Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

Would you like to see the Eoth with the ability to make ISD and VSDs?

Author Topic: Eoth to make ISD1 and ISD2 as well as VSD1 and VSD2?  (Read 1819 times)

April 02, 2017, 09:41:24 AM

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I Made The Death Star!!! Also Tarkin Sucks
    • View Profile
Eoth to make ISD1 and ISD2 as well as VSD1 and VSD2?
« on: April 02, 2017, 09:41:24 AM »
Do you the Eoth should be able to build ISDs and VSDs?
The power that we are dealing with here; is immeasurable

April 02, 2017, 12:30:17 PMReply #1

Offline the_trots

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Eoth to make ISD1 and ISD2 as well as VSD1 and VSD2?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 12:30:17 PM »
Well the Hand did use Star Destroyer and I guess this is representated by their heros with these ships.

I don't think many players would build them as the Phalanx and Chaf are better than the ISD and VSD.

April 02, 2017, 12:39:22 PMReply #2

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 12:39:22 PM »
I vote no as at this point in time they no longer have the support of the Empire. I do believe though that they should start with a couple of more of each.

April 02, 2017, 12:42:18 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 12:42:18 PM »
No the EOTH is its own faction and doesn't need any Imperial stuff. I don't want every faction in the mod playing like the empire that's super boring and dumb
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 02, 2017, 01:09:07 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »
From a lore perspective, the mod is set after the point where they would have most likely stopped getting any significant resource influx from the Empire. Since the mod now starts right after Endor instead of a little while later, we'll likely work more into their starting forces, but it's doubtful they would have been getting any more from an Empire that was hemorrhaging Star Destroyers. We also have no indication that the EotH built any Star Destroyers other than their Clawcraft-esque fustions (which in the mod basically means the Ascendancy and the Chaf for the ISD and the VSD).

From the perspective of their roster, they already have a ton of stuff that fills those roles. In 2.2, they're going to have 6 of their own dedicated capital ships, which rivals if not exceeds almost every other faction, so they don't really need them.

From a broader roster perspective, giving the EotH ISDs would mean that these factions have Star Destroyers as a primary part of their roster:
1. Remnant
2. Pentastar Alignment
3. Empire of the Hand
4. Greater Maldrood
5. Warlord Zsinj
6. Eriadu Authority
7. Duskhan League

And, conversely the following would be the playable factions which can't build Star Destroyers:
1. New Republic (which, in early eras, also start with a couple and can gain a couple some other ways)

We've put a lot of effort into making a ton of Imperial (and Republic) assets so there'd at least be some variety between the 6 Empire-derived factions instead of just dumping the Remnant roster onto the PA, EA, GM and Zsinj. Putting those common Imperial units to factions where there's not really a reason to would run counter to that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 01:11:07 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!