Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

Should Thrawns death be mentioned in the Historical reference of Bilbringi?

Author Topic: Bilbringi to state thrawns death?  (Read 1894 times)

March 31, 2017, 06:50:28 PM

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I Made The Death Star!!! Also Tarkin Sucks
    • View Profile
Bilbringi to state thrawns death?
« on: March 31, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »
I recently read about the details of Thrawn's death and it pointed to Bilbringi. I then read the Historical reference to be let down it was not there. Do you think it should or should not? Please vote.
The power that we are dealing with here; is immeasurable

March 31, 2017, 08:17:48 PMReply #1

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Re: Bilbringi to state thrawns death?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 08:17:48 PM »
while that would be nice, and appropriate if the mod was after 9ABY, it starts in 4 ABY, and thus that's FIVE years where we technically know thrawn will die there before he is
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

April 01, 2017, 12:38:46 AMReply #2

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 12:38:46 AM »
Since I'm 90% sure that Toss Beacon mentions Daala's deadly summit, eh why not. I think however that's the only piece of fluff text about Toss Beacon in the entirety of the EU, where as I think Bilgrini got a bit more fleshed out.

April 01, 2017, 11:45:42 AMReply #3

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 11:45:42 AM »
Writing the planet bios is still one of the most painful exercises I've had to do in nine years working on the mod.

It's fine when you're dealing with locations that have appeared multiple times in canon and actually *have* some measure of detail, but a lot of the planets in the mod are there for [insert specific scenario] and as Greystar says, the information about them is literally "This is a planet, it has a name and something happened here once".

With regards to referencing contemporary events we have included a measure of those across the mod where appropriate, including references to the Thrawn campaign (sans death) in Bilbringi's.  As DarthRevan rightly points though, out depending on the GC you are playing those might actually be future history which is slightly awkward.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 11:47:19 AM by Slornie »
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

April 01, 2017, 04:42:20 PMReply #4

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 04:42:20 PM »
So I checked and the most they had on Bilgrini minus the Coruscant siege preparation and Thrawn's death, was that Leia visited it as a child.

That's it.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!