Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: STAR WARS BATTLE FRONT 2 TARILER REACTION  (Read 7209 times)

April 11, 2017, 11:03:37 PM

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I Made The Death Star!!! Also Tarkin Sucks
    • View Profile
STAR WARS BATTLE FRONT 2 TARILER REACTION
« on: April 11, 2017, 11:03:37 PM »
What was your reaction to the battle front 2 trailer. Was it great was is bad what do you think and want from it?
The power that we are dealing with here; is immeasurable

April 12, 2017, 12:20:02 AMReply #1

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS BATTLE FRONT 2 TARILER REACTION
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:20:02 AM »
It would appear as if they listened to the community feedback about the first game. They had my interest, now they have my attention.

April 12, 2017, 01:33:01 AMReply #2

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:33:01 AM »
It would appear as if they listened to the community feedback about the first game. They had my interest, now they have my attention.
I think they would want to avoid a second PR nightmare so I'm expecting it to be really good
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 12, 2017, 04:47:39 AMReply #3

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 04:47:39 AM »
I think they would want to avoid a second PR nightmare so I'm expecting it to be really good
I wouldn't really bet on that. if you look back at the traier of theprevious one, it looked good as well. It look incredible and everyone was waiting for a great game.
And everyone pre-ordered or bought the game just to be dissapointed.
Also since there is so little time between the two games I am seriously concerned about the player-base as well as if we don't get a half-assed game again with serious problems like it was in the first one.
Don't forget that the biggest turndown for many players was the lack of content on release and the goddam DLC craze EA had. I think with so little time between the two these problems will repeat themselves, and the battlefront series will become just a cashgrab like CoD and Battlefield.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

April 12, 2017, 12:57:21 PMReply #4

Offline HobbesHurlbut

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 12:57:21 PM »
The trailer showed the Raider. But for me, Raider corvettes are mentioned in the novel Thrawn and this excited me because that make them Official Canon. ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Canon_policy#What_is_considered_official_canon.3F )

April 12, 2017, 02:25:10 PMReply #5

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »
I would bet money that they aren't going to deliver what you guy's seem to be expecting.

April 12, 2017, 02:28:09 PMReply #6

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 02:28:09 PM »
I would bet money that they aren't going to deliver what you guy's seem to be expecting.
We'll just have to wait and see, I was actually happy with the last battlefront, so even it improves on it a little I'll be happy
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 12, 2017, 08:13:58 PMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 08:13:58 PM »
trailers are unreliable, remember some of the worst movies and games had awesome trailers. Trailers often lie a lot too
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

April 12, 2017, 08:34:51 PMReply #8

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 08:34:51 PM »
i am worry what kind of content is going to be in.
We should have(Including all previous games dlc):
Rogue One(Jedah, and scariff(maybe Eeadu?))
4-6(Planets: Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, Bespin, and death star)
sullest
Episode 7( star killer, tako dona(I cant spell these names) and jakku)
1-3 (Coursant, naboo, genoesis and maybe kamino)

Heroes:
Han solo, Leia solo, luke skywalker, darth Maul, Yoda, darth Vader/Anakin , boba fett, obiwan, rey, fin, kylo ren, Director Krenic, Jyn Erso, Bossk, Nien Nub, Dengar, Lando, (as much as I hate to say it) Greedo, Chewbacca, the Emperor, Grevious, dooku, and IG88

What I want that might be DLC:
Rebels: Heroes: Thrawn, Ezra, Zeb, and Inquisitor(maybe Kallus?)
Planet: Lothal, and The rebel base.

Clone Wars Umbara chapters:
Heroes: Rex, Cody, CAD BANE!!!!!!, and either IG88 or Arua Sing?
Planets: Well Umbara and Maybe another planet like a mon cal under water with shark dudes :)
(Umbara Skins please)

All I have to say
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:36:55 PM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

April 13, 2017, 12:40:48 AMReply #9

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 12:40:48 AM »
i am worry what kind of content is going to be in.
We should have(Including all previous games dlc):
Rogue One(Jedah, and scariff(maybe Eeadu?))
4-6(Planets: Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, Bespin, and death star)
sullest
Episode 7( star killer, tako dona(I cant spell these names) and jakku)
1-3 (Coursant, naboo, genoesis and maybe kamino)

Heroes:
Han solo, Leia solo, luke skywalker, darth Maul, Yoda, darth Vader/Anakin , boba fett, obiwan, rey, fin, kylo ren, Director Krenic, Jyn Erso, Bossk, Nien Nub, Dengar, Lando, (as much as I hate to say it) Greedo, Chewbacca, the Emperor, Grevious, dooku, and IG88

What I want that might be DLC:
Rebels: Heroes: Thrawn, Ezra, Zeb, and Inquisitor(maybe Kallus?)
Planet: Lothal, and The rebel base.

Clone Wars Umbara chapters:
Heroes: Rex, Cody, CAD BANE!!!!!!, and either IG88 or Arua Sing?
Planets: Well Umbara and Maybe another planet like a mon cal under water with shark dudes :)
(Umbara Skins please)

All I have to say
You know if you draw a line in the sand on what you want you'll only be disappointed because 9 times out of 10 it'll never live up to it. Not to say your list is bad or anything, just remember level design takes a long ass time, especially to the level of detail and graphical amazement they're doing. So it Quality over quantity

April 13, 2017, 01:56:32 AMReply #10

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 01:56:32 AM »
You know if you draw a line in the sand on what you want you'll only be disappointed because 9 times out of 10 it'll never live up to it. Not to say your list is bad or anything, just remember level design takes a long ass time, especially to the level of detail and graphical amazement they're doing. So it Quality over quantity
What I'm saying my comrade is that their are so many things that maybe (And I HATE to admit it) they are doing t much.
Clone wars, Galactic civil war and first order war are ALOT to cram in.
I just afraid of cutting corners. I don't want to pay for rogue one dlc. I will pay for rebels dlc and a special clone wars one or maybe even a han solo dlc.
see the MAIN battles must be in but always tried to add other important ones after like umbara or lothal.
same goes for heroes. I'm fine with not many heroes as long as each hero has something unique about them. I don't want a repeat of battl fronts way of handling pistol holding heroes. Greedo, Jyn, Lando, and han had the same animations for moving an shooting. Also most imperial heroes use the gas grenade things which I hated.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:58:22 AM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

April 13, 2017, 04:31:18 PMReply #11

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 04:31:18 PM »
What I'm saying my comrade is that their are so many things that maybe (And I HATE to admit it) they are doing t much.
Clone wars, Galactic civil war and first order war are ALOT to cram in.
I just afraid of cutting corners. I don't want to pay for rogue one dlc. I will pay for rebels dlc and a special clone wars one or maybe even a han solo dlc.
see the MAIN battles must be in but always tried to add other important ones after like umbara or lothal.
same goes for heroes. I'm fine with not many heroes as long as each hero has something unique about them. I don't want a repeat of battl fronts way of handling pistol holding heroes. Greedo, Jyn, Lando, and han had the same animations for moving an shooting. Also most imperial heroes use the gas grenade things which I hated.
I get what you're saying, I seriously doubt they will add Rebels content or Umbara. Umbara would be cool since it would probably be the best visual map of all time. I never really got the DLC outrage, they need money to develop games so if they're going to develop abunch of really amazing maps I won't mind paying for those things. The Rogue One DLC was actually really cool, so I'm really happy they added it in. Also its DICE they're not going to cut corners, if anything they'll have a huge budget.   

April 13, 2017, 06:14:19 PMReply #12

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 06:14:19 PM »
I get what you're saying, I seriously doubt they will add Rebels content or Umbara. Umbara would be cool since it would probably be the best visual map of all time. I never really got the DLC outrage, they need money to develop games so if they're going to develop abunch of really amazing maps I won't mind paying for those things. The Rogue One DLC was actually really cool, so I'm really happy they added it in. Also its DICE they're not going to cut corners, if anything they'll have a huge budget.
The problem most of the Battlefront Community has with the way DLC was implemented is it splits the player-base. That is the single-most stated thing on the official forums concerning DLC. People won't mind paying for heroes, weapons, gear, or even outfits as long as the maps are free so the players aren't being split up.

April 13, 2017, 06:48:59 PMReply #13

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 06:48:59 PM »
The problem most of the Battlefront Community has with the way DLC was implemented is it splits the player-base. That is the single-most stated thing on the official forums concerning DLC. People won't mind paying for heroes, weapons, gear, or even outfits as long as the maps are free so the players aren't being split up.
It would be a safe bet that they might follow that then, if its a very common complaint on the forums, then they are probably are aware of the problem, and will come up with a soultion. This time around they seem to be heavily involved and are actively listening to the community, seeing how they added Space Battles into the DLC. I trust DICE to deliver on this game, I won't listen to speculation on it since that just builds the hype train way too much similar to No mans sky
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:44:06 PM by Mr.Puerto »

April 13, 2017, 08:16:59 PMReply #14

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2017, 08:16:59 PM »
I mean I'm fine with dlc as long as it is reasonably price and contains enough new content. What annoys me is when games have things that are not skins or cosmetic items as pre-order dlc. I mean its really bullshit that I must pre-order in advance it I want a last jedi hero. KEEP in mind this is a hero that could be broken and unbalance. When I pre-order the battlefront (EA) I could get a free han solo blaster which if you look in the game member was really powerful and also unlocked at rank 25.

this video gives you the idea
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

April 14, 2017, 10:22:09 AMReply #15

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: DLC vs Expansion
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »
lets just hope they will give more free content....
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:24:34 AM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

April 14, 2017, 01:06:37 PMReply #16

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: DLC vs Expansion
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 01:06:37 PM »
lets just hope they will give more free content....
I get it I really do and I'm sure they will, but they gotta pay the bills somehow, just like the rest of us

April 15, 2017, 03:30:55 AMReply #17

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 03:30:55 AM »
If it has a single player campaign from the Imperial perspective like it seems to be hinting at I'm definitely interested.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

April 15, 2017, 03:12:10 PMReply #18

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 03:12:10 PM »
If it has a single player campaign from the Imperial perspective like it seems to be hinting at I'm definitely interested.
Definitely an Imperial perspective

April 15, 2017, 03:12:50 PMReply #19

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 03:12:50 PM »
We might need a new topic for the information being released during the livestream

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!