Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Problems with the New Republic?  (Read 1369 times)

March 31, 2017, 02:53:27 PM

Offline CaptainPogo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
  • Won't be running into traps today!
    • View Profile
Problems with the New Republic?
« on: March 31, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »
After a good look at both the Old EU and the New EU, my personal feelings came to this:

The New Republic is utterly incompetent after wresting control of the galaxy from the Galatic Empire. I don't like saying that since it undermines the goals of the Rebel Alliance (Alliance to restore the Republic is a name I find too silly to me) but frankly...Jesus, it's like they became a bunch of wusses overtime. I understand the galaxy is huge and the NR just came after a nasty war but good grief. Must almost every issue drive them to the brink of collapse be our plot a book series?

Old EU was mostly them slowly being corrupted which finally reached a conclusion of their downfall. New EU....They were just too naive. While it's impressive they got a much better grasp of the galaxy while Old EU had to struggle to make their claims against warlords and the occasional threat of the week, one has to facepalm that they're willing to disarm their military strength and ignore the most obvious as hell threat against them. At least the Old EU's NR has the sense to refit their military strength.

It's like no matter what, you're just going to be annoyed at the NR in general regardless of canon.

My opinion really.

March 31, 2017, 03:54:11 PMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with the New Republic?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
I think that's just a story cliche for long running franchises. The "good guy" democracy is either to naive to operate, or incompetent/ corrupt to do anything. I think its supposed to signify a Western style government and a supposed warning sign that big nations don't last forever. I honestly think its a pretty dumb part of that sort of story telling, and its really just there as a plot mechanism to sell more material and open up the universe for future stories.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!