Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Enforcer Armament  (Read 2287 times)

April 03, 2017, 07:26:06 PM

Offline the_trots

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
Enforcer Armament
« on: April 03, 2017, 07:26:06 PM »
The excellent 2.1 manual, and numerous discussions on here refer to the Enforcer being equipped with quad laser cannons.

The Enforcers in my 2.15 install do not have any laser cannons
  They are equipped with just Ion cannons and TurboLasers and I am not confusing them with Vindicators.

April 03, 2017, 07:44:12 PMReply #1

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Enforcer Armament
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 07:44:12 PM »
the laser cannons don't have a hardpoint, if you look really closely you can see the lasers when you target fighters nearby

April 03, 2017, 08:08:42 PMReply #2

Offline HobbesHurlbut

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:08:42 PM »
the laser cannons don't have a hardpoint, if you look really closely you can see the lasers when you target fighters nearby
are they still 2 pulses or 10 pulses now to reflect that Enforcer carried 10 quad laser cannons in Legends?

April 03, 2017, 08:30:43 PMReply #3

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 08:30:43 PM »
listen buddy, I just looked to make sure that it could kill fighters, I didn't analyse it in depth.

If I remember correctly, the lasers came from the center of the ship, so if you are going to count, I would recommend looking there.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:34:05 PM by Helix345 »

April 03, 2017, 08:46:28 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 08:46:28 PM »
Helix, chill.

Hobbes, within the representative system, each weapon turns into a pulse and distributed to a hardpoint. In 2.2, that total number gets divided by 2 to reduce the number of particles. So, 10/2, means five total shots to represent. Between two hardpoints, that means that 2.5 pulses per hardpoint would be the "accurate" number using that system. We typically round down, so that's 2 pulses. However, going forward the plan isn't to do certain types of weapons, especially lasers, that way, and instead to give the appropriate number of weapons to make it as effective versus the intended target as they seem like they should be, which is already how dedicated anti fighter ships worked (which is why things like the Lancer have more pulses, they need to be able to do their job; the representative system is just a basic metric).
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 03, 2017, 09:22:29 PMReply #5

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 09:22:29 PM »
Helix, chill.

Just wanna defend myself and say that's how I normally talk. I didn't mean to offend or provoke or anything.

April 03, 2017, 09:41:33 PMReply #6

Offline the_trots

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 09:41:33 PM »
I will take a closer look next time I see an Enforcer in battle.

Thank you for answering my question.

April 04, 2017, 08:04:12 AMReply #7

Offline HobbesHurlbut

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 08:04:12 AM »
Helix, chill.

Hobbes, within the representative system, each weapon turns into a pulse and distributed to a hardpoint. In 2.2, that total number gets divided by 2 to reduce the number of particles. So, 10/2, means five total shots to represent. Between two hardpoints, that means that 2.5 pulses per hardpoint would be the "accurate" number using that system. We typically round down, so that's 2 pulses. However, going forward the plan isn't to do certain types of weapons, especially lasers, that way, and instead to give the appropriate number of weapons to make it as effective versus the intended target as they seem like they should be, which is already how dedicated anti fighter ships worked (which is why things like the Lancer have more pulses, they need to be able to do their job; the representative system is just a basic metric).
Ah, I didn't understand the system as well as I thought I did.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!