's not that much of a problem.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

April 24, 2017, 08:08:50 AMReply #8

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 08:08:50 AM »
I don't think making basically the entire galaxy hate everyone is a great solution to the fact that nobody except maybe Eriaduans (EA) and Nightsisters (Zsinj) would have fought for any of the Warlords. That's kind of what makes them Warlords.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 24, 2017, 02:41:44 PMReply #9

• Rear Admiral
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 02:41:44 PM »
I don't think making basically the entire galaxy hate everyone is a great solution to the fact that nobody except maybe Eriaduans (EA) and Nightsisters (Zsinj) would have fought for any of the Warlords. That's kind of what makes them Warlords.

That's spot on. I, for one, wouldn't have wanted it any other way than what it is right now. Listen to your Emperor, people :laugh: Nothing in the lore justifies having all-hating civies around everywhere. Planets like Morishim used to be part of the Empire before the PA was established, which is why the locals still have the same mindset. Maybe it is a bit weird if you're attacking Morishim as the NR and seeing the PA slaughtering the locals, when they would most likely rather side with the PA in such instance. But when you're attacking as the Remnant it makes all the sense to have the locals support you. Even if in reality they would be probably neutral, and that's disregarding the fact that the Remnant and the PA would never openly fight each other. And if you're Zsinj, Eriadu or Maldrood, who the hell would ever support you ahead of the Remnant? Aside for the aforementioned Eriaduans and Nightsisters, of course.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

April 24, 2017, 02:53:23 PMReply #10

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »
NEVER!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO THE EMPEROR! FOR THE REBELLION!!!!!!

JK it actually does make sense

April 24, 2017, 03:36:22 PMReply #11

• Rear Admiral
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »
NEVER!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO THE EMPEROR! FOR THE REBELLION!!!!!!

SAVE THE REBELLION!!!! SAVE THE DREAM!!!

April 24, 2017, 04:32:19 PMReply #12

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 04:32:19 PM »
YES if the empire has THIS kind of power, what chance do we have?

April 24, 2017, 07:14:19 PMReply #13

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 07:14:19 PM »
absolutely none, be prepared to be destroyed by the imperial war machine

April 24, 2017, 09:58:03 PMReply #14

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 09:58:03 PM »
you broke the chain! we were doing Rogue One quotes, and you destroyed it!

April 24, 2017, 10:03:26 PMReply #15

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 10:03:26 PM »
The plans [for the chain] are on Scariff.

April 24, 2017, 10:07:54 PMReply #16

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 10:07:54 PM »
(facepalm)

April 25, 2017, 09:30:48 AMReply #17

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 09:30:48 AM »
The plans [for the chain] are on Scariff.
Or maybe I broke it on purpose.
That way the rebels can't find the weak point.

April 26, 2017, 08:52:20 AMReply #18

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 08:52:20 AM »
they don't have to, you did their work.
It would be like blowing up the Deathstar for them.
They can't find the weakness but they don't even need to anymore
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!