Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Could the Empire really have won in the cannon if Rax didint Fucked it up?  (Read 4369 times)

April 07, 2017, 11:15:28 PM

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Contingency

this plan was intended to crush and destroy the Empire and its leaders in order to "Rebuild the Empire" so that the Emperor does not get out lived by the Empire.
Now this raises a question. Does that mean that every rebel victory after Endor was unfairly balance for the Rebellion to win? If that is true then the rebellion is such terrible of a fighting force then. I mean that makes Wedge look like a not so great pilot but more of a saved by luck guy when he fought the empire before Endor. Does that mean that the Empire could have probably keep fighting for a long time until a commander steps forward so capable that he bring the Empire back form the brink of Death? Like Thrawn? We also finally got confirmation on warlord factions, but they are labeled as "remnants" like the Anote sector/Iron Blockade or the other groups like Gallius Rax's imperial remnant.

(just a side note this plan is really fucking stupid. I mean come on could you just have pull out the imperial divisions into the unknown regions? And if this the Emperor can cheat death and return isn't this plan pointless? this plan is just really fucking stupid.)

I interested to here Imperial Lore nuts opinions on this.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

April 08, 2017, 12:24:49 AMReply #1

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Yup. Just lost whatever lingering respect I had for the new canon. That's my opinion.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

April 08, 2017, 01:21:33 PMReply #2

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
disney sucks
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

April 08, 2017, 08:19:17 PMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
To quote General Zod,...

"HERESY! DESTROY IT!"
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

April 09, 2017, 12:07:09 AMReply #4

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
I wonder if Corey has a contingency plan of self destruction if he falls prematurely. He just takes the entire Sins and EAW modding community with him
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 09, 2017, 05:32:25 AMReply #5

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
no, he does not... ::) how could you even presume.... ;)
:D
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

April 09, 2017, 02:38:44 PMReply #6

• Admiral
    • View Profile
lol your reactions
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

April 09, 2017, 09:11:41 PMReply #7

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
I wonder if Corey has a contingency plan of self destruction if he falls prematurely. He just takes the entire Sins and EAW modding community with him

It's quite possible . . .
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

April 10, 2017, 07:29:43 AMReply #8

• Admiral
    • View Profile
you guys do realize what scares me? This could mean that Snoke Is the Emperor reborn now having destroy the empire so he could rebuild fully how he wanted it.
Fuck
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

April 10, 2017, 09:47:41 AMReply #9

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
you guys do realize what scares me? This could mean that Snoke Is the Emperor reborn now having destroy the empire so he could rebuild fully how he wanted it.
Fuck
I think in the aftermath books they state that Palps was searching for the source of the dark side outside the galaxy, that's why he had the observation post on Jakku. I also think it states that force sensitives began receiving messages from this source. So that implies that Snoke is not only a new character but also comes from outside the galaxy.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 10, 2017, 01:06:03 PMReply #10

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
"Canon", screwing things up as usual. Just when you think it can't get any worse. Fucking pathetic. Sorry for the language but this stuff really gets to me.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

April 10, 2017, 04:40:10 PMReply #11

• Admiral
    • View Profile
I think in the aftermath books they state that Palps was searching for the source of the dark side outside the galaxy, that's why he had the observation post on Jakku. I also think it states that force sensitives began receiving messages from this source. So that implies that Snoke is not only a new character but also comes from outside the galaxy.
the Vong?
no they aren't  that smart.
Alternate Realties? Please GOD NO
More space Nazis? Yep

Imperial Deathtroopers(UN Peacekeepers if you get my joke)?
no but would like to see first order death troopers
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

April 10, 2017, 08:00:30 PMReply #12

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I Made The Death Star!!! Also Tarkin Sucks
    • View Profile
perhaps Thrawn would of commanded them again and not be killed.
The power that we are dealing with here; is immeasurable

April 10, 2017, 09:39:42 PMReply #13

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
the Vong?
no they aren't  that smart.
Alternate Realties? Please GOD NO
More space Nazis? Yep

Imperial Deathtroopers(UN Peacekeepers if you get my joke)?
no but would like to see first order death troopers
I don't even think you can compare Gungans to peacekeepers lol, while I highly respect UN peacekeepers lets be honest they're far from an offensive force, or even a security force at times. I think they won't use the vong exactly but use the idea of an extra-galactic entity which I like. Plus I didn't really have any interest in the Vong so I'd be glad if they don't use them. And hey its always about Space Nazis duh! LOL its Space Shakespeare and space Nazis/Romans 

April 10, 2017, 09:40:24 PMReply #14

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
I think they could probably cast Thrawn very well, but I think we would've heard about by now

April 11, 2017, 07:31:40 AMReply #15

• Admiral
    • View Profile
no I don't want to work for the most fucking incompetent fighting force, I rather fight as a imperial splinter faction leader against the Resistance, and First Order.
I actually fight with capable fighting forces.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

April 11, 2017, 11:33:31 AMReply #16

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
no I don't want to work for the most fucking incompetent fighting force, I rather fight as a imperial splinter faction leader against the Resistance, and First Order.
I actually fight with capable fighting forces.
Nah they would make the first order like the empire in 5 and just destroy the resistance, they're not going to give them plot armor at this point

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!